Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Enkil Still Waits Inpatiently...
. 1 . 2 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 10:47:35

for the surprise

at least theres something to look foward before school starts, im starting on Monday

Paul could u give us a date, im hoping it will be something big

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 11:36:11

Finally! A new post!

I started school already, yesturday! The good news about my schedule is that I have Mondays off! That's why I started yesturday!

BTW, I just went to Laval to get my license and guess what? I got it!!! Now I can drive, but after I get more practice on the road.

As for the surprise, I still can't wait! I wonder what it is....I have a feeling it's about 2005, or maybe it's even IPON's finale!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 11:58:20

wow, great! Congratulation!

do u think ull be albe to drive there for Sept 5?

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 12:46:36   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

Thank you for your kind words. Yeah, I finally got it. What a relief!

As for September 5th, maybe I'll drive there, only problem is that I still need supervision and practice before I'm used to the expressways, but what the heck, as long as I have my license! I'll probably be driving to the Mondial SAQ next year, whenever my family isn't in the mood to go, I'll just go. I'm always in the mood!

Plus, I'll have 10 months to practice! Plenty of time!

Anyways, anything new with you? Are you still going on Sept.5th? I think you have a better chance than me!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 12:52:34

u should just go with one person from ure family, just for supervision, dont take the highways, i think it should be fine

i still havent talk with my big sister, becuz i want to wait for next week, i want to see how the weather will be

i know for a fact that she wont go if it will be cold, unless if she stays in the car lol

so, i really dont know, again time will tell

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 13:02:26

That's the same thing with my family. When it's cold, they don't want to go anywhere, but I can't blame them.

As for the weather, we still don't know next weekend's forecast just yet. We'll have to wait and see. All I know is that this weekend, so far, is getting back cool again, unlike the way it was before.

It looks like both of our families are weather related!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to ask you, but how's your video coming?

BTW, if you'd like, watch the finales when it gets dark and crank up the volume. It feels almost like the real thing. Especially Caballer's!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 13:11:28

well next week looks good, Wednesday it will be 24C, not bad

actually, i was going to make the video this weekend, but since the surprise is coming, i decided to wait, maybe its a video clip, u never know, besides, the more u wait the more i get anticipated lol

yes, when i want to watch it seriously, i close the curtains and open the speakers loud, i used to do that last year when i watch with someone, i will go it again this year

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 13:24:03

Enkil,

Yeah, you're right, it's best to wait. Plus, I also want to see Paul's surprise! Who knows, maybe it's something that we would never expect!

Actually, now it's a habit of mine! I watch the finales almost every night! They're quite loud, huh? That's good! And you get all those flashes in your face when it's dark!

We should record all the finales every year, from now on, especially considering that the competition is only going to last for another 6 years. Might as well collect them for memories and entertainment.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 13:35:08

"is only going to last for another 6 years"

its not confirmed that its going to last for only another 6 years

thats not what the contract stats

its that they must continu until the contract ends, after that Six Flags can decide if they want to continu

i believe that we will have more clues as the years passes if Six Flags will stop it, cuz with all the modification they r doing, we will know

they might as well do another special year for the last year or something

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 14:10:32   Edited by: Smoke

Who knows what will happen, but I hope it will go on for a very very long time. Paul had said that the contract says that the competiton must be kept going for at least another 10 years, as of 2001. It's not only coporate stuff, but also people nearby are complaining about the smoke and other things. They shouldn't complain! It's only 1/2 hour! Then again, Six Flags might also want to use the area that's being used for the Mondial SAQ. Take a look at this:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =5&topic=248

I don't see why they should do that. They make a lot more money on fireworks days!

Anyways, I'm hoping for the competition to go on for as long as it possibly can. If we ever have children when we get older, it would be a great idea for them to see what we saw! A treat for the whole family!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 06:37:07

The surprise is coming very soon - everything has been prepared, I just have to arrange a couple of things before I can reveal it. I'm sure it will create a lot of things for us to talk about!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 11:36:14

aruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

when u say "coming very soon" is that like today, or in 2, 3 days? lol

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 12:39:36

I've just heard that it will be the beginning of next week at the earliest. I hope that everything will be OK to allow me to do what I want to do ...

