Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Pijama Party Fireworks 2005 ?
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 1, 2005 19:58:04

Hi Guys,

Please excuse my ingnorance about that, but I was wondering if the Pijama Firework display will take place this summer. If so, here are my questions about it. (I have never attend to it)

1) What's the date for 2005
2) Does it worth the trip ?
3) Many of you shaw the shows in the past, what should I expect from that show ?
4) Who script the show?
5) Who choose the music ?
6) What's the budget (Do they use only unnexploded products from this summer's contestants ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Studata Girl

Posted: Aug 1, 2005 20:27:45   Edited by: Enkil

Hello Studata Girl! Thanks for registering

I've attended the show once, so I'll try to answer you with what I know and let others add more info.

1) September 5
2) If you live in Montreal, yes!
3) You'll expect the same quality material as the 10 displays we saw this year, that is the best fireworks in the world
4) I guess that's La Ronde
5) La Ronde? I don't know if there will be music this year. I think, there was, but you'll only be able to hear it from La Ronde
6) They use the unnexploded products from this summer's contestants. I don't know if they only use those, though.

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 06:45:06

Studata,

To add to Enkil's answer, you should note that quality of the material is high since it's the unexploded products from the official competition, but you have to expect less quantity. It's a smaller show and only 15 minutes approximately.

It's surprising to see on La Ronde's website that this event will happen Monday September 5, since it usually occures Sunday night...

Fred

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 09:08:42

Studata Girl,

As Enkil said, thanks for becoming a member. It also appears that you got the information that you require from both Enkil and Fred, but I just want to add that street closures may be different that night. I do not think that it will be the exact times.

I'll have more info on this when I get it.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 09:25:45

Oh yes. I believe that traffic does not stop and therefore nothing is closed conisdering that this is barely a 15 minute display. This was the case last year, but who knows, things may very well change this year.

Hope this helps.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 12:22:07

Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the answers. As I live about 1hr from Montreal, I will try to get a ticket to go see that show.
I have a big pyromusical show to do on September 3rd but I should be back in the area by Sunday night.

Bye!
Studata

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 12:26:54

I look foward to hearing from you again, Studata!

Good luck on your pyromusical show!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 17:19:20

Studata,

I'd like to know, where will you be doing your pyromusical show? At what time? How long is it?

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 19:26:05

Hi Enkil,

The pyromusical show I will be working on is in the area of Gatineau (Outaouais), 3 hours away from Monteal, I did not script the show but I know it's about 17 minutes long and goes on around 22hrs 22h30. It's a show with max 8'' shells as the Park is not big enough to allow 10 or 12''. We use Pyrodigital for firing. The show is usually very good and we have been doing it for many years now.

It's weird, I spoke to Paul Ckukassy yesterday asking him about the Pijama Party & Firework and he told me it was on the Sunday night. I guess he made a mistake with the day, it would surprise me very much if he did not knew about the monday date for this year.

Bye
Studata Girl

Posted: Aug 3, 2005 08:18:08

According to the laronde.com website, the Pyjama Day fireworks are on Monday September 5th. This is also Labour Day so perhaps that's why it's on a Monday rather than a Sunday. I've been before when it was on the last Sunday in August so perhaps they're trying to take advantage of the Labour Day holiday this year.

Aficianados who have attended all the competition displays can usually work out which of the fireworks in the Pyjama Day show came from which company during the competition - especially when there were technical problems. 2003 was an excellent Pyjama Day because of all the large shells left over from Hop Kee's finale. This year, there were very few technical problems as far as I could tell ... though it is encouraging to note that there will some large salutes and multibreaks from the Swedish display!

I'm pretty sure I will be there this year.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 3, 2005 10:16:42

La Ronde has presented a firework show each year since 1999, always the eve of the Labour Day, that is, Sunday night. Since 2001, it is a pyromusical show and it is a part of a thematic "pyjama" day. For instance, people who wear a pyjama when they go through the gates save 50% on ride admission.

It does not really make sense to do this display Monday night since it is a familial activity and everyone must go to work or school the morning after. So, I believe that what Studata reported about Paul Csukassy's statement is right: I am pretty sure that the show will be Sunday, September 4. I guess that the date which appears on La Ronde's website is a mistake. We should have more info about that later this month, as their website is going to be updated.

Fred

Posted: Aug 8, 2005 11:29:04   Edited by: Smoke

For our sake, I'm hoping it's on the 4th, because I go back to school on the 6th and it would feel pretty weird having a show the day before school.

Other than that, I'm not so sure that I will attend.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 11, 2005 18:23:10

Just to let you know, the webmaster of laronde.com changed the date to "September 4", but he forgot to change the one in the paragraph. Same for the English/French version. Making it confusing for strangers. lol

Posted: Aug 12, 2005 09:47:13

Enkil,

That's great news! Who knows, maybe I'll show up there this year, but it will feel kind of weird! Remember what happened last year? All that fuss?

Trav.

Posted: Aug 30, 2005 10:47:39

"Le Feu des pyjamas" is scheduled for next Sunday, 9 pm. I should be in the Silver section (zone 3). Anyone plan to be there?

Fred

Posted: Aug 30, 2005 11:04:30   Edited by: Smoke

Hey Fred,

Wow, finally, a post in 3 days!

