Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› What if a show was canceled?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 22, 2004 16:55:31

if u remember last year, Englands show was close to be canceled
and since not one show has been canceled before

what if one was canceled? lets say a very strong, stronger than England's wind blow on La Ronde and they had to cancel

than what? would it be postponed (but postponed to when?)

Posted: Jul 23, 2004 06:51:39

Two possibilies exist, depending if there are two shows a week or just one. If there is one show per week, then it would be possible to fire the display the next day. If there are two displays a week, it is not possible to fire the show the next day so it would have to be fired the same day, even if there was no audience (i.e. after everyone has gone home). The chances of the wind remaining too strong after sunset are pretty small - indeed, there have been no cancellations in the 20 year history of the competition.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 23, 2004 07:04:51   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

An interesting topic you proprose.

It's very difficult to say if it were to happen, especially taking into consideration that our record of cancellations is 0, since 1985. And yes you're right, last year's Kimbolton fireworks had a tough time with the weather and were definitely the closest to cancellation, in the history of the competition.

I have a feeling that the most logical reasoning for if that scenario were to happen to the severe limitations with the wind, then I think the show will be postponed and replace the date that the following show was to be showed. For example, if it was on a Wednesday, then cancelled, it would then be showed on the Saturday, which would then mean that the initial display that was supposed to present on that Saturday will be on the next Wednesday, and so on.

Another possibility could be proposed. If the show was cancelled, they could probably postpone it to the next day, but as Paul said, this depends on the week. i.e. 2 per week or one per week. Also, I agree, the chances are very slim of the wind lasting absurdly long at such an intensity. Although, of course, it is possible...........

Then again, I think every show is supposed to present, no matter what, on their respective date. I don't think their would be any second chances.

This is just my reasoning, but I guess what Paul says, is what would happen if a show was cancelled.

An interensting question, none the less.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012