Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Video: USA's display of 1995 (including final
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 17:07:58

USA's display of 1995 (Atlas Pyrovision Productions), filmed from the bridge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLHV-SU-JCw

Here's the finale (it must have been one of the largest finales of the 90s):
https://youtu.be/fLHV-SU-JCw?t=1645

Paul's comments about the finale:

Most of the show was nothing out of the ordinary, which lead a friend of mine who was watching to complain that it seemed a little slow. “Wait until the finale” was my foresightful comment.

I have never seen such an amazing finale. It must have lasted a full five minutes. All hell was breaking loose in the air with more shells exploding than could be thought possible. Many of these shells contained very large numbers of reports and salutes and some particularly large titanium salutes. The noise was fearsome. Just when it seemed that as many simultaneous explosions were occurring as possible, the pace increased. By the end of the display, I was left shaking and the audience response was incredible.

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 19:56:47

Thank you for sharing this footage! It is very interesting!

Beyond the finale, I love to watch the beginning with atmospheric view of what was happening on the bridge and across the park. We clearly see the old press gallery (00:39), the former lighting package on the Grande Roue (with the shape of Terre des Hommes), the Téléphérique, and so on.

The shape of the 2nd ramp is also noteworthy. I didn't remember that it used to have a curved shape along the “south“ side of the lake.

Fred

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 21:29:32

Wow, what a great memory! 1995 was the last year I watched from Notre-Dame, except for the closing show where I had bought my first ticket to be at La Ronde.

Those were the golden days indeed!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 30, 2023 10:22:33   Edited by: Smoke

Thank you so much for sharing this, Enkil! Wow, I never thought I'd see a video of this spectacular display and finale again. I remember that day well - people were visibly shaken during and following that finale, and some lost their voices from excessive screaming! What a finish! It was really jam-packed on Notre-Dame Street, too - in many cases, one had difficulty navigating through the sea of people often present in those years when the weather was good! It is also difficult to believe that a year like 1995 is already 28 years ago.

And yes, the 1990s are forever the golden years of this competition for me, as well!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025