Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Awards ceremony
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 29, 2004 14:26:55

I've been attending the closing displays on and off for the past few years. I thought this years awards presentation was strange, especially since it was such a big and special season this year. During the competition all sorts of important people from the countrys taking part gave speaches, live ambassadors and things like that. Yet at the presentation last night, there was no one from any official organization here - either the city or province or country! What was with that? Even in the opening this year we didn't have the maior. In the past when Bourque was maior, he always gave this great speach. You might not like is party or whatnot, but you could see he was passionate about montreal and the fireworks. I thought it was a big shame that there was noone important there this time. Perhaps they were all way on the fete du travaille!

Dominic

Posted: Jul 30, 2004 08:15:35

I don't think a mayor has attended the ceremonies at La Ronde since the city sold the park. Perhaps this is the reason. All the sponsors sent representatives to the closing ceremony.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 31, 2004 07:38:46

I never actually knew that the mayor ever attended the ceremonies in the past! It would've been neat to see him there this year!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 3, 2004 12:10:21   Edited by: Lars

I think the duration of the closing ceremony was fitting and had speeches from relevant persons, like a representative from LaRonde, SAQ, and not least Martyne Gagnon and Paul Csucassy who it the core of the competition etc. Some of their topics could probably also equal...

Anyway - this was my first closing ceremony and i thought it was very atmospheric.

Though it would be nice to understand the french language. It could give a better expirience

Finally i must praise Michel Lacroix for his elegant way to present the displays. His apperance is perfect for creating a great athmosphere.

Lars

Posted: Aug 3, 2004 14:38:15

Lars,

I truly agree. Michel Lacroix made perfect timing for this year's competition! I mean what would it feel like if he didn't make the countdown!

Anyways, I'm glad that you saw the closing show, however, it's a real shame that a good portion of the show was spoilt by smoke, especially where I was. This really distracted the audience. Well, as long as you saw it, it's fine.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019