Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Happy New Year (2014)!!!!!!!!!
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 00:22:40   Edited by: Smoke

Wishing everyone on this forum a happy new year, and all of the very best for 2014! Please dress warmly should you decide to celebrate outdoors!

Here's also hoping to a terrific 2014 season for Montreal fireworks!

I am certain that many recall this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcJ-wNmazHQ

And a little something:

http://www.okwalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Happy-New-Year-2014- Fireworks-Display-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

Best wishes,

~Trav.~

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 11:16:21

Happy New Year Trav and to all the members of the forum

Vander

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 11:40:45

Thank you very much, Vander, and happy new year to you, too!

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 12:03:57

Happy New Year, everyone!

Thank you for the first link, Trav, which is an opportunity to remember one of the most intense moment of the Year 2013. I still watch that sequence pretty often and I continue to be amazed by this award-winning finale!

New Year = Fireworks around the world. Dubai has presumably produced the Guiness-record largest fireworks display with about 400,000 products launched from 400 positions. From the air, sequences are spectacular, but I suppose it was very difficult to fully appreciate the show from the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo1JwImshw8

Fred

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 12:50:14

Happy New Year to all members of the forum. We're only a few weeks away from knowing the lineup of the 30th edition of the fireworks competition.

In the meantime, check out this amazing show from Japan: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=477932452313195

Paul.

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 16:40:07

Here's a film of one my new year shows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ0flyEDp4E

Best Regards,
Vander

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 22:15:53

Thank you very much for your new year wishes, Fred and Paul! And it was no problem for the link, Fred, as I thought that it was rather fitting for the occasion - it is very well likely that I listened to that song over a hundred times since Italy's display on July 31st, 2013! Indeed, the Italian display of 2013 was definitely one of the most memorable that we have ever seen, and the conclusion was simply stunning.

Thank you also for providing that link to Dubai's spectacular and massive display, although, as you stated, it would be challenging to really enjoy the display in its entirety unless having a sufficient bird's eye view of it!

Paul, that was also an excellent display from Japan! Those shells were massive - they appear to be 24" and/or 48"! Thanks for sharing! We're also very much looking forward to finding out which competitors will be present for the 30th edition of Montreal fireworks (the suspense should help overcome January)!

Vander, thanks for sharing this wild display, as well! The show was very enjoyable, and I loved the musical selection to accompany it!

Trav.

Posted: Jan 10, 2014 21:46:30   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Paul,

May we expect the 2014 schedule to be released by the end (or midway) of February?

Also, I meant to point this out months ago, but for the "2013 Display Reviews" heading section of the forum, the year says "2012" instead of "2013" in the final part of the associated description, as shown here:

écrivez le votre critique des concours d'art pyrotechnique de Montréal "2012"

Just a minute detail!

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Jan 14, 2014 22:09:11

May we expect the 2014 schedule to be released by the end (or midway) of February?

Oof, the wait is killing me!

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 19:52:27

I'm being slow in replying to make the wait seem shorter!

I would guess we'll find out just after Valentine's Day - that has been the pattern in recent years.

I don't have any guesses as to the competitors this year either, nor if there's a special format for the 30th anniversary!

Paul.

Posted: Jan 16, 2014 23:13:26   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response! Also, did you happen to see the second sentence/part of my most recent posting above? It is not a big deal, anyway.

I don't have any guesses as to the competitors this year either, nor if there's a special format for the 30th anniversary!

Well, this will make the anticipation even more grand! I've been playing guessing games for the last few months (as I am sure many of us have), but it really is difficult to say as to what to expect, as always. The only thing that I suspect is another late-June start date.

Trav.

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 11:29:25

Ooops, I forgot to fix it - now it's done (and I have to update the copyright to 2014 too).

Paul.

Posted: Jan 17, 2014 12:41:40   Edited by: Smoke

Thanks, Paul. Just glancing at the top of the front page of the forum, you really can see and appreciate the collection of years (which is still building)!

EDIT: Oh yes, the Winner's List needs to be updated, too, but no rush, of course!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024