Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Any predictions for the 2021 season?
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 15:04:18   Edited by: Smoke

As the global pandemic continues, it seems increasingly possible that Summer 2021 activities could be negatively impacted as they were this year, including the fireworks competition.

That said, we could perhaps make predictions (or speculations) here about the competition's status over time, and/or any competitors and schedule structure that we would have liked to see for the 36th edition. Any rumors are welcome, too.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 23:16:48

Although I have not been to La Ronde this year, I did see that the ramps were never even put in the water.

My prediction for next year? I can barely predict next week. So I think I'll need to hold off for now. Hope everyone is doing well!

Posted: Nov 29, 2020 10:30:49

The dates planned for the 2020 competition were released by La Ronde one year ago (Nov. 28, 2019):

http://montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=4&t opic=3363

I don't expect La Ronde to release new information (either the dates for 2021 or any update regarding the status of the competition) any time soon.

Fred

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 13:48:18

The way things are going with the pandemic right now, I reckon 2021 will not see any fireworks competition. The competitors would need to know already that they have been selected - but they can't yet know if they can even come here without quarantine. Since the lead time to get all the shipments in place is long, it's unlikely that it can happen at all. Also most fireworks companies who are likely competitors have had most of their revenue source stopped due to the pandemic's restrictions. That would put many off from the expense of putting on a competition display I would think.

We may get some fireworks next year, but I don't think we'll see a "normal" competition until 2022 at the earliest ...

Paul

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012