Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› So.............Who's Going Tonight???????????
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 07:17:37

Hello,

Just want to know who's going to the Pyjama fireworks display tonight?

Anybody?

I know Paul's going and Enkil has a strong chance, and, well, me, I have a slim chance...........

Anyways, so if anyone goes, please don't hesitate to tell me how it went. Hehehe....I'm talking as if I'm not going!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 07:34:22

Smoke,

i could never confirm u if ill be going until at the minute (as usuall)

nothing has changed for here

i dont want to get my hopes high this morning, that im actually going there to see a final display from the same place, it would be too perfect
and i still cant believe that the day has come, and for me to fireworks in the sky, tonight? would be crazy

Smoke, is there anything u can do to go there? isnt there anyone who is willing to sent u there?

its going to really suck if one of us miss it

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 09:10:20

It truly would be! I hope you'll get to go, at least! If one of us sees it, then we could fill each other in on what happened. It's only 12 minutes, anyways, but everything counts!

I would've loved to see a final display for the summer!

To be honest, Enkil, no one is willing to go or even to take me there. I've tried the begging process, like you said, then the blackmail, and nothing worked. The only way I could get there is by driving there. If I had my licence earlier, then I would've gone!

My chances went from 10% to 0.000000000000001%!

It would be nice to see good old De Lorimier and Notre-Dame again!

This really sucks! The only thing I can do now is hope that you go at the last minute!

If by some miracle someone changes there mind at my house, then I'll just faint!

Let me know how things are going with you, before the last minute. I wouldn't rool out my chances just yet! The weather will be good, at least. Check out my weather report in our report topic. It's perfect tonight.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 15:19:21

Smoke, to keep u updated

chances r im going, im booting my chances up to 85%

this is becuz i just called my sister and told her to be here at 7 o'clock, i actually told her this 2 times to remind her, there no negatif respond there

damn i feel like im doing a report here with this, lol

im also getting the feeling that ill make it, i might go on the bridge if there ppl there, thats my plan as of now

how about u, any chances? time is closing in, hope theres still a chance!

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 15:31:33

No chance!

I'm all out of luck! 85% is a good chance for you! It looks like you're going! It all comes down to this.

Time is closing in!

BTW, even if I don't go, I'll watch your video that I downloaded last night. It's no big deal.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 15:34:03

ok Smoke

this will be my last post if im gone, i will post a review on this forum as soon as i come back

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 16:10:46

Sorry.......

It would've been great if I could've come, too.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 19:20:21

Smoke, stay here, i will post my review soon

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 19:50:15   Edited by: Smoke

Oh, ok.

How was it? Like the good old days?

Trav.

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 19:58:24

u can now check the review with all ure question answered

Posted: Feb 12, 2005 02:16:54

well i have a mix for anyone interested i just wish to find out if its usable, made sense to me as a theoretical pyrotechnique design,
Zirconium Nitrate, as zirconium burns at about 4,500 c Black phosphorus (red is way too scary) and charcole. This all could be initiated by a traditional corned powder mix...it'd give a i am sure a much bigger bang per buck

Posted: Feb 15, 2005 23:33:50

Phosphorous, in general, is not used in commercial fireworks. Zirconium metal powder is used in some special effects (such as "zirc hits" which are bullet hit simulators) but is not allowed in Canada as it is just too reactive. I doubt zirconium nitrate is much use as the metal is already reduced by being made into a nitrate. I doubt the zirconium would burn as it is already reacted in forming the nitrate. After all, potassium nitrate (used extensively in fireworks) does not form potassium metal in any of its pyrotechnica reactions.

As for bang-per-buck, zirconium is expensive and I doubt it would give much bang-for-buck, especially compared to straight black powder.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026