Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› 2016 Schedule?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 10, 2016 11:33:02

Any early word on the schedule for 2016? Still staggered Wednesdays and Saturdays?

Posted: Jan 12, 2016 22:58:00   Edited by: fredbastien

The 2016 is not available and this time.

Last year, the schedule and the line-up were released by La Ronde in late March, but a forum member managed to reveal the dates in early February.

I would say that Saturdays in July is a safe bet. Wednesdays are less predictable.

Fred

Posted: Jan 13, 2016 07:12:56

Found this on the Croisières AML site. I'm not sure how accurate this is. There appears to be a typo on the final date, which probably should be Saturday, July 30.

http://www.croisieresaml.com/en/plan-your-cruise/montreal/cruise-firew orks/detail/

2016 Calendar

Saturday, July 2, 2016 :
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 :
Saturday, July 9, 2016 :
Saturday, july 16, 2016 :
Wednesday, July 20, 2016 :
Saturday, July 23, 2016 :
Wednesday, July 27, 2016 :
Saturday, July 20, 2106 :

Posted: Jan 13, 2016 11:25:36

Ah, the presentation dates have been released!

Wow, another record being set for latest start date (I had a feeling that we would have another late-start)! Fred was also right in that we have eight performances, once again, this year. An all-July schedule, too (that might be a first), but it is the first time in five years, as I recall, where there are no early-August displays.

Trav.

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 16:39:14

And now official: https://www.sixflags.com/fr/larondefr/linternational-des-feux/accueil? _ga=1.137754613.453200013.1444063729

At least we get either displays. It will be interesting to see if we have six or seven competitors, depending whether we have an opening display or not.

Paul.

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 10:41:55

According to Mylène's blog, the 2016 line-up will be released tomorrow (Friday, March 18).

Fred

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 12:59:51

As soon as I get the information, I will post it here - but I suspect it will be already on the official site before I see it

Paul

Posted: Mar 17, 2016 18:44:12   Edited by: fireworksforum

I have the schedule in my hand, ready to post at 8am tomorrow

Click on this link at 8am EDT and all will be revealed: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/

Paul.

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 08:02:57

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 08:47:00   Edited by: fredbastien

That is an interesting line-up, while a total of six contestants for three prizes isn't a great ratio. The event financial situation is similar to the one in 2015, I guess, as we have a similar pattern: 4 out of 8 are North American shows, and the opening one also involves the Royal 22e Régiment for the soundtrack. (While the descriptive of the opening show indicates that it is inspired by heroes from movies, video games, and so on, the title once again evokes a tribute to the Canadian Army, and I wonder what is the actual agreement between both organizations.) I don't believe it is the best case scenario, but it is not the worst one. I imagine that the organizers have to be pragmatic and creative to make the most with the current financial resources.

Beyond these issues, we have a great balance of recruits and well-known competitors. Apogée and Big Bang Fireworks (!) will make their debut displays, as well as the first "Chilean" entrant in the competition history. (I would like to get more information about this Chilean contestant: is it a division of the Spanish Pirotecnia Igual?)

I am looking forward to attend the show of some returning contestants, especially the Swiss and Swedish ones. While Sugyp didn't win in 2012, it is still a show that many people talk about for great reasons. I wonder which surprise Sugyp has in store for its 2nd show in Montreal! The title "E-motions" may have two meanings, one being a subtle reference to their 2012 theme! Furthermore, I believe that Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik may arguably be the most anticipated display of the 2016 season. It benefits of a prime time position. Will the Swedish team win the Gold Jupiter this time?

For a second year in a row, we will have a non-Panzera closing display, produced by Melrose. The tribute to Elton John has been rumoured a couple of years ago, it is certainly a good choice.

Fred

P.S.: There's a minor inaccuracy on La Ronde's website regarding the descriptive of the Spanish entrant: Ricasa (Pirotecnia Ricardo Caballer) won the Bronze Jupiter in 1998, but not in 2005 as BEM Feux d'artifice finished third.

Posted: Mar 18, 2016 09:19:50   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

I cant wait to see what Ricasa has prepared for the competition! Their show in 2005 was way ahead of its time in terms of the ground effects, they must come back with a soundtrack thats more enjoyable for everyone.

Gff would also be very interesting, hope they do some pop songs which is what they are known for from their stadium shows

Other interesting companies for me are Sugyp and Apogee. I've been waiting for the time Apogee makes a show for Montreal. Hope it will be a good opening show.

Best Regards,
Vander

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 21:07:25

I am quite happy to see Apogee, Goteborks and Ricasa in the schedule. Cant waint to see the shows.

Not very sure about the american company, if i am not wrong they did a mediocre show some years ago, right?

I cant find any info abou the SPA fireworks from Chile, it wouldnt be a surprise if its an Igual southamerican sub-brand or something. Igual is one of the biggest in the business of fireworks exportations and their business in south america are doin really well in the last years. It could be possible they dont want to compete with the main brand name but want to set up a display representing Chile.

Posted: Mar 19, 2016 21:09:24

Ps: right now i am on the train to Barcelona coming from Valencia, i saw a very loud mascleta by Europla today, the last one Pyro freak mode on.

Posted: May 21, 2016 19:29:35

Interesting schedule for 2016. I thought that perhaps Australia would make an appearance this year, but I am particularly looking forward to Sweden, Canada and Spain!

Here's hoping for ideal weather conditions for all entrants (presentation days and for setup!)

Trav.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 15:57:38   Edited by: fredbastien

Full soundtrack for each show is now available on the official website.

Fred

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 14:17:51

Wow. That is earlier than usual. Nice catch.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023