Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2004 Display Reviews —› IPON Reviews (Italy)
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 3, 2004 20:36:23

Greetings to everyone who saw tonight's show,

Smoke says: VERY VERY VERY EXTREMELY WELL DONE!!!!!! Can't really complain about it because it was very good throughout!!

Very nice job throughout the entire display! In my opinion, I think THAT was the best, so far.

As for the finale: That's what you call a FINALE!!!! So far, the best finale! I haven't seen something like that for a while! And I just love those scatter shots! It was very nicely integrated with the display. Some very nice colours and effects used, as well. The music was nice with the fireworks, too. The ending was simply flawless. Kinda reminds me of Spain 2001!

Also, my mom was literally screaming at the end and she was left breathless! I was shaking!

Post your reviews here!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 3, 2004 21:18:10

I just got back. The last thing I wrote in my notes (after the WOW in big letters) was "Crowd goes wild". Which they did, shouting and whistling and screaming (not that I could hear very well by then!). As fpr shaking, I had to stop taking notes at the end because I literally couldn't write as I was stamping my feet too much

Full report tomorrow when I've slept on it.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 4, 2004 03:12:41

i'm from italy they are the benito grandson of pay of the company ipon s.rl. you can provurarmi the video of the company pay?

Posted: Jul 4, 2004 05:50:08   Edited by: Smoke

All I can say is an outstanding show for the Italian team.

I loved that ending! I was going crazy, myself! I was shaking my water bottle everywhere! All you can here me say is "KEEP GOING, IPON, KEEP SHOOTING MORE, DON'T STOP!!!!" And they didn't! That's a finale. I just love the length of it, let alone the intensity and loudness! There was a lot of chest thumping shells and salutes during the entire display. I actually think that this was the loudest display, so far, as well.

Plus, they started of with a bang and pretty stayed that way, throughout.

Do you know how long the finale was, Paul? It must have been over a minute! Seriously!

BTW, last night was the best weather we've had, so far. It was still 26 degrees during the display. Campared to the last two shows where it was really chilly that everyone wore coats! Last night was much more comfortable, with that perfect summer July weather Din't see any jackets where I was!. Can't really ask for more! Nice weather+Excellent display=Good time!

Best regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 4, 2004 07:07:03

The loudest part of the finale was something like 35-40 seconds - the part with all the chest thumping salutes that were fired every second.

As everyone has said, what a fantastic evening!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 4, 2004 08:13:42

smoke i'm from italy they are the benito grandson nipote capito ?? i'm from ottaviano (napoli)they are the grandson of the prorpetario of the company ipon you can provurarmi the video of the company pay?

Posted: Jul 4, 2004 09:12:00

I think the guy from Ottaviano is asking for a video of the display. I know there will be a small video file of about 1 or 2 minutes that should appear on www.mondialsaq.com next Friday.

But I'm gonna ask the same thing. Is there anyway we can get our hands on the entire display? The folks from Mondial SAQ have it, but never release it entirely. Unless they post the video of the finale on the internet, I will always wanna have the tape.

As for the display, Smoke is right about the weather. What a blessing! We did not encounter any bad fireworks day so far. I hope it will be like that all summer. Hate when it's raining, can't enjoy the show the same way.

And during the finale, I was saying the same thing in my head. Come on, Italy, keep shooting, bring it on!

Posted: Jul 4, 2004 14:59:33

io sono il nipote del propretario della ditta ipon srl di ottaviano provincia di napoli e vi avevo chiesto se potete trovarmi un video dove ha partecipato mio zio il 3 luglio vi ringrazio ipon srl you translate in Italian and you understand ok ??

Posted: Jul 4, 2004 19:30:47

Ci sarà un video corto dei fireworks da Ipon S.R.L. sul Internet venerdì prossimo. Scatti sopra questo collegamento: http://www.mondialsaq.com/fr/programmation/feux.asp?feu=174 e venerdì prossimo vedrete il collegamento. Scattilo sopra ed il video dovrebbe avviarsi giocare. Durerà soltanto 1 o 2 minuti. Non so se il video completo è disponibile. Forse qualcuno con le informazioni migliori può dirvi.

There will be a short video of the fireworks from Ipon S.R.L. on the internet next Friday.
Click on this link: http://www.mondialsaq.com/fr/programmation/feux.asp?feu=174 and next Friday you will see the link. Click on it and the video should start playing.

It will only last 1 or 2 minutes. I do not know if the complete video is available. Maybe someone with better information can tell you.

