Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› The Ultimate MondialSAQ 2004 Video Download
. 1 . 2 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 16:25:09   Edited by: Enkil

The Ultimate MondialSAQ 2004 Video is now avaible for free download.

But there's a limit. Only 25 people can download, including a certain bandwidth cap (which I don't know how much)

The link can only last 7 days.

The ones who to come in first, are the ones who will be served

Heres the link of the 47min video:
[url=http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=62ED0459B8C6E447F63D8EFE1AB95A1 F
]http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=62ED0459B8C6E447F63D8EFE1AB95A1F
[/url]

Remember, I hold no power, so I can't assure you if it will work. In any case, I will upload another time, if needed.

The Mondialsaq.com videos are not included because of illegal issues.

Here's the full credits and chronology:

1. jns1 - 4 (from the German board)
2. sunny1 - 3 incl. final (from the German the board)
3. ruggieri1 - 3 incl. final (from the German board)
4. weco1 - 3 incl. final (from the German board)
5. holland1 - 2 (from Paul, sent by Alain guy)
6. Francia (from Kaplin)
7. Alemania (from Kaplin)
8. china2004segment (from Paul)
9. caballer.bsr (from badnitrus)
10. caballer_1_sinatra, caballer_2_tango, Caballer_3_fauxfinale, caballer_4_finale (from Lars)
11. laronde120604 (from Salutes lover)
12. espagne190604 (from Salutes lover)
13. japon260604 (from Salutes lover)
14. espagne100704 (from Salutes lover)
15. china170704 (from Salutes lover)
16. allemagne240704 (from Salutes lover)
17. laronde280704 (from Salutes lover)

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 16:28:53   Edited by: Admin

Well, I'm really sorry about it link, here:
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=62ED0459B8C6E447F63D8EFE1AB95A1F

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 16:43:31

I've downloaded a copy which I will put up on one of my "spare" servers when I get a chance so that you won't be bandwidth limited. Though it is pretty large! I also fixed the link for you.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 16:53:28

ok thx Paul

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 16:59:41

damn, i knew i forgot something...

i forgot to remove the 2 final sec of video

the shows "the banner" clip from mondialsaq.com's videos

this is becuz in my orginal video it starts with the mondialsaq.com clips

i hope it ok...

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 18:40:25   Edited by: Smoke

Hello guys,

This isn't much of a surprise to me since Enkil was kind enough to let me first experience the big clip back in early September.

Enkil, I'm glad that you've decided to share it with the members of this forum.

I'm sure you'll all enjoy it. I shouldn't say that it's a clip, but it really is a short movie of our great authentic fireworks competition this year.

Also, since I've seen it, are planning on making any further modifications, although I do think that it's pointless now.

BTW, I knew you would consider this someday since I've downloaded the clip.

Trav.

Posted: Nov 19, 2004 19:01:55   Edited by: Enkil

i got the idea after i saw bunch of people posting video clips using this service (http://yousendit.com) on a forum

all i needed was a server that would allow me to upload 100s of mb

its really a great site

Posted: Nov 20, 2004 09:25:00

It is. I actually watched your entire video that I downloaded in September. Still makes me feel that I'm there!

Just to note, we've been getting quite a warm fall............I just jinxed it!

Trav.

Posted: Nov 22, 2004 06:57:04

Hi guys...

You must have put some work into this file?

I thinkt it's really funky to see it from the other side of the river - the large shells seems even bigger from that angle... Spunky!

Thanks alot...

Lars

Posted: Nov 22, 2004 14:34:06   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, indeed, Lars.

Enkil really put a lot of time and effort into this movie. I remember all the modifications and pessimism that he had prior to the development of the movie. I just watched it again and I just feel like I'm back there on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame again!

Like I said before, I was very fortunate to see it since September, when Enkil allowed me to see it. Then I redownloaded again after new clips were added. It took quite a while at 60kb/sec, but it was worth the long wait. It is a big dile after all.

As for the view, yes, we do get quite a bit of angle perspectives from the bridge, La Ronde and where I stand. That's cool.

Lars, did you see Caballer's ending from the bridge? That was amazing and lengthy! I still remember it when I was there live!

Once again, good job, Enkil.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Nov 23, 2004 08:44:59

Hi Trav

The shows i have seen has all been from LaRonde - but if you could get the same precision it could be fun to see it from the other side

And yes, Cab had a large finale, unfortunately i didn't care for the music though, but no doubt it was the largest amount fired in 3 minutes i have seen in a live show...

And another thing: If you ever get Ipons finale i'd really like a copy - but I'm pretty confident you'll let us know if it happens

Greetings,
Lars

Posted: Nov 23, 2004 14:12:41

Hello, Lars,

I wanted to point out the choice of music used in the finale. I didn't care for it either because it didn't seem like a typical finale song, nor was it a typical Spanish speed soundtrack. All in all, though, you're right. It was probably one of the shows that had so much material fired in the last 3 minutes. It was truly incredible, and to think that not everything was fired during the display!

