Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Less than one month to go.
Last poster Message

Posted: May 23, 2006 09:54:42

Hey guys,

I'm happy to say that the competition begins in 3 1/2 weeks from now. I'm sure we're all looking forward to it!

Trav.

Posted: May 26, 2006 17:56:54

ouais trav il reste pas long ! 4 semaines environs ! j'ai vraiment hâte sa fait longtemps que j'ai pas entendus un bon booom

jerome

Posted: May 26, 2006 18:11:45

tien en passant j'ai posté ma pyro maison:

ma bombe aérienne maison :
http://media.putfile.com/shell-burst

mes fontaines dorée :
http://media.putfile.com/0304584

http://media.putfile.com/0304585

Posted: May 27, 2006 18:26:15

Jerome,

It's certainly true that we haven't experienced those "booms" for quite some time. Nevertheless, time is closing in and another new competition is set to begin. Let's hope that we get the proper weather cooperation like we did for the past 2 years, though last year there were several in between incidents that spoiled some shows, particularly Australia and Sweden where the remnants of Arlene and Cindy spoilt the preperation setups and thus winded up with later problems.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: May 27, 2006 18:51:34

yes i hope for a good weather this season.the weather promise dry and hot weather all summer long ! this season i will go very near for the firework show.i bring helmet for safety and i try to make a link with some pyrotechnician at la ronde.

Posted: May 28, 2006 08:06:55

Hi Jerome,

Yes, I've heard that prediction for some time now about the hot and dry Summer, although there has also been some contradictory findings before hand as well. However, I certainly can tell you that we can never really know until we've experienced it for ourselves. In other words, we'll have to wait and see rather than take the inferences in their entity.

As I told Enkil, the prediction for Summer 2001 was deemed to be involved with well below average temperatures and abundant levels of rainfall. This theory was widely accepted by many forecast predictors. Instead, that particular Summer ended up being one of the hottest and driest desert-like years ever witnessed along with respectful characteristics of consecutive low rainfall days and VERY hot condtions leading to water use restrictions, which comes into a complete contradiction as intially descirbed.

Nevertheless, I would love to experience a very hot Summer, like last year, though I personally prefer it more moist, sticky and humid rather than solely being dry.

And I wish you all the best to establish a connection with the pyrotechnicians at La Ronde.

Trav.

Posted: May 30, 2006 07:18:21

thank trav yes i hope. but for a 16 year old teenager. hmm not sure.but i hope to talk with a pyrotechnician friend.i hope

jerome

Posted: Jun 1, 2006 21:11:42

Hey guys,

Well, welcome to June, the month for the competition to commence. I'm over zealous of the arrival for the new season but I'm also very much looking forward to witnessing the prowess of the new countries/firms.

For those of you who were here yesterday afternoon into the evening, I hope you all saw and enjoyed the vicious thunderstorms that raced through the area and most of Southern Quebec (caused by a cold front not experiencing frontolysis), though I've learned that some houses were struck by lightning in Laval as well as people getting hurt by the same thing in La Tuque and elsewhere in Ontario. In any case, it was a wild day, but I was so sure the storms would happen judging the way the sky looked 3 hours prior to the storm (plus using my instincts). Plus, based on my own observations, the storms seem to have been multi celled since they fed off each other and thus one after the other (we had 4). From my experience yesterday, the sky conditions and air mass characteristics were somehow different to me compared to other similar humid days with the threat of storms. However, yesterday just felt, well,.......... "right".

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023