Posted: Jul 5, 2004 08:53:34   Edited by: Smoke

Anonymous,

Like badnitrus said, we can expect a clip form the Italian display on the Mondial SAQ web site some time soon. I'm not sure if they'll post the entire display, although I really wouldn't mind seing it again, especially the ending. I doubt they'll do that, though. The Mondial SAQ site usually gives certain clips for each display. I think that they also give a clip for the finale for Panzera and an additional clip. I can try a quick search and see if any other web sites will offer the entire clip. I'll try to let you know if I find anything.

So far, it was the best display that I've seen this season. They've really done a fantastic job and I haven't enjoyed such an intense display for a long time, probably back since Spain 2001!

IPON's show was to die for, no question about it. And I'm happy that the weather didn't spoil it. As you say, it was very nice and enjoyable. It was the best night to enjoy a display, weather wise.

The past 2 displays were very cold! Too bad it can't stay hot all year!

Posted: Jul 5, 2004 09:53:16

Hmmm... so i should have come to Montreal a week earlier!

I'm eagerly awaiting saturday

Lars

Posted: Jul 5, 2004 09:58:41

grazie badnitrus ssai parlare anche italiano ?

Posted: Jul 5, 2004 10:11:11

Lars,

I only wish that you could've attended this one! It was a spectacular show. I haven't seen such a show in a long time. I was really impressed and I enjoyed it to the absolute fullest.

The way it was designed was totally flawless. I couldn't possibly ask for more. The entire display was so intense that at times, it was hard to catch your breath. There was even a segment in between that seemed like a finale! It's true!

The finale itself was incredible and out of this world. As it was going, I lost any sort of control over myself that I was literally cheering and screaming for the ending to go on. I even dropped my water bottle on the ground! I haven't felt that excited in such a long time. I was really losing it! As the finale went on with all that colourful shells and especially those thunderous salutes, I felt like I was in a parallel universe and as it came to an end, HUGE cheers from the crowd!

The last part of the finale was killer loud with those huge salutes! I was totally breathless. That was a nice ending and the fact that they made it so long, made it enjoyable and intense.

I really expected them to do something like that. I can also tell you, after seing a powerful ending, that it will be tough to beat that finale, finale wise!

Lars, I wish you could've saw THAT! It would have been something for you to remeber!

Anyways, who knows, maybe Caballer will give you and all of us another treat, like IPON did!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 5, 2004 15:43:23

sorry for the late review

i saw it too, but couldnt post becuz my internet was not working, but im back

--------------

ill go step by step
it started off very well, good with many "zigzags", i thought it was an enjoyable start

at the middle, things started to get better, i do remember i was very into it

before the feux final, things were going, but i was waiting for the final cuz i knew it will be good (if u go to mondialsaq.com and watch the interview, the guy says it )
the final was very intense (and lasting)

if i take out Japon (cuz i didnt see it) i think Spain had more creativity but a dull final, but Italy had a fairly a good creativity, with many high quality fireworks (same for Spain) and a strong final

thats all i can remember for commenting right now

overall Spain and Italy had different displays, but personally i think Italy was the best so far

my aunt who came from Sweden, she was amazed (everyone was), she told us that they do a competition in Sweden too, but it lasts about 15min, but she had never seen something like this, she said this display beats by far any display she has seen in Sweden (althro its been 2 years now, they have stopped the competition, dunno why)

-------------

Smoke, i went exacly where u told me, we paid 5$ (we didnt arrive 2 hours early) after we parked, we walked on De Lorimier until the intersection to Notre-Dame (it wasnt far ), we seat on the grass

i have never been this closer since 2000,
althro i didnt see very well the fireworks near the ground, it wasnt visible
do u see them? do u stand up, to watch? how do u watch?

anyhow, i believe i will always come there whenever i go with the car

Posted: Jul 5, 2004 22:29:20   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

Good to hear from you again. Here I thought that you missed such a super show. I'm glad that you saw it! Anyways, as you say, your internet connection is working again.

I just read your review and I totally agree with you on the IPON display. I found it intense for pretty much the whole thing! I was hoping for a nice, intense, colourful and lengthy finale, and surprise surprise, that's exactly what I got!!! As I said, I was literally screaming and shaking for them to go on, which they did!! It will be tough to see a finale of that calibur again, although it's possible! Anyways, I was impressed witht he IPON team!

In terms of comparisson with Igual, I would say that Italy was better, in a finale perspective and probably in other parts of the display. I also did find Italy to be more intense throughout. I must also say that Igual and IPON were both designs on a different approach and basis. In other words, they were 2 distinctive displays, which were both done very well in their own unique way. Spain also did a fabulous job throughout, just the ending could've been a bit better, but very creative, none the less, let alone intensity for the rest of their display. As for Japan, they also did a good job and were also pretty intense and creative. However, I wish they had used salutes to integrate with the display and plus, it probably would've made the ending much more intense. They did do a good job, though. They did some things that we've never seen before, I think. So, in essence, a very tight competition, so far. I guess we can see why it's going to be hard for the judges this year!

