Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Cable Car (Sky Ride) Removed!
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 17, 2004 17:27:29   Edited by: Enkil

Six Flags removed the cable car

photographers will sure be grateful now

maybe they will install a new one to fix it?

or else, La Ronde will be loosing its classic ride from Expo 67

Posted: Nov 17, 2004 20:02:15

I had thought that they were going to fix it, but that it would be expensive to repair. Perhaps it's easier to take it down completely and start over. You're right though, photographs and videos will be much better without those wires crossing in front of the image!

Paul.

Posted: Nov 18, 2004 12:15:34

Hey guys,

I also thought that they would fix it...........Oh well.

To tell you the truth, I kinda miss it because it brought back so many memories when I was a kid. Anyways, it will probably be easier if they started over again, as Paul said.

It will definitely be weird seeing La Ronde without that. When I'm at De Lorimier and Notre-Dame watching La Ronde, I will really know the difference!

As for the photos, in my opinion, I don't really mind seeing those cables integrated to the shots. Maybe because 'm so used to it, but then again, it would benefit the shots so you'll get more detail in the photos.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 19:10:59

i just want to say that they only removed the cable, i know becuz i saw La Ronde on TV and the "potaux" were still there

u can see La Ronde every morning, on Canada AM, they show the Jacque Cartier bridge

anyways, forgot to say, i got this info from xtremelaronde
[url=]http://www.martin-vleminckx.com/mv_en/work_in_progress.htm[/url]

Posted: Nov 20, 2004 09:29:15

Oh really?

I thought the entire thing came down. I hope they reconstruct it soon. La Ronde would look kinda weird without those cables at the top.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 20, 2004 09:31:03

It seems that Six Flags is busy with a lot of the amusements parks across North America!

Trav.

Posted: Nov 29, 2004 13:45:18

Smoke,

today, i went to a "sortie" with the school, we passed from Notre Dame street!!!!!!! actually we passed 2 times!!!

u know, every time i go to that site, i always get this strange feeling..

anyways, i can confirm that the cable isnt taken down.. all of Téléphrique is intract

i don't know what that website is talking about

Posted: Nov 29, 2004 17:31:43

Really?

If it's still there, then what are the people on that web site talking about, as you say. Unless.......Maybe they are going to do it, but later on. Maybe thee just mentioning that they're going to do it, but not now.

As for Notre Dame, that's good to hear! I'm sure you would get that feeling of the good old summer days of the Mondial SAQ. How is Notre-Dame and De Lorimier now? I really miss that parking lot and the whole site of La Ronde and the bridge.

Now that you mention that, I also remember all the coincidences and close calls that you and I had. Remember that time when we were almost there to see Weco? We were both 5 minutes from the city. I was coming from Ottawa and you were coming from the U.S or something, but then we knew we couldn't get there!

Thanks for bringing that up. It really warms me up.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Nov 29, 2004 18:41:10

yes!

We passed so fast from the site, i wasn't able to see everything

i remember seeing a few protesters protesting for something with banners, on Notre Dame

and then La Ronde, always pretty, have i ever mention how beautiful our amusement park is? it's small, but very beautiful, i dont think i will ever stop mentioning it

Posted: Nov 30, 2004 16:21:02

Protestors on Notre-Dame? Must be for something.

Anyways, yes, we have a lovely park and I can't stop admiring it every time I'm watching the fireworks every year. Now that you talk about so much, I feel like going next year.

We should make plans to go see a display there next year.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 1, 2004 08:57:54

The SAQ headquarters are on Notre Dame and their workers are on-strike. That was probably what you saw. I also saw that the Ferris wheel (grande roue) has had all of its seats removed.

Posted: Dec 1, 2004 14:03:01

Ok, so that's what it was about.

As for the seats being removed, it must be like that all over La Ronde. I've never actually seen La Ronde at this time of the year. I can imagine what it looks like now.......

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021