Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Question about this site's appearance.
Last poster Message

Posted: Oct 1, 2006 22:05:12   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

I really miss the appearance of the site in which is looked in its former state. However, not to say that I don't like this present look, I just miss the old fashioned look with the yellow text and the jet black background to contrast.

I believe you mentioned that you can revert to the old way somehow, Paul? I think it was with regards to using the FireFox browser only, but I'm not too optimistic on it altogether.

Thanks again.

Trav.

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 03:33:58

auuchh i don't miss the old forum look at all !

this one is much clearer but... there is better ... like phpbb

just browse through www.montreal-subaru-club.com and you'll see that it's pretty clear and fast and easy to use

Posted: Oct 4, 2006 22:15:41

Hi Trav.

I agree with you about the site's past appearance. I enjoyed the yellow writing on the dark blackground and I do miss it. When I first discovered this site, I thought it was VERY suitable for a firework website, to have a black background (reminding us of night, when the fireworks are fired) and yellow, which is a bright color (reminding us of the bright colors and the light that shines during fireworks). I'd be very happy if Paul decided to bring it back!

And hey Travis....did you realise that there's only 2 months to go before the Old Port fireworks......and only 8 months and a half for the next season? Yes, 2 months have passed already. I hope you are doing fine, my friend. Write to me when you have time.

Take care.

Pierre

Posted: Oct 5, 2006 22:25:37   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Pierre,

I can truly say that the actual contrast really made the former appearance more ideal for a site like this. Furthermore, the clarity altogether before wasn't so bad either. It's also much more attractive and appealing to guests, in my opinion, like the way it is in the photo section. As you said, the prior 2 colors were incredibly fitting considering the actual relation to the fireworks themselves; the dark background being the representation of the subtle night time hours only to be revealed by that impeccable yellow text to bring out the flamboyant and lustrous vehement brightness from the fireworks, which always seem to acquiesce in this benevolent, yet eccentric, heterogeneous mixture.

I did, however, recall that Paul said we could revert to the previous way using the FireFox browser, but I couldn't find that option. In the long run, I hope to see the site look like the way it previously did. I suppose I'm actually missing the site colors and format because I honestly grew up and got used to it, too, while ultimately becoming immediately enamored by the overall layout. I do really miss it so much.

As for time passing, well, you're right, as always. We've gone through August and September while already well into October. Before you know it, it will be here, yet again. I find myself somewhat in some sort of chasm in time when establishing this concept since the amount of time elapsed for the past few years is totally incredible. In fact, I find it hard to believe in how many years went since 1990 (when I started watching the fireworks) and I find myself, yet again, seeming to countdown for next Summer. It's as if we've entered this facade or endless void of speeding time, which is arguably some of the prime concocted parameters that we are constrained to, unfortunately.

But yes, the main premise to apprehend is to look forward and keep your ambitions active! I will always look forward to the glorious Summer months of the solar year and enjoy all it has to offer. As you said, we've dealt with 2 months, so let's deal with the other 8....er......6 and 1/2 (I don't want the second half of April and May to go fast).

I'll do my very best to write to you, Pierre, whenever I can. I am doing very fine, thank you, though I'm finding the realm of the University prowess increasingly tedious, particularly this semester. To be honest, whenever I'm on that train and arrive and Du Ruisseau, I think about you because you live close to there.

Here's to the fireworks and to a brilliant upcoming Summer!

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Oct 9, 2006 15:05:38

Hello Travis,

Yes indeed, I live about 2 km East of the Du Ruisseau train station, so I sometimes walk to the train station instead of driving there! In my case, I think of you whenever there's a thunderstorm....so I thought of you a lot last July....almost daily! (wink, wink)

Talking about weather, we are experiencing one of the most beautiful weekend (Thank God it's a long one too!) in the past few months.....dry, sunny, not too warm, not too cold, just the way I love it!

I hope you are enjoying it to the fullest, mon ami!

And there's only two months left before the Old Port's winter fireworks....Yesssssss!

Have a great (and short) week.

Pierre (yes, we do need sunglasses......finally! sigh)

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 00:47:06

Hi Pierre,

Yes, this week was short for me, which was a good thing since it allowed me to catch up on some homework. Last weekend (Thanksgiving) was impeccable with glorious weather, so yes, I did enjoy it to an optimal level.

You described it pretty accurately; not too hot, nor was it too cold. I just wish it was like that in Winter where it isn't too harsh and is comfortable for everyone. I'm asking for the impossible, but Vancouver definitely has the climate we're all looking for; yearly temperatures staying relatively mild.

Heh...It always pleases me to know that you think of me during a good thunderstorm! And yes, July had the most storms of the season; a lot which were strong, including the one on the night of my birthday! I think the perception is practically automatic when I reach Du Ruisseau and then "Pierre" pops up in my head. You're fortunate to be close to the station since driving there (but moreso parking) can prove to be tedious. Plus, walking is always more healthy for you.

And yes, the upcoming Winter fireworks festival is well underway. I'd like to make the effort to actually go this time.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020