Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Music before and after the display at La Ronde
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 01:18:18

Does anyone know the name of the songs for the suspense songs/themes that play before and after the fireworks display at La Ronde.

And I don't mean Chariots of Fire that plays just before the commentator starts talking. I mean after the commentator finished and the stage is shifting to the left, there is background music being played... the same once since 3-4 years. Anyone know that music?

Plus anyone know the music that plays when the fireworks are over? (Another nice and suspenseful theme as the crowd walks and make the line ups to get to the exits)

Posted: Jul 14, 2011 09:24:42

See http://montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=5&t opic=822&page=0#2 and http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/rep.cgi?head2002,rank2002,ta il2002

Most of the tracks are from 1492 by Vangelis (the David Foster "Winter" piece is no longer used because there's no lap of honour around the lake anymore).

Paul.

Posted: Jul 16, 2011 15:57:37

Wow Much appreciated! Thank you so much.

i'm sorry for making you answer this question another time though :'[img]http://montreal-fireworks.com/forum/img/smilies/wink.gif[/img] I guess i should have used the search feature

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 12:24:30

It seems the music changed since 2011 (no longer 1492 by Vangelis).
Does anyone know what music plays during the 15 minutes before the fireworks? Right after the flag/national anthem?

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 12:57:29

badnitrus!!!!

It has certainly been quite some time - I believe nearly 11 years since your last posting!

While I am uncertain about the answer to your question, it is very nice to see you on the forum again!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 15:46:23   Edited by: ryguy2008

It's the opening credits for about 13-14 minutes from Mutiny on the Bounty and then the closing credits about 1-2 minutes before showtime.

~~~

Hi!

I've been reading this forum for a few years, but never actually posted. I felt that it was about time that I join. I was a member of the jury twice, including last year, and have been attending shows at La Ronde since 2009. My first show that I saw inside the park was Melrose Pyrotechnic's "Reel Love". I've been hooked ever since.

I've met many of you inside La Ronde. Fred definitely knows who I am - we spoke last night.

Although I won't speak about my opinions for the shows that I saw as a jury member, I look forward to sharing my thoughts on the shows this season. I'll post a mini review of last night's show later today.

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 21:53:37

As far as I remember, the pre- and post-show musics haven't changed since a very long time (certainly not since 2011).

It's good to read you here, ryguy2008. Welcome on the board!

Fred

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 06:53:22

The biggest change in the music was due to there not being a lap of honour on the lake in a boat now. David Foster's "Winter" used to be played during that and was, for me, an iconic piece of music for the competition. Other than that, the rest of the music is the same, though maybe nothing is now played at the point the pyrotechnicians are received on the stage (though there isn't currently a stage at all, as Fred mentioned in another thread).

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022