Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Smoke>>>>>>>>
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 10:33:16   Edited by: Enkil

I have a question about the De lorimier/Notre Dame area.

I'll be using the metro this Saturday. But I'm not going on Jean Drapeau like I used too, before. I think I prefer watching it on Notre Dame street.

But the problem is I've never been there with the metro.

Have you ever seen a metro station near the bridge? I think I have (I'm sure), but I remember there was a metro station. I'm guessing it's the Papineau station? It's the nearest metro that I see on the map.

I've been to Papineau in past when I used to go to La Ronde. I think I remember seeing the bridge from there. Is it far from Notre Dame street.

I know it sounds obvious, but I just have to make sure.

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 10:39:09

Enkil,

I'm pretty confident that there's a Metro station near the bridge. In fact, I think it's not too far from where I park, on De Lorimier, and thus not far from Notre-Dame. I'm fairly certain that you can see the bridge right in front of you where the Metro station is there. I just forgot the street. I'll look it up for you. It's either Rene Levesque or St.Catherines.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 10:47:51

Oh yeah good idea.
http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/metro/images/c28.gif
I just check on the site. It's on St Catherine street. That's the one! The bridge is right there. I'll just follow it and then I'll end up De Lorimier. I believe there's a also a Metro marché on that street.

At what time do they close the streets again?

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 10:54:35

Yeah, I knew it. I was sure that I saw one around the bridge area. That's actually walking distance from where I am.

As for street closures, they all close at 8:00 P.M, but usually, they give a little more time for late comers, well, most of the time.

Oh yes, Enkil, I still haven't gotten that email yet. Send it to travis2@videotron.ca. I hope it works.

Trav.

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 12:05:58

I've sent an email. Did you get it?

Posted: Jun 17, 2005 14:03:39

No, I don't think so. This is with your screen name, right? Try it once more. If it doesn't work this time, if you'd like, you can tell me right here.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 27, 2005 22:00:18

Sorry Smoke, I keep forgetting.

You should seriously take a look at your email account 'cause it sure isn't working. I've sent you an email a hundred times and you still didn't recieve any. You can test yourself by sending an email to your Videotron address.

Anyways, I added you long time ago on aim. But you never came online. Normally, it should work.

But the real issue here is that I have installed aim, but I don't use it at all. I'm always on MSN.

Maybe it's best if we chat here. You still have my email address in case someday montreal-fireworks disappears. But get your email account fixed.

Posted: Jun 28, 2005 05:53:06

Enkil,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I know you've been trying to send the emails hundreds of times, but I've also been checking frantically, but couldn't get it.

I've done some testing before with my account and it was functionning well, and others who've attempted to reach me were successful. Unless, are you putting in the right address? Maybe there was a character error in the address when you typed it in.

In any case, I'll tell you what. Let me know when you're signed on in AIM and you can contact me when you do so.

Just to note, I won't be here at 1:00-4:00 P.M. I've got an appointment at Concordia University. Just to be safe, We could try later this afternoon or evening, if it's good for you. We'll also try the email dilemma at that time, as well.

And don't worry, I love chating here, too.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 28, 2005 09:34:01

I'll be here until 7pm tonight

Posted: Jun 28, 2005 13:30:07

Enkil,

I'm on AIM. I just got back from downtown. Everything went well.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020