Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!! (2006)
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 1, 2006 06:02:14   Edited by: Smoke

Hi guys!

Well, as always, I wish you all a happy Canada Day with plenty of fun and activity. And be sure to look out for any fireworks tonight for the occasion. I'm there's some at the Old Port as well as on a local scale.

Oh yes, as always, watch out for possible storms! (I'm sure you guys liked the one's from yesterday). Anyhow, I'm going to watch a parade near my house.

Have a good day!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 1, 2006 18:40:47   Edited by: Smoke

I'm going to watch the fireworks in my area, but those of you going at a greater distance, beware of possible rains and perhaps thunder. I'm picking up quite a bit around on radar while the clouds out there are those typical darker cumulus shades. Quite impressive formations all day today, actually.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 1, 2006 20:00:58   Edited by: Smoke

Well, just got back from a very nice 15 minute display and I must say it was quite terrific, especially being next to the firing site. Quite a bit of huge shells of differing colors were used while a lot of the lasting effects involved burning white and red stars (very patriotic). There were also many silver and gold glittering kamuros while a nice finale took place with lots of noise accompanied with plentiful salutes and loud shells. The audience was also being provoked by tempting brilliant low-level glitters! And yes, there were a lot of those "missile" noises, too.

It's a shame the rain just started falling when fireworks started at about 10:10, which led to some of the fireworks being obscured by smoke accumulations. Thankfully, there was enough wind, but some effects didn't get a chance to fully display themselves like they should have, especially the silver glitters. Ah...this scenario brings back memories....

In any case, I had an excellent day enjoying the parade and festivities this morning to a fantastic fireworks show this evening.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021