Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Firecracker Question
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 9, 2004 15:49:24

Im from denmark and im spending Christmas and New year in Vancouver i know this forum is montreal releated but i was just wandering if i could get some firecrackers there, you're welcome to answer me at my email: herloev67@web.de

Thank's in advantage

Posted: Dec 10, 2004 08:07:26

Det var da lige godt grouw at møde andre danske krudt-entusiaster her på siden! Er du tilknyttet noget firma herhjemme?

Men godt at komme med lidt danske indputs hertil, helt sikkert...

Mvh. Lars
(Aalborg)

Posted: Dec 11, 2004 01:52:45

Husk snak engelsk så de andre på forummet ved hvad vi snakker om!

Nej jeg er ikke tilknyttet noget bare glad for kanonslag og kunne godt tænke mig nogen når jeg skal til Canada hertil jul og nytår for jeg regner ikke med at kunne få nogen med i flyveren.

Nu ved jeg jo ikke hvad du leger med, men har du nemt ved at få kanonslag herhjemme?

Den fabrik i danmark var 20 ikke 300 tons krudt i to containere.

Posted: Dec 14, 2004 23:15:14

Hehe... Grineren nok at der ligefrem sidder 2 andre danskere herinde

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 00:38:22

Ja, det er faktisk god humor...

HERLOEV67:
Jeg er selv festfyrværker og afskyr kanonslag - siden nogle kastede dem efter mig som lille har jeg altid holdt mig væk. og desuden giver de bare ondt i ørene... Så ærlig talt synes jeg ikke det er fedt... Jeg vil hellere have nogle specielle effekter og flotte farver

HELLMAN:
Enig - det er god humor! Hvad er din baggrund - bare af nysgerrighed

Og siden de andre kan skrive på fransk kan vi også udveksle på dansk, tænkte jeg...

Bedste hilsner - og god tur til Canada, Herloev!

Lars

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 08:09:22   Edited by: Smoke

Oh.........................I can't understand a word! I can only probably make out 1 or 2 of them!

What language is this?

Trav.

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 08:15:37

I suppose danish (the language) is what french (also the language) is to me

Lars

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 08:30:20

Danish, huh? I never would've guest!

Lars, is this language your mother tongue?

Trav.

Posted: Dec 17, 2004 14:08:04

Trav,

Yes it is, since i have always lived in Denmark - actually i'm pretty good at it

It's pretty different from english and french (!) but in some ways i feel we miss something, because I sometime know an english term i don't have a danish word for - interesting...

Are your native tounge french or english? (a little off-topic question, i know)

Lars

Posted: Dec 18, 2004 14:14:41   Edited by: Smoke

Lars,

Perhaps this forum should be dedicated to languages!

Anyways, to simply answer your question, my mother tongue, or native tongue, is English, and yes, I do speak French, well, only when I have to.

As you say, this is a little off topic, but how is it in Denmark? Just curious.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 18, 2004 15:57:56   Edited by: Lars

Trav,

We're a small country (5 million people) and it is a very flat country (the highest point in Denmark is a bridge). We have cost-line all across it, people are mostly quiet, the weather is boring: summer in july, winter in january and go-get-a-cold-weather the rest of the year

Gas is 2,5 times canadian prices, we have 180% tax on automobiles (plus 25% VAT) and furthermore the worlds highest taxes on personal income.

However, it's still a cosy and very safe place to life - but i still plan to go abroad for some years sometime

In regards to pyro: It is *certainly* (!) not the place to go to if you plan on living from it - take my word for it! (Especially after the accident we had a month ago at the consumer-fireworks warehouse)

Lars

Posted: Dec 19, 2004 12:40:52

Lars,

Wow, it's different over there, I mean weather and tax wise!

Gas is 2,5 times canadian prices, we have 180% tax on automobiles (plus 25% VAT) and furthermore the worlds highest taxes on personal income.

I really don't think that I can live with that! Jeeze, I thought Quebec taxes were high! Gas prices have somewhat improved today at $0.83 a litre. It's pretty good compared to what we've been experiencing in the past few months!

Anyways, as you say, I'm sure that it's a cosy place to live, but I still love the warm weather here from May through September.

As for that explosion at that fireworks warehouse, yes, I remember that. We talked about it quite a bit. I thought that was terrible. Just goes to show that fireworks maybe beautiful to watch and admire, but they can be deadly and lethal, as well.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 20, 2004 13:08:20

No earthquakes, no tornados, no terror threats and no Firecrackers! The worst part of DK is the cars fx. The Bmw m5 cost 1.7 mil dkr in Denmark and in Germany its 600k dkr really bad!
your dollar is 4.5 dkr so $0.83 a litre i really cheap but England is worse its $2.5.
Were there anyone who knew where i could get firecrackers in vancouver im leaving tomorrow

Posted: Dec 20, 2004 18:17:05

herloev67,

That's pretty crazy! When the price of gas rose to over $1.00 a few months ago, everyone went nuts. Were just not used to it being that high. Even $0.83 is pretty costly and that's just regular! I really can't imagine $2.50 per litre. Price of oil has significantly gone up in the past year.

As for firecrackers in Vancouver, I really don't know, but I'm sure there are places where you can find them there.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 21, 2004 03:57:59

So you're suggesting that i just have too look around?

Posted: Dec 21, 2004 05:58:51

You will be wasting your time if you do as firecrackers are not legal for sale to consumers in Canada. They are only allowed to be sold to licenced professionals for specific purposes such as religious celebrations.

If you want to make a bang, there are plenty of consumer fireworks available which do this. If you're going to BC, try and find a Mystical Distributing outlet - I'm sure they will be able to get you what you want (except firecrackers).

Paul.

Posted: Dec 21, 2004 10:02:24   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

Are firecrakers legal to consumers in the U.S? Another question. Do you often hear those firecracker-like sounds that sometimes come from people on the bridge? I always hear them on De Lorimier. Are those firecrackers or some quick little explosion? They sure sound like firecrakers. I don't know if you've heard them because you're at a relatively good distance from the bridge.

herloev67, sorry about that. I forgot that they're illegal to be sold to consumers in Canada, unless, as Paul said, under different specific circumtances.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 23, 2004 21:31:06

I'm here now. What is that mystical distributing outlet?
I live near the coquitlam centre if that means anything to you.
Do they in canada sell those kind, Lars knows heksehyl in canada its like small cylinder package and weee sound?

Posted: Dec 24, 2004 07:46:10

Mystical have an outlet in Abbotsford (see their website at http://mysticaldistributing.com) and I'm sure there are many places in BC that sell consumer fireworks. I think there are several kinds of whistling fireworks available.

As for Trav's question about firecrackers in the US, they are legal in some states, but not others. The ones you here on De Lorimier are probably illegally brought in from the US.

Paul.

Posted: Dec 24, 2004 10:47:17

Paul,

Yeah, it has got to be. They can get annoying, though, because people sometimes use them during the displays and it can be very distracting.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Feb 22, 2005 07:57:11

i want to know about definition for pyrotechnics

Posted: Feb 22, 2005 13:48:56

The definition of what, firecrackers? In the United States, firecrackers for consumer use are restricted to containing 50mg of composition. Different places have different rules. Can you be more specific?

Paul.

Posted: Feb 23, 2005 07:15:27

Perhaps he would like to know the definition of pyrotechnics in its general terms.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020