Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Enkil>>>>>>Questions............
. 1 . 2 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 3, 2004 15:57:56   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

I was just wondering about a couple of things.

First of all, do you remember about that e-mail you were going to send me this weekend? Well, what I want to know is are you still considering on doing so? I think it was something to do with your video and you said it woud be easier to do it on the weekend.

And the other question is, which I'm addressing to everyone, but does anyone know of any road closures for Sunday, september 5th?

Please reply soon.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 3, 2004 16:32:58

yes i will sent u an email tonight with all the info

i dont know where to start for searching any road closures info, so ill just ignore it, i dont think it will be closed cuz this isnt something very big, if they dont close the bridge, they prolly wont close the roads
i did talk with my sister this afternoon, there wasnt a real postive answer, but i think she did a yes sign, but the only thing i heard from her was "thank god Sunday i dont work", so i think thats a yes? oh yeah, btw this comes after i found her long lost keys, lol

but the problem is i dont know where to stand exactly, i hope there will a few ppl here and there

Posted: Sep 3, 2004 16:41:02

Smoke,

i might not sent the email very soon, prolly at 11:30pm cuz i have to do something right now

but if u dont get my email tonight, check it at 11:30 am (or earlier) tomorrow morning

Posted: Sep 3, 2004 18:02:40

Ok, I'll check it my e-mail tomorrow morning, first thing. Thx.

You're right about the street closures. Last year, I don't think De Lorimier and Notre-Dame were closed, let alone the bridge. I doubt that it will be open this year. I'll still look for information, though.

Sounds like you're going? Things are still the same for me.

I don't think that I'll end up going.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 3, 2004 22:30:53

not necessarily, nothing is confirmed here until the last minute,

one day its 40% chances, then 70%, then 50%, like last year
it will all the depend how the mood is Sunday night

i will be a bit more agressive Sunday afternoon, when my parents arent home, the less ppl in the house the better!

Smoke, take it smooth, and Sunday, if no one goes, beg someone to go with u, cause CHAOS! (just kidding lol)

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:13:38

That might work!

Maybe I can beg....That's what I did last year, but still...............

The problem is that if I tell them that it's a "12-minute show," they'll say "FORGET IT."

Then they're going to say " what's the point of going alllllllllllllllllllllll the way there just to see something that short?!"

That's where I'll say "Could be the last display for the summer and for the next 9-10 months!"

However, even if I don't go, by next year's competition, I'm going to see ALL the displays, regardless if anyone wants to go or not, that includes the pyjama display, too. I say this because by next year, I will have perfected by driving skills and should be able to go on my own! So, I wouldn't miss it next year!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:26:20

check ure email box, i have sent the email

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:37:42   Edited by: Enkil

Smoke, thats exactly what they said to me the first time, the problem is they dont really understand how much we want to see it

anyways, this morning, out of no where, my sister came and told me when the fireworks start tomorow night, i told her at 9pm - 9:12pm, then my other sister said, "u guys r going all the way up there, for a 12min show", then i said, "its a nice way to end summer", there was no respond there

so, i think there a 60% chances right now

Smoke try to ask them today, it will really suck if i make it and u dont, this way we can all see the final display, but i understand its not ure hands

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:45:42

Enkil,

I just got you're e-mail. I tried the "test" to see if everything was ok and managed to download it correctly to my PC. The problem occured after that. When I clicked on the file, a message came up and said "this file may be invalid or corrupted."

Was I supposed to do anything before I opened it?

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:48:39

to u have to rename test.zip to test.mpg

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:56:08

r u having trouble downloading the files????

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:57:15

Do you mean rename it in the address bar? I copy and pasted it to the address bar and took out the "zip" part and typed in mpg.

I was then redirected to a page with the Quick Time icon in the middle. That's all that happned. And I got the "Done" message in the bottom left of the page. Was that supposed to happen?

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 09:00:06

no lol

u copy past with zip AND hit enter to download

after u have download on ure computer, u then rename the file to mpg (on ure computer, not on the address bar)

u see i told u in the email that u wont be able to download it with the mpg extention, thats why i renamed it (Quick Time pop ups)

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 09:14:12

r u trying again?

just copy past ftp://***/test.zip on ure address bar and hit enter, thats all

does it work?

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 09:29:04

Smoke, where r u????????

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 09:51:04

Enkil,

Sorry for the late reply. Don't worry, I'm here.

I can't really try it right now beause my brother is on the computer. As soon as he gets off, I'll try it again.

I'm using my slower computer right now!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 09:53:45   Edited by: Enkil

ohhh ok

before, did u try to download ftp://***/test.zip, did it work?

if u want just try it on this computer, and tell if it downloads, (just for testing)

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 10:07:56   Edited by: Smoke

Yeah, I tried that. Do you remember when I had trouble downloading Pierre's finale video clips? Well, the same message comes up. It says "done", but nothing else shows up. Ironically, when I typed in "mpg" in the address bar instead of zip, I was directed to a page with a small Quick Time icon in the middle of the page.

I figured that it didn't work, so then I tried something else. I just right clicked on the "test" link you posted in the e-mail and went to "save target as." This worked, and it downloaded an saved the file to the computer. It then asked where to save it, obviously, and I just saved it on my desktop so I could access it easily when it's ready. After, I clicked on the saved file, which was called "test," and got an error message saying "the file may be corrupted or invalid."

This is the problem. I'll try what you said, though. I could be doing something wrong. Ill just delete the old saved file and try it again, step by step. I'll follow your instructions.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 10:12:55

ok, u know what im going to do?

im going to setup a webpage for u, this will be easier

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 10:21:42   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

Wait a minute! I don't want you to go through all this trouble just for me! Setting up a web page could take more time.

Let me follow your advice one more time and see what happens.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 10:25:49

no, i actually meant to make a webpage on geocities, with the link on it
i did it already
ull see when u open the site

im about to sent u an email, so when ure able to start downloading again, check ure email box

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 11:12:14

Enkil,

I got your e-mail. I tried it on my other computer, cuz my brother is still on the one I usually use, and it worked! I assume it will be the same on the other PC!

Thanks for your help. I'll just verify everything on my other PC!

Thx!

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 11:14:10

Yes!!!!

i was just checking my log, and i saw u were able to download the test file!

thats really kewl!

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 12:23:24

Enkil,

Thank you so much for all your help! I appreciate it!

I just have to see if I can do it on my other PC. It should be ok. How long does it take to download the big file? This depends on speed, though.

It shouldn't take that long to do.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 12:31:13

i really not know how long it will take

Smoke, i just saw u trying to download, the speed was at 60kb/s, the max i can upload, how much time did it say it will take?

i see u trying to download the source file, i forgot to rename the file to .txt, im going to do it now, sorry about it

u can refresh the page and download it

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 12:32:30

Never mind,

I just checked the file longevity for it to download. It takes about almost 2 hours.

It should be much faster on my other PC. I still have to check.

Once again, thx!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 12:34:06

Smoke,

maybe u can ask ure brother to let u just download the file, and then he can continu working on the computer

this way, when hes finish the file will be finished too

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 12:36:02

Oh yeah, I tried to download the source file, but it wasn't working after I downloaded it. It said that there was an invalid file. Well, as you say, it will be corrected.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 12:37:05

ok u can download that now

just refresh the page and download it

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 12:37:44

I'll see, he's actually playing Unreal Tournament on the PC and he's really addicted to it!

I'll go see if I can get him off and we'll resume from there.

Trav.
. 1 . 2 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019