As for IPON's finale...................well..............I've also been waiting for it for quite some time, but no one has actually recorded it.

I think Pierre was planning to, but he had missed that one, unfortunately. However, I can't really complain because I, and most of us had the opportunity to see it live!

Anyways, I'll catch you later, Lars. I've got to practice saying my presentation on storm chasers for tomorrow! I hate them so much because I get so nervous. Ahhhhhhhhh, the things you gotta go through before the next competition!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Nov 23, 2004 19:57:33

Smoke,

sorry for late respond

i just want to return to what you said..

"Just to note, we've been getting quite a warm fall............I just jinxed it!"

you know u can check this page http://www.almanac.com/weather/can.region2.php

for December the Average Temperature is -6°C

we've been getting very "steady" temperatures, lately, like last year but u know what happened like year? in January we were freezing to death, that i think it will happen again late December, when we're in vacation!

anyways, u should the report on that site

Posted: Nov 24, 2004 16:43:01   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

Thanks for the link. I was reading the prediction briefing and I have to say that I'm a little pessimistic about the analysis. Although, I'm not so sure about there prediction for next summer, as much as I'm hoping that it's true. The scenario that they're proposing is similar to that of 2001. Very hot temperatures with little precipitation, hence all the water restrictions at that time. However, I do agree with their analysis of this winter. I'm assuming, as you say, that it will get bitter cold once again in January and end of December, although last year's February was absurdly warm and of course, I do remember January very well but, I alos feel that the winter could be mild, if the trend keeps up. And yes, the average temperature for December is around -5 to -6 degrees.

Presently, I wouldn't really say that the temperatures are "steady," but rather well above the norm. But you're right about some days, where temps were hovering around where it should be at this time of the year. In essence, we've been getting quite a lovely fall. BTW, I've checked with some forecasts and it looks like we might get rain or snow for tomorrow, despite all the rain we had today.

To conclude, my presentation was a real success and I proposed a strong argument regarding initial weather interpretations. My presentation lasted around 12 minutes and I gave all the details possible. I should do fairly well.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 4, 2004 04:11:20

Smoke and Enkil!

Could i ask you to send me your postal adresses to lars@revisortrainee.dk - I have something for you

Regards,
Lars

Posted: Dec 4, 2004 08:33:11

Lars,

Is it a surprise or something? Do you mean our postal codes and stuff like that?

Trav.

Posted: Dec 4, 2004 15:27:51   Edited by: Lars

Trust me - you won't be disappointed

Posted: Dec 4, 2004 19:34:07

Ok Lars, i've send mine..

i'm dying to know what it is

Posted: Dec 5, 2004 08:57:57

Lars,

I've also sent mine just moments ago. Sorry for the late response. Let me know if you received it. This "surprise" that you proposed seems very exciting! I'm starting to think that it's a video or something about this year's competition, or maybe it's IPON's finale that everyone has been waiting so long to see.......Anyways, regardless what it is, I'm also dying to know what it is!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 08:00:40

You'll see

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 11:56:39

Can't wait!

Trav.

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 13:54:02

How much time does it take to deliver a letter from Europe to North Amercia? Does it take one week? i think when we recieve stuffs from my relatives in Europe it takes one week, no?

I have a strong feeling that i know what it is

what about u Smoke?

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 14:40:42

Enkil,

Me too! But, I don't want to say anything....

Do you think it's what I think it is?

Trav.

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 17:28:04   Edited by: Enkil

Well Smoke, I'm not sure if this time u can read my mind

cause it's a crazy one

if you want i can email it to u, if Lars allows me to

Posted: Dec 7, 2004 10:59:45   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

That would be fine, but get his permission first. A real Christmas present, in my opinion!

Anyways, I wanted to let you know that my presentation that I did a couple of weeks ago was a real success! The presentation on weather! I got the second highest mark in the class, at 95%! Particularly because it was so original and very comprehensive. She also told me that it was interesting to listen to, especially when I showed those lightning pics! My essay was also well done because I was so passionate when writing and demonstrating my understanding of the weather.

As for my other presentation, regarding air pollution, it was also a success. I was really happy to hear that, and I just wanted to let you know! I did have a strong argument and thesis, so it led me in the right direction. I'm also pleased with your presentation results! It looks like we're both good speakers!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jan 6, 2005 15:43:18

Does anyone want me to post this video again?

Posted: Jan 6, 2005 18:42:40

Has everyone had the opportunity to see it?

Don't worry, I had the latest copy way back in September, remember? I guess for anyone else.

Trav.

Posted: Jan 6, 2005 19:31:32

Smoke, I've sent you the latest one today.

This one includes the China clip and a little modification.

Posted: Jan 9, 2005 10:18:01

Enkil,

Sorry for the late reply. Have you sent me an e-mail?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jan 9, 2005 10:23:15

Yes
. 1 . 2 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026