... more news when I have it.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 12:58:53   Edited by: Smoke

I could hardly wait for this surprise!

This certainly sounds big! And it looks like Enkil is even more impatient than me! Paul, the suspense is killing me, like last year!

BTW, I wanted to ask you, but do you remember that problem with the forum last year around Labour Day? Remember that there was a problem with an expired card or something? If you still don't remember, then take a look at this old link to jog your memory:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =5&topic=88

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 13:13:22   Edited by: Enkil

ok since its not on ure hands, cant blame u, but thx for letting us know

but there be a time set, like last years sechule? or it will be annouce at any time?

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 11:53:56

Kinda hot out there, huh?

I love it! After a pretty bad August, finally something good! Tomorrow should be the same thing! Look out for possible thunderstorms this evening and maybe overnight! I'm weather watching now!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 15:14:06

ure right its hot as hell

enjoy it while it lasts, cuz next week were going back to the same situation

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 16:27:15   Edited by: Smoke

I know! Tomorrow where supposed to get another hot, humid and hazy day! Enjoy it, because it looks like Sunday is rain(for now) and the rest of the week is going to be seasonal. Not so bad, though, as you go into the latter part of the week.

BTW, I'm watching for stroms tonight! A very unstable airmass with the right dynamics will possibly get the storms going. I did hear some rumbles of thunder while I was at school today.

However, nothing too impressive is going on now and the clouds aren't that impressive either, but these clouds usually precede something. I'm observing everything carefully for any developments. It's very beautiful when storms begin to blossom.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 17:18:53

well, the temperature is quickly changing now, its not a good sign

there was a moment in the afternoon where it was impossible for me to stay in my room so much that it was hot, but now i guess its ok to stay inside

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 18:20:49   Edited by: Smoke

I wouldn't say so. It's still quite humid out there and dewpoints are still sky-rocketing. I was just outside enjoying it. Humidex values will stay around 30 degrees, even during the overnight hours. Even right now, it feels like 35. Plus, tomorrow is looking pretty hot! Even the morning will feel like close to 30 already! That's good! Shaping up to be a fine day tomorrow. (For now)

However, right now, the only bad thing is that we've lost the solar energy required to boost the energy surges for the storms, so I don't think anything will happen anymore. Nothing too impressive outhere and very minor cloud development and formation. I've checked with some satellite and radar maps, and the biggest of the cells are disappearing. Once again, the loss of daytime heating. But still, the risk is there. I wouldn't rool out the possibility just yet. The humidity is still very stagnant and the air is very dense, so it's still possible, but not a big chance. About 30%.

Enkil, are you storm watching? It's quite fun, but you get tired after a while.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 18:27:55

theres sure isnt any storm here, is it raining there?

i meant i know its hot humid, but usally when clouds come the air changes a bit,

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 18:34:53

Yes, that's true. Clouds usually act as an insulator in the troposphere, especially in the winter. In the summer, though depending on the airmass, it's not that substantial, but yes, you're right, it somewhat changes the air.

As for any precipitation, there's really nothing happening on the West Island. I assume the same thing for Laval?

Like I said before, nothing too major going on, but we can't ignore the possibility, although it's only 30%.

I'm hoping it will come! It's always great when storms come, especially at night! Remember last time?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 13:52:01

Smoke,

i just finished watching the video i made, it turned out great everything was good, but there was only little problem i noticed, but i can fix it, but i have to reattach them again

do u still want it it? its 422mb and 53min

luckly i found a very tiny easy FTP server (Cerberus, about 320 of KB)
so now, i can open the server, u can download it whenever ure avaible, i dont think u need to install anything, cuz Internet Explorer can download it (ill just give u the link)

althro i still have to fix the video problem, ill do that toomorow, just in case Paul's surprise is a video, ill add that too, toomorow when i come from school ill sent u an email

i dont know if ill be at home toomorow night, but ill let u know here, ill sent u an email, i dont know how long it will take for u to download (what's ure max speed?) if it takes alot of time, we'll do it on a weekend

i wish i can sent to everything who wants, but it will be too much, since ive know u for a long time, ill sent u first

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 14:56:37   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

Thx for everything. I appreciate the effort you put into this video of yours and I know it will be good.