Anyways, I'm not so sure if I'll be there as I might be going to Toronto for the Labour Day weekend. But, if not, I'll try to work something out. I'll most likely be in my usual spot, but it won't be the same, especially with traffic.

I'll have more of this as the week progresses. This is my final week of summer vacation. It would be nice to see a show before I go back.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 30, 2005 18:04:59   Edited by: Enkil

I might do to Notre Dame Street. I reserved that night so I can go for sure. However, I'm not 100% sure. And unfortunately, it will be very cold that night

Smoke,

As you know, I went to school Monday and no I didn't get lost in Longueuil lol. But I did get lost in the college, A LOT of times lol. And I was right, Édouard-Montpetit is the biggest college in Quebec, (maybe the biggest in the world, not sure though). It's impossible to find a local without a map in your hands lol. BTW, there were rumours that a grève will start early September. I have so much to tell you...
Anyways, I'm talk to you on aim Friday or Saturday.

Posted: Aug 31, 2005 14:58:06   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Enkil,

I'm happy to hear that you didn't get lost in Longueil! But, as you might have expected, it's easy to get lost in the biggest college in Montreal!

I look foward to our next conversations on Friday/Saturday. I also have a lot to tell you. And I'm looking foward to hearing about your first experiences and first impressions of your new institution! I guess you can tell me about what it was like for your first 2 days!

And I hope you took it easy out there today with the remnants of Katrina! A lot of rain has fallen today, but I'm still waiting for official accumilations. I observed quite a bit of rain in my area. In any case, the effects of the storm were just awful South of the border with fatalities ranging from the hundreds to potentially the thousands.

What a way to end off August. Also, I hate the very thought of September approaching.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 2, 2005 12:07:54

Fred,

I'll be there in the Silver section. Just as a tease, I can tell you that there will some MagicFire ignited shells used in the display!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Sep 2, 2005 14:39:36

Paul,

What are "MagicFire ignited shells" exactly?

As for the display, I don't know if I'll attend, but if my family doesn't want to go, I'll probably just take the train and then the metro to Papineau and watch on Notre-Dame.

Enkil,

I finally got my pass! It costs $78.00 big bucks.

Posted: Sep 2, 2005 14:42:06   Edited by: Smoke

^^^^^^^^

Sorry about that! That's me posting anonymously! I moved the mouse so fast that I accidently clicked post message without loging in!

I hate when that happens.

Enkil,

I forgot to mention, I'll be on AOL tonight.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 06:32:18

what the day of pyjama firework party

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 07:30:56

Why is it people can't even be bothered to read the posts here or go to the laronde website? It's today, Sunday 4th. Jeez.

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 07:39:40

ok thank anonymous.the show is this evening.

jérome

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 07:44:07

I has just made a research and I found information but is in french

Le dimanche 4 septembre 2005, sortez vos pyjamas… et obtenez 50 % de rabais sur le prix d'une entrée-manèges en vous présentant en « pyj' » à la billetterie de La Ronde.

Une journée pas comme les autres vous y attend. Cité Rock Détente sera sur place pour animer cet événement spécial incluant : amuseurs publics, sculpteurs de ballons, spectacle de wakeboard sur le Lac des Dauphins, rallye Nintendo, atelier de maquillage et plus encore !

Cette année, venez découvrir notre foire aux reptiles avec ses dragons barbus, pythons, crapauds cornus, tortues terrestres, geckos léopard et autres habitants étonnants. Certains s'offriront même au toucher, si vous l'osez !

De plus, si notre Escouade Pyjamas vous surprend à rester en pyjama toute la journée, courez la chance de mériter l'un de nos nombreux et excitants prix de présence : jeux et consoles Nintendo, lecteurs iPod, caméra numérique, etc.

Et, parce qu'il faut aussi s'éclater dans la nuit, le traditionnel Feu des Pyjamas conçu par les artificiers de La Ronde viendra illuminer le ciel à 21 heures.

N'oubliez pas vos pantoufles !

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 07:46:13

the show is tonigh a 9h00 not a 10h00!

jérome

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 08:09:42

Paul, that is great! I should see you tonight!

Jérôme, you are right. I add that it is a shorter show than those produced in the framework of the Montreal International Fireworks Contest -- usually 15 minutes approx. It is a pyromusical, but you have to be at La Ronde to listen the music since it is not broadcast on the radio. Moreover, once you are inside the park, the access to the terraces is free.

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 08:21:29

thank fredbastien. and well for those which want to see the last fireworks show of year 2005 has the round is your last chance.
its will last 15 minutes but is better than nothing but I does not know if the bridge will be closed ?

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 08:55:05

Hi Jérome,

I was there last year, I can confirm that the bridge and roads are all open and I'm happy to confirm that I'll be there tonight.

BTW, we'll be seeing salutes tonight!

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 08:55:27

Jerome,

The bridge will not be closed like it usually is at 8:00 P.M on regular fireworks nights during June and July. I believe that traffic will also not be closed on Notre-Dame abd De Lorimier for this occasion, unfortunately.

It will feel weird going back there at this time of the year, especially during the beginning of the school year! But I would love to do it for old times sake.

And Jerome, long time no see! How have you been?

Regards,

Trav.
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013