Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› VIDEOS: Luqa, Malta, St.Andrew's Feast
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 16, 2006 12:02:01   Edited by: Luqa Malta

Hello People,

I am new in this forum and this is my first post. While I hope that you are all safe and happy and that you enjoy nice fireworks shows.

I would like to share with you what we had this year for the annual Feast of Saint Andrew held in Luqa, Malta.

Fireworks in Malta is an old tradition.

Our factory, the "Saint Andrew's Fireworks Factory of Luqa, Malta". (belonging to the Union Band Malta) is one of the leading fireworks factories of Malta, it produces both Air and Land fireworks and also daytime and night time fireworks. Our factory also produces unique daylight shows in Malta....

We have videos online at:
http://www.unionbandmalta.org/Videos.htm

The 2006 videos are at the bottom of the page. More videos of 2006 are to be uploaded soon.

There are also photos on the same site.

http://www.unionbandmalta.org is our official website.

Please note that all the fireworks in Malta are built by volunteers with a special passion for pyrotechnics.

I hope that you enjoy what I am sharing with you and would like to remind you that next year the feast will be from Monday the 25th of June 2007 till the 1st July 2007.

Thank you very much for your time.

Wishing you loads of fireworks

Keep Safe.

Luqa - Malta.

Posted: Aug 16, 2006 12:14:58

Posted: Aug 17, 2006 12:14:29

Hi Luqa Malta,

Thanks for sharing these very interesting videos! I'm especially impressed by one entitled "Colourful Variations Part I". I would like to know more about these ring shells which produce several strobes and other effects around the ring. I think that we have never seen these multibreak shells in Montreal. (Paul, is it true?) Does Saint Andrew manufactures them? What is the correct name of this pyrotechnic piece? I also like the shells with colourful pistils in the center.

Does Saint Andrew has already compete in international competitions? Do you plan to come in Montreal Contest in the future?

Fred

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 04:09:46

Thanks fredbastein for you nice compliment. We have never yet competed in any fireworks festival altough its is a long tradition here for manufactureing fireworks. This is because the shows are all focused on the annual feast held on the first weekend of July and the weekdays before. (next year 25th June till 1st July).

All the shows depend on donations made by the villagers and also expenses made by the pyros themselves. So at the moment I dont think that this will happen. Some of my friends have been there and all conclude that the level of competition is high.

These shells that you are talking about are manly named Traditional Maltese Multi Break colored shells. Obvoiusly the ones on our site are all manufactured with special "Luqa - Saint Andrew's Fireworks Factory Taste".

Thanks again.

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 14:04:27

Thanks for your answer! I believe that it would be great for some contestants to the Montreal International Firework Contest to buy a couple of these Maltese multibreak shells, featuring a sequence of strobes around the ring produced by the shells...

Fred

Posted: Aug 18, 2006 15:23:04

Fred,

it's somewhat a secret but there is one company that has competed in Montreal several times who does use Maltese multi-break shells. There has been a long standing relationship between this company and Malta. If you carefully rtead my reports, you will discover which competitor it was!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Aug 21, 2006 12:52:42

Hey guys,

The effects shown there are simply beautiful and I've come into a quick fascination with them. The way they're implemented is quite mysterious on its own, but I'm enamored by the colors on the wheels in that picture. They must be totally glamorous when presented along with a mixture of other materials as well.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.031