Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Video in HD from Geneva fireworks 2005
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 16, 2005 15:51:34   Edited by: Charbax

Hello, I just got my new HD camera HC1 from Sony. So I am going crazy filming some stuff in great quality. Now I put 57 minutes of Fireworks as 1280x720 resolution 3mbit/s DivX files on my website:

http://geneva2005.fireworks.videocoverage.org

The pyrotechnics companies who made this 57 minute fireworks are Igual from spain, Panzera from Italy (I believe they were in Montreal also this year) and Pyrostars from Swtizerland. As far as I understand from the swiss newspapers there were hundreds of thousands of people at the fireworks and it's supposed to be one of the greatest in Europe.. I synched the video and it's audio with the music that I recorded from the radio station Radio Lac that was broadcasting the music for the fireworks in good quality.

The big 57 minute video is 1.2 Gygabytes, hosted on my fast SEED server, you need BitTorrent software client (for example from http://bittorrent.com) installed on your computer to download it. But there are also some short clips which you can download directly from my server.

I hope you will enjoy this! And please pass the address of my video to other fans of Fireworks who have fast internet.

Posted: Aug 16, 2005 16:09:22

Hi Charbax,

Thanks for sharing the entire shows. It's interesting to see that your using BitTorrent. . That program is a truly special and unique!

I'm currently downloading and seeding

Posted: Aug 16, 2005 16:17:55   Edited by: Charbax

I hope you enjoy.. ! Thanks for seeding! I saw the impressive video pages you have put up.. thazt is awesome..

I am just starting with my new sony HC1 camera, so I just used my new tripod, focus to infinite but most other camera settings were at default.. For next time also, I hope to get VIP position to setup my tripod.. Cause specially the first 15 minutes there are some people standing up infront of the camera.. 15 minutes into the video though I get to push those people off the bridge so I can film from a better angle in peace.. But there still is an occasional angle with some lady's head or the people that are on the boat infront of me.

I thought it would be good to be as close as possible from the fireworks, but maybe for next time I will stand further away with a wide-angle lense on my camera so I can have the complete display without having to pann at all.. I'm panning qquite alot on this video cause I tried to get all the small fountains and the biggest areas of bombs into the frame.

Anyways, for next years geneva fireworks, I hope I will have shown this first recording in 1080i HDV to the organizors, so they will consider letting me in where they have all the official fireworks journalists and photographs, and maybe I'll have a friend with another HD camera filming from another angle and we could edit the stuff together. Best I guess is if the roganizers make sure the music is not copyrighted and that the pyrotechnics companies are agreeing that the complete show be put up on their official website or something.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019