Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Weather Cooperation (or not) for Summer 2006.
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 22, 2006 15:34:13

Guys,

Be sure to bring your umbrellas tonight, but I just hope the rains won't be as steady at 10:00. Boy, this is the biggest threat so far. On satellite and radar imagery, you can see the cloud mass moving in an extreme Northeast fashion, so thus Ottawa may be spared.

And you may see/hear some thunder and lightning as well, but if these happen, they will be non-severe in nature. But keep in mind that thunderstorms tend to give heavier rains.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 26, 2006 13:50:34

Hello everyone,

Well, for the last participant of the competition, it appears that there's a risk for thunderstorms this evening into the overnight hours. Satellite imagery can be useless since thunderstorms can develop at anytime, but I would do best to check the radar more frequently as well as what is going in places like Ottawa or Cornwall.

In general terms, we will have humid evening with a temperature of 25-27 Celsius while feeling like the mid 30s. Winds are from the Southeast at 10-15 km/h. Thunderstorm risks are at the typical 40%.

Keep in mind that thunderstorms tend to have heavier rains associated with them, so be on the lookout! And yes, naturally you should bring your umbrellas while listening to the forecasts. I just hope it doesn't come at 10:00 or just before.

Like grease lightning!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 18:56:52   Edited by: Smoke

Nothing too serious, guys! Perfect summer weather under mostly clear skies and temperatures at 25 Celsius!

Enjoy the show and look out for the winners!

This is my last weather report......for now! I'm heading out over there earlier today!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 2, 2006 22:11:04

Guys,

I'm so sorry I didn't get the chance to inform you of yesterday evening's severe weather as I have been on the watch all day yesterday and today.

I just wanted you all to know that there could be some more storms this evening, which could turn severe. I am not saying that they will happen, but I suspect that the winds won't be as damaging, but the same degree of lightning intensity "could" be there.

Just remember that this is a watch, not a warning. And yes, I just have had my electricity restored since about an hour ago.

Be safe!

Trav.
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021