I think the best way for me to see it is if you do what you proposed in your post. The best way is to provide me with the link, so I can access the site or the download.

I'm not too sure about my max speed for my PC, but I know it's very fast and plus, it's new. When I downloaded the finales from Pierre, it took me less than 30 seconds to download the files, even the corresponding large ones. It's quite fast. You don't need to worry about that. I'll let you know the speed when I find out.

And yes, you're right, it would be tough to send your video to everyone, although that would've been great. I'm sure that we can work something out. I was thinking that you could send it to Paul and he could transfer the file to the forum, however, once again, I think it would be too big to handle. The file size must be huge! Caballer alone is 42,639 KB! That's only about 3:08!

As for sending me an E-Mail, you can do it whenever you can. I always check my E-mail, so I'll see your message fast when you send it. I'm sure I told you my E-mail before, but I'll tell you again. Here it is: travis2@videotron.ca

I guess the best thing to do is wait for the weekend, or on Friday, to workout something because that would leave you time to fix any errors and give Paul more time for his surprise, just in case.

It would be easy for me on Mondays, too, since I have Mondays off.

It's hard to believe that school is here already.......I completely forgot that today is your last day! I've gotten back used to it, though, because I already started last week. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. It's your last year in high school, right? Enjoy it and work your hardest.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 15:44:31

ok then, i think it will be easier for both of us if i sent on the weekend

Saturday morning? ill sent u an email Friday night

btw, did u see those thunderstorms just a few minutes ago? they werent very loud, not as powerfull, but just a cheap one i guess lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 17:33:54   Edited by: Smoke

Yeah, that would be easier.

I agree, you can send me an e-mail Firday night or Saturday morning. You can even send it tomorrow night, since I'm home all day. That is, if you're going to be home. Well, whenever is easier for you. I keep forgetting that you have school tomorrow!

As for the thunderstorms, yes, I saw them. I immediately got a front row seat (my window). Not bad, but not intense like others I've seen during the summer. Nothing compared to the one we got the other day! But still, it was enjoyable to watch. There were one or two bright lightning channels that caused the thunder to go a little louder than the regular ones! I don't know if you saw them, though.

Did you watch it from your window or elsewhere?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 17:49:36

from my window

theres was two strong bright lightning here, i dont remember which one but one of them sounded like Germany's ending, i swear! it reminded me of Germany's final (the one from the German board)

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 17:59:29   Edited by: Smoke

Yeah, there were a few here, too. I wanted more flashes of lightning, but then I quickly noticed that the storm was losing its punch.

To tell you the truth, I rarely ever missed a thunderstorm! It's like I always know when it's happening or possibly going to happen! It's a hobby, I guess. I loved them since I was 4 years old! I assume the same for you?

And I guess you're right about the storm and Germany's ending. It was like those bright flashes of salutes at the very end coming out from the sparkles and smoke.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask you something. Have you ever seen Paul's note book?

Take a look at this:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/photogen.cgi?Pics2004/Specia l/book1.jpg,600,401

He had shown that to me when I was asking him about his note-taking technique. Pretty cool. It looks like Paul writes fairly quickly!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 18:37:28   Edited by: Enkil

well, i just finished packing my school bag
i cant believe we're starting all over again, now we have to wait another 9 months

but for the first time in my live i feel happiness, happy cuz this is the last year of high school, finally

ive seen it his notebook, its funny, i cant read it lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 20:23:47

I know, it's hard to read his writing! But you can't blame him because there's always so much to write and plus, you've got to be quick!

BTW, here's how he writes "WOW" in his notebook after an intense ending:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/photogen.cgi?Pics2004/Specia l/book2.jpg,401,600

As for school, I hope you have a good first day back! It wouldn't be so bad because you wouldn't have a "full day." It's only introduction week! It's not like a regular week.

I don't think 9 months will be that bad! We killed time rather quickly last year and now I know we can do it again this year! At least you had a small thunderstorm on the last day!

Let me know how it went, when you get back tomorrow.

Good luck!

Trav.
. 1 . 2 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024