Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› montreal en lumière programm
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 24, 2006 17:20:54

hi everyone

i want to get the shedule of montreal en lumière event for this winter.

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 03:34:44

it won be availlable until december... and that's a minimum

Posted: Oct 4, 2006 07:55:14

Yes, December or January. But in my opinion, on the basis of previous experience, don't expect too much from Montréal en lumières.

However, stay tuned for the 2th Fire on Ice Festival (I am not sure about the exact name) in the Old Port, scheduled for December. The first edition in 2005 was great! I expect more details in November.

Fred

Posted: Oct 4, 2006 22:05:28   Edited by: Salutes lover

I am looking forward to the Old Port of Montreal's fireworks in December. I loved the experience last year......and I can't wait for Winter and snow to arrive......you don't hear that too often, but you will always hear it from me!

Pierre

Posted: Oct 5, 2006 21:56:24   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Pierre, (long time no see! )

You may as well be very surprised with the prediction of this Winter, although I don't find the evidence totally credible. The actual prediction was that we're expecting to have a harsh season, but moreso with the actual snow accumulations, so I suppose you can ultimately conclude that we'll be buried in this precipitation given the derivations. However, I can't be bothered with what they say; the next you know is that it's the complete opposite in what they initially thought up, which is kind of like the prediction for Summer of 2001. The actual deviation from other variables makes these predictions useless and ridiculous sometimes without having some sort of solid evidence to reinforce the main premises (though they do, but just not explained concisely). But all I can say is that we'll have to wait and see. The weather patterns are always revolving on a whimsical ideology, so it's always hard to predict. This actually relates to the "Butterfly Theory", but I won't go into details, unless you really want me to.

In some contradiction, my prediction falls under their standards for obvious reasons; one being the sole aspect of a return jet stream Winter flow, which will, in turn, allow regular Winter patterns to persist, unlike last Winter. Furthermore, Europe possibly won't see a harsh season like they did previously (it was believed that they got our Winter back in January). In this sense, the logic can be proven, but I think the picture relates to La Nina. I'm just not sure how long the trend persists; if it lasts longer, then chances are that we can see a continuous mild season because of a persistent blocking effect.

It's true that many don't share the opinion as you do regarding the arrival of Winter, but to be perfectly honest with you, Pierre, I'm sort of happy that you are indeed an enthusiast for the season in its entirety since the overall majority of opinions tend to feel redundant when it comes to focusing solely on Summer, so don't worry about that. As you said before, I, too, suppose that you still have a little child attitude still coexisting within you. Some things never die, right?

On the same token, for me, I already have a countdown until next May, which is still another 207 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes and 20 seconds from now.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Oct 6, 2006 18:05:21

i just waiting for the MASCLETA !!!!!!! i will bring my cam for the show!!

Posted: Oct 9, 2006 15:16:03

Hey Trav,

Yes, you are right my friend.........some things never die. I love winter, specially when they are bitter cold and very snowy. Harsh winters destroy a lot of bacterias and bugs that can be harmful to humans and that is why we don't get deadly diseases like they do in tropical countries.

Now, I am looking forward to the 2007 schedule, which I hope will include Italy's IPON S.R.L. Man, I miss their thunderous finales......

Talk to you later.

Pierre

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 00:29:55   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Pierre,

I know what you mean when you describe your zealous attitude towards Winter, which is akin to my own attitude in Summer where I love the extreme heat, stickiness, moist, humid and buoyant atmosphere since it is conducive to powerful thunderstorm development. I also love those conditions, in general, because it is inviting to be in the great outdoors. However, personally, I love temperatures anywhere from 27-40 Celsius with humidity.

You're right to say that harsh Winters can destroy those pesky viral bugs and bacteria that are harmful to humans. However, similarly in Winter, exposure to the cold weather reduces your immune system's functionality and capabilities to fight off bacteria and germs, so you're thus more vulnerable to contracting the flu, pneumonia or bronchitis (to name a few), for example. Furthermore, people congregate more indoors in the Winter, so it's easy to become ubiquitous. (I suppose you can say that everything has its ups and downs).

As for the 2007 schedule, I'm also hoping to see IPON make another appearance, not to mention Spain! And yes, it seems like those thunderous finales are nothing but a myth now. Really, in the last 2 years (2005-06), we haven't seen much magnificent endings (2 last year and 3 this year). And those that had the potential ended up having rotten luck somehow i.e Italy of this year and Sweden of last year. Even the recent Panzera endings were disappointing and were nothing compared to, let's say, the 90s.

Anyhow, let's hope for the best from next year; I'm tired of being disappointed!

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022