Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Marie-Victorin park
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 00:55:05   Edited by: Ghabs76

Hi Guys, it's been a few years that im reading the forum without having conversation, but you are all guys very interesting.

When i was younger, i was going to see the fireworks at La Ronde, but now, for financial and time reason (im going to see the fireworks with my car), im going to see the firework at Longueuil, at the Marie-Victorin Park, since 2018 season.

But since 2019 season, i think the Ville de Longueuil made some change across ii. We must now pass through a cycle path, then a mound with a hole to access the field. There are no more chemical toilets.

I had to leave during the final to be sure not to be caught in the exit traffic, now that's the only access. The old access seems blocked by 2 large concrete blocks. It's dangerous to get out of there, because it's easy to lose control of the vehicle and we go directly to the bike path, where pedestrians venture there.

I'm in shock at this outing and I wonder where I can go to admire the fireworks, with a beautiful view and the possibility of listening to the music, and above all return home relatively quickly, to Laval.

I intend to communicate with the city of Longueuil tomorrow, but I strongly doubt that changes will be made to the land.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 19:47:36

Makes no sense to watch it from Longueuil if you're from Laval... The best spot outside of La Ronde is on Notre Dame next to the bridge in front of river / La Ronde. From there, you can take the Papineau station to go to Laval . You can park your car at one of Laval's metro stations if you can find a spot, or better yet, drive to Henri station and park there. It's quick and easy. You'll have to tune in to 105.7 FM to listen the music.

If you want to go by car, I think there is paid parking nearby on De Lorimier street. La Ronde is undoubtedly the best spot, but due to the pandemic, this year's season pass cost and restrictions have gotten out of the control and unaffordable.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021