Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2004 Display Reviews —› Marutamaya (Japan) Reviews
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 26, 2004 19:39:31   Edited by: Admin

Post ure reviews!

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 09:02:32

My review is now up in the reports section.

What a fabulous display! The fantastic sequencing done with the low-level stars, comets and mines was amazing. Particularly the screaming serpents used during the Pink Floyd segment.

As for the shells used, well, we were fortunate to see quality that few get to see anywhere outside of Japan. Their multi-colour-changing-multi-pistil chrystanthemum shells were just outstanding, to say nothing of the amazing pattern shells. I spoke to a professional in the fireworks business who was virtually weeping at the thought of the cost of some of the shells we saw! Many of the 12" shells, if we could even get them here, would retail for over $1000 each and there were so many fired last night! Incredible.

The competition is already so intense this year, it's virtually impossible to predict the outcome.

What a treat!

Paul.

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 09:58:13

Paul,

So far, between the two displays, which finales did you like better? I know the display is more than a finale, but I'm a finale fanatic!

I'm also impressed to hear that so many of those expensive shells were fired. I had no clue that there were so many! It really is outstanding!

Like I've said many times, there's bound to be disapointment this year, since these two displays are right up there!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 28, 2004 10:17:07

Paul, (Thank you for doing all this for a world-wide audience.)

At the beginning of the Japan report this weekend you said: "400 FM modules, 5800 cues" Please elaborate. The FM is Fire Magic? So, each module had about 14 - 15 cues wired to it? And, one cue per shell or device? (Of course, I know all the answers, but just checking to see if you do and to educate the others how don't know everthing like I do.)

(A little humor there.)
(Ya, very little.)

Iowa Tom

P.S. For everybody's information, this years winner will be Holland or Sunny 'cause that's when Mrs. P and I are gonna be there. The weather will be perfect with the wind just right to carry the smoke away from those of us front and center in the silver section.

Posted: Jun 28, 2004 10:27:44

Tom,

actually, "FM Modules" is a bit like saying "DC Current". A PyroDigital "FM" is a firing module which can fire 16 cues. So 400 FM boxes would give a maximum of 6400 cues. Of course, the number of scripted cues will always be less since there will be times when several FM boxes fire simulataneously - such as when a front of mines is being ignited for example. There may be only one cue per device, or a single cue could ignite several devices (like a fan of candles) or a chain of shells. I think in Japan's show, most of the time there was one cue per device.

Look at it another way though - in their 30 minute show an average of 3.2 cues per second were fired. Now that's impressive isn't it?!

I hope you're right about the weather forcast!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 28, 2004 10:57:00   Edited by: Smoke

Wouldn't worry too much about the weather on Saturday(for now).

Looks like a high of a warm 26 degrees with relatively calm winds, roughly 5km/h. As Tom said, it should be just right to blow the smoke away from where people are watching in the Silver section and also every other section as well. I'll have more updates on the weather, if anything changes. So far, so good.

And I know it's been very cool recently to watch the past 2 displays. It was very uncomfortable, and it's usually very rare since we've been having this type of weather in the past years. It really sucks! Well, at least it's better than rain!

Enjoy the show, Tom.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019