Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› 2014 tentative line-up
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 4, 2012 02:44:26

With the end of the 28th edition, we are closer to the 30th anniversary of the competition. Whether the organizers decide to celebrate this event with a special edition gathering the Gold Juptier winners of the competition third decade (as they did in 2004), we can draw a tentative line-up for the 2014 season!

2005 - Fuegos Artificiales Jupiter (Argentina)
2006 - Melrose Pyrotechnics (United States)
2007 - Pains Fireworks (United Kingdom)
2008 - Pyrotecnico (United States)
2009 - Royal Pyrotechnie (Canada)
2010 - Fireworks Spectaculars Canada
2011 - Pirotécnia Morsani (Italy)
2012 - Atlas PyroVision Productions (United States)
2013 - ????

Fred

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 15:11:40

That would certainly be a very interesting line up. So, now, who do we want to win in 2013 to make it even more interesting?

Paul.

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 21:39:14

you think they'd have 3 from the US and 2 from Canada? that'd be awesome for bragging rights within their own countries! I say bring it on!

Posted: Aug 6, 2012 22:58:10

That line up needs a spanish firm

Vander

Posted: Aug 7, 2012 11:48:09

That line up needs a spanish firm

I agree, although that would mean that Spain both needs to appear as part of the 2013 line-up AND win the gold!

Spain's participation frequency has certainly diminished over the years, as compared to what it used to be (especially during the 90's). Next year would be four years since Spain has competed.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 4, 2013 02:09:53

The 29th edition of the Montreal International Fireworks Competition has come to a close. So I thought it is the right time to resume this discussion, started one year ago, about the 30th anniversary in 2014.

Will we enjoy a Platinum special edition as we did in 2004, gathering Gold Jupiter winners? Here is a tentative line-up based on the winners of the last decade:

2005 - Fuegos Artificiales Jupiter (Argentina)
2006 - Melrose Pyrotechnics (United States)
2007 - Pains Fireworks (United Kingdom)
2008 - Pyrotecnico (United States)
2009 - Royal Pyrotechnie (Canada)
2010 - Fireworks Spectaculars Canada
2011 - Pirotécnia Morsani (Italy)
2012 - Atlas PyroVision Productions (United States)
2013 - Pyroemotions & Pyrodigit Team (Italy)

However, I believe that a such line-up is unlikely. So previous Gold Jupiter winners may also be invited.

A nice way to open a such special edition may be to invite Weco (Germany), winner of the 1st Platinum Jupiter in 2004, to perform an off-competition display.

Furthermore, it doesn't look sure that the organizers plan to celebrate the 30th anniversary with this format. So you may think about other combinaisons of contestants.

Fred

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 12:01:05   Edited by: Smoke

As it is about one month since the closing of the 2013 competition, and with the Labor Day weekend now concluded (and, thus, Summer unofficially reaching a close), I thought that it would be interesting for us to begin making predictions for the 30th edition of Montreal fireworks, which will take place next year (2014). I formally put together a prediction thread at this time of year, but I thought that it would be more appropriate to use Fred's existing topic over the course of the next six to eight months (depending on when the schedule is released)!

Predictions can included schedule structure (i.e. number of entrants, opening show, closing show, all-gold Jupiter entrants, etc.), competition start dates, and potential countries/representing companies. Also, for the heck of it, we can also throw in certain themes that we would like to see presented. As a start, I recall many forum members, including myself, expressing that they'd like to see Vulcan Fireworks return for an opening show, assuming that an opening will be a part of the 2014 schedule.

So, what are YOUR predictions for 2014?

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021