Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Pajama Fireworks 2004
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 15:29:42   Edited by: Enkil

yes, its no surprise, they said that it will rain and slow ALOT this year
i was just about to talk to u about that with u, but ill have to go back to my homework

so what exactly r u going to do? r u going to La Ronde? or on the Notre Dame street?

im so confused right now, that i just dont know where to stand!
all i know, it wont be the same environment, it will be cold, with cars going here and there, same for the bridge

do u know any other place near Notre Dame street? i know that theres one, where u stand on the grass its like a big ground, i dont know remember where it was, it was years ago

we need alot of information

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 15:45:51

Enkil,

Yeah, when we can, we can talk about the weather a bit more in detail.

I think the best bet is to go to La Ronde. I'm really pessimistic on the idea of going to Notre-Dame and De Lorimer. I doubt it will be open. Plus, I don't want to be the only one who parks there! I'll more info on street closures first, though. I find it easier to get on De Lorimier. That's the problem. We feel more comfortable there. If not, I guess we'll have to go to La Ronde. Hopefully, we'll meet Paul, if we go.

As for any other street near Note-Dame, I'm not too sure. I guess people will go to the Old Port and watch. And maybe there's other spots on Viger. Viger intersects with Notre-Dame and De Lorimer where I stand and gains access to the 720.

I think I know what you're talking about regarding the grass area. It's not that far from where I usually stand, but I think you'll have to park in the usual spot.

As you say, we need more info! We have to know where we should stand first.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 16:58:47

well, one thing i can confirm u is, i dont want to go spend a day at La Ronde, dont get me wrong, i absolutly love La Ronde since i was a kid, even if i havent been there for prolly 3 years, i still follow its developpement, but its just that i dont really feel like it at this time of year, there really isnt anyone who would want to go there

u know whats weird? imagine if we r the only ones on the street, watching the sky while cars r passing near us, i can imagine there will be a few ppl here and there, but its still not a good environment considering how active that road is

ill try to get more info on this, but does anyone here know if theres street closures??????????????????????????

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 18:45:22

Enkil,

Yes, I agree. It feels weird to go to La Ronde in September, when school starts and the place is getting cooler. It doesn't feel right! I also love La Ronde, but it's not the same like in June or July, or even August. Although the last time I've been to La Ronde was in 2002! I was hoping to go this year, but no one was interested. I can tell you that in the past, sometimes we went two or even three times a year! Now, it's no big deal.

As for Notre-Dame and De Lorimier, yes, they're very busy streets, especially since Notre-Dame takes you right to the highway. That's the way I use to get out. They're very busy and yes, it would feel weird if we're the only ones there watching the fireworks while cars are going by! I think they would laugh at us!

In all, I don't think it's a good idea to go there, especially if the roads won't be closed. I'm sure people will go there, though. De Lorimier and Notre-Dame are BIG favourites during the competition and tons of people go there! I know that!

I'll see if I can find any street closures info. Tell me if you find anything.

Regards,

Trav.
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.027