Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Newbie question
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 17:27:51

Hi,

I will be traveling to Montreal this summer and I am planning to catch Argentina's show on July 2nd. Because this is my first time and I am taking my kids, I would like to buy tickets to La Ronde and see the show!

Can anyone who has been to La Ronde to see the SAQ to comment on the different sections (Gold, Silver, and Bronze)? I would like to get the Bronze section since the section seems to have discounts for kids, however, if it is worth the money, I would be willing to move up to Silver.

Thanks in advance,

Q

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 18:03:13

The silver section is the most central and has the best view in my opinion since everything is more symetrical. Also it seems the bronze section ends up with more smoke than the silver. There's only a small difference in price between bronze and silver anyway, if I recall correctly. Whichever you chose, you're sure to have a great time. Perhaps, after the display, you could write about your experiences here on the forum!

Could you also tell us where you're travelling from?

Best regards,

Paul.

Posted: Feb 2, 2006 19:33:10

I've never take place in the gold section, but as I remember, this place is getting ashes et dusts more often than other section.

I think that the silver one will be a good choice. Remember that the firing crew is taking place at the back of the silver section, it can't be a wrong place to be...

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 04:55:01   Edited by: fredbastien

Seats in Gold section are usually sold to corporative customers and all tickets are often sold very early. As Paul explains, Silver section is better than Bronze one.

However, please note that the Silver section is divided in five terraces. You should avoid the first and second terraces, and the first rows (i.e.: A to F) of third, fourth and fifth terraces. The reason is that many interesting pyrotechnic effects are low (some are directly on the water) and that these areas of Silver section are flat, so people in front of you will hidden some part of the show. I suggest to you the fourth and fifth terraces, let say from Row G or H and higher.

Finally, don't stress about the tickets reservation. A lot of seats remain available up to the day of the show, especially for those produced before mid-July.

Be prepared to see a firework show like you have never seen before! If you want to do a lot of rides and roller coasters, you should go to the park early.

Where are you from?

Fred

Posted: Feb 3, 2006 08:56:23

Thank you very much for your quick responses. =) I am originally from South Korea but now I live in California. We are planning to travel to Montreal and Quebec City for the summer vacation. I was looking for events around the time I will be there and I thought SAQ and Jazz Festival looked very interesting.

Thanks for thoughtful responses and I will try to get the Row G or H on the Silver section. I can't wait!

Q

Posted: Feb 17, 2006 16:28:00

As everyone said, the Silver section offers the best view, but also seems to be more "healthy" because of little smoke concentration compared to others, as others have clearly mentioned in the past.

Anyhow, as Paul said, I would also really love it if you could write some comments on the show after you've seen it. I'll be looking out for you!

Thank God you didn't come today. If you did, you would have gotten blown down by the winds, which was gusting near 120 km/h a few hours ago and was, indeed, the strongest winds in North America.

Well, when you do come this Summer, also enjoy Montreal and all the other wonderful attractions it has to offer.

Kind regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023