Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› What does a pyro conceptor is doing on a boring wi
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 9, 2005 20:40:00   Edited by: Admin

What does a pyro conceptor is doing on a boring winter night?
See it for yourself!

http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM

http://www.break.com/articles/houselights2.html

The best way to keep in touch with showdirector during the down season

Posted: Dec 10, 2005 13:18:14

HA HA, C'est vraiment bien fait!! Je ne verrai plus les décorations de noel de la même façon!

BenHur

Posted: Dec 10, 2005 15:44:28

Yes!
I saw that on TVA this morning. It did remind me of the fireworks. I wanted to post it here.

Posted: Dec 10, 2005 16:08:39

That's incredible, though quite funny at the same time!

That looks just like a beautiful synchronized pyromusical spectacle, except with Christmas ornaments on a house!

I can watch that over an over again! I wish I can make my Christmas lights do that!

Trav.

Posted: Dec 11, 2005 14:00:15

Hi Guys,

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if they used lights in future pyromusicals. It would give an extra dimension to the show (as well as extra marks for creativity). I checked on the website for information about how to set it up. It uses a software program just like pyromusical creations and is controlled by a module (similar FireOne). Each module can control 16 different channels and costs $210. You know, I might create my own design once I buy a house, It's right up my alley!

Danny

Posted: Dec 11, 2005 17:32:25

Fiatlux had lights and laser at la ronde in 1997

also, i saw the video a while ago, it's amazing, and i think the guy is probably a light designer who works in theater and shows

Posted: Dec 12, 2005 07:13:45

Those lighting controllers are cheap for a reason - there's nowhere near the safety features built in that are required for fireworks. Doesn't really matter if a light accidentally comes on at the wrong time.

Personally, I don't like non-pyro items such as lights and lasers mixed in with fireworks - especially lasers. I think the artistry in a pyromusical design is that fact that it's all done in pyrotechnics. But that's just my personal opinion.

Paul.

Posted: Dec 12, 2005 07:37:56

Laser and other technologies have been integrated with pyrotechnic in many shows at La Ronde, especially in the framework of the Montreal International Firework Contest.

In 1996 and 1997, La Ronde produced daily a multimedia show titled "Mirage sur le lac", which was based on laser animation and video projection on a giant water screen. Pyrotechnic was also included in this story. In 1996, Ampleman used this infrastructure to include laser in his show. The year after, 4 or 5 contestants to the Montreal International Firework Contest have included these technologies and Concept Fiatlux won a Special Award for the best multimedia component. JNS from Netherlands also produced an interesting integration. However, the 1997 vintage was experimental and didn't continue. In 2001, the off-competition opening display produced by La Ronde also included laser.

In my opinion, these kinds of experiments are welcomed but I have to admit, like several fanatics, that the results were seldom good. The wind is a major issue for any show produced at La Ronde with a water screen.

Fred

Posted: Dec 12, 2005 10:40:09   Edited by: PyroDan

Hi guys,

I know that lasers have been used in past. However, using lights will greatly improve the effect since no smoke/fog or screen is required. Basically, they can use "christmas lights" to synchro a segment that would be impossible to do with fireworks (dance/techno comes to mind). This synchro would be done in addition to the fireworks. Don't get me wrong, no fireworks and only lights would be cheating (maybe even getting disqualified). BTW Paul, I was thinking about using the module for lights and not fireworks (would kill myself with fireworks!).

Danny

Posted: Dec 13, 2005 21:05:29   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Dan,

I also agree with you about the concept of no smoke or fog with the integration of lights with fireworks. I think it would be a great idea, but not too much of its use, but I feel that it might make a new approach with lights and fireworks in a pyromusical since the idea of synchronization is there. Personally, after watching those videos, I loved them, as they reminded me of our typical displays here in Montreal and abroad. I'm sure you and the others felt the same effect as I did.

I also agree with you, Dan, with the idea of creativity. I'm not saying that lights should be used all the way through for 100 % of the show, since this is a competition involving pyrotechnics, but rather the mere fact that lights can give a neat impression to the audience and would seriously add to some implications on design and integration of creativity to some parts of the overall criteria, especially in choreography and synchronization.

However, I sometimes have mixed feelings about this approach because perhaps of the main theme and perhaps the potential reliance on this idea where it could be possibly overused and thus sort of obscuring the fundamental concepts and ideas of the main idea of the competition. I'm not trying contradict myself, but rather simply looking at the pros and cons of this idea, though I do, personally, feel that it is a good idea, but not playing a huge role in the 30 minutes provided.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021