Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Seating options if I have a season pass
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 12:43:40

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I have a season pass at La Ronde. So far, we attended most of the 2008 season (except the France display) and we're looking forward to see the complete 2009 season as well.

Until now, I bought surplus tickets at the "Comptoir de services" kiosk (at the main entrance) for 12$ each in the silver section. They are only available the same day as the show, as they come directly from Admission. I usually go buy them between 11:00 and 12:00.

Today, the girl that sold me the tickets told me that they were sold at a lower price just before the show. As I take pictures of the fireworks for my website, I want to be sure to be seated in the silver section, so I wonder if these tickets will still be available moments before the display begins. As I take a few minutes to setup my equipment, I also need to get there around 9:30.

I'm also wondering if there is a kind of "season seat" for the fireworks, where you would be seated at the same place throughout the season ? If so, how much is it and how can I get one ?

Finally, how do the official photographs manage to get these seats just in front of the old control room ? Do you need to get a media pass from La Ronde or something ?

Thanks,

STL

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 13:07:38   Edited by: TRae

STL,

I cannot answer all of your questions but I can tell you that I also have a season pass for La Ronde and buy my tickets at the "Comptoir de services." Tickets are sold at on a sliding scale and prices are based on ticket sales by section and time of day. Tickets are at their cheapest after 7 pm - $5 for bronze and the same $11-$12 for silver. If bronze sells out silver tickets will be sold for $5 (as was the case for Panzera's opening display).

Last year there were also duos of La Ronde employees selling tickets around both central entrances (on each side of the Silver/Argent section) to the Place du Canada grandstands. I do not know if they still sell tickets here but they might be your best bet for last minute deals. Keep an eye out.

*Edit: There is no "season seat" that I know of unless you are a judge, have a media pass, etc.

Good luck and enjoy the display,
Tyler

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 13:16:10   Edited by: fireworksforum

Finally, how do the official photographs manage to get these seats just in front of the old control room ? Do you need to get a media pass from La Ronde or something ?
You get these seats by being an official reporter / photographer. If you have bona fide press credentials then you can contact the organizers and make your case. There is very limited availability as they already have their official media partners. The competing teams are seated at the back of the silver plus section (just beneath the new control room) - we official media representatives tried that but found it unsatisfactory (due to the grandstand seating transmitting too much vibration) so the two rows in front of the old control room were reserved for us.

As for season seats, sadly there are none. They did used to offer packages in the past but I don't think these were very successful - selling spare seats on the night is probably a good compromise, though, of course, it's unpredictable. I would imagine there will be plenty of seats available this evening due to the weather.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.029