As for watching the fireworks, I'm glad that you chose to watch from around where I view. Did you like it a lot?

To simply answer your questions, yes I do see the majority of the bottom effects, especially those bright yellow flares used for the IPON dipslay. I think everyone could easily see that! And yes, I do see pretty much what goes on in the lower parts. The reason for this is quite simple and logical. Where I stand now, which is on the intersection of De Lorimier and Notre-Dame where the traffic light is, there's a median, making it high enough for me to see above everyone's heads and other distractions. So that answers your 2nd and 3rd questions.

I guess you were one of the many people walking down De Lorimier. I don't know if you spotted me. I was the person sitting on the chair at the parking lot doing a crossword puzzle!

Where did you watch from? Were you by the cantene?

Anyways, I hope that you'll be able to come around there again for the future displays!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 8, 2004 12:25:14   Edited by: Lars

Hi Smoke

Sorry for the late reply... Been busy packing my stuff for tomorrows departure for "the pyrotechnical heaven"

I believe that every word of your applauding review of the IPON-show is true and their "can't-you-sleep-either?-finales" must have made quite an impression - is that the rightway to interpret this from your post above?

They participated in (and won) the Tarragona-competition last year and they had some great material. Especially i was impressed by their multibreaks, whose timing was as close to perfect as humanly possible...

I still believe that Caballer is going to do a job at the same level... They have the capacity, products, technical expertise and not least creativity to compose impressive displays "the spanish way" which i personally fancy a lot. I saw their show from the Fallas (downloaded from www.freakpyromaniacs.com) and if confirms that they have some amazing products. Both shells and candles with unique color caracteristics but also some different effects i haven't seen from other companies... Therefore they should be able to do something spectacular - and i have a feeling they will

Just for your informations i am not sure when i have the chance to access the internet during the next 3 weeks, so if I do not reply an answer to this post, it is not meant impolite...

Best regards,
Lars

Posted: Jul 8, 2004 13:28:57

Lars,

I'm glad to know that you're coming to the Mondial SAQ. I also believe that Caballer may do something of the same calibur. IPON's show was out of this world, so I can interpret the same for this Spanish team. I know Spain has the capacity to do an incredible and breathless show, and I have a feeloing that they'll do just tht on Saturday. It's really something to look foward to, and I'm glad that you're going to be here on time to see it, Lars. I hope that they'll do something like Italy, or even better!

As for replying, don't worry about being impolite. Everyone replies when they can!

Don't worry, you'll be in for a big surprise on Saturday!

This year is really heating up and it's continuing on doing so after each display!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 20:35:13   Edited by: sunjh

Sorry, I still know nothing of IPON, could you explain its meaning for me?:

Posted: Jul 14, 2004 03:52:57

IPON is just the name of the Italian company who competed on July 3rd. I have a feeling it is an acronym since they are based in Ottaviano which is near Naples and run by the Pagano family. That would account for the letters P O N. Perhaps I is "Industria". So I would guess that IPON is "Industria Pagano Ottaviano Napoli".

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jul 14, 2004 12:35:53

They did do a good job throughout the display and an incredible finale! I would say the second best finale, next to Spain's.

However, since Spain had technical difficulties, I think IPON has the best chance of winning, so far.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 22, 2004 01:37:34   Edited by: sunjh

Paul:

Thanks for your exlaination of IPON .

I wish someday they could perform in China!

Regards,

Sun

Posted: Jul 23, 2004 14:19:56

grazie tantissmo...a tutti voi... i'm from ottaviano(napoli) sono il nipote della ditta ipon kiss kiss

Posted: Jul 25, 2004 09:22:48   Edited by: Salutes lover

I have so many things to say! First of all, I must tell you that I witnessed the Italian firework display by IPON, back in June of 1998. The memories of this display's finale is still very fresh in my mind. I will NEVER, EVER forget it! The speed and intensity was incredible with thousands of salutes (God, do I love those....the more there are, the happier and crazier I get) which filled my eyes with tears of pure, total satisfaction! This specific firework from the Italian team, brought me back to La Ronde every single year since 1998, so that I could have the chance to see another finale like this one.

Unfortunately, this year, I could not attend the show on Saturday July 3rd and I am still banging my head against the wall for chosing a garden party at my coworker's place, instead of the Italian display.....if only I had known it was done by IPON!!!!!!

Please someone, tell me that this year's Italian finale was not as good as the one in 1998....so that I can stop banging my head against the wall for making the wrong choice on that evening....LOL

Posted: Jul 25, 2004 09:40:38

Sorry, it was every bit as good as 1998. In fact, it was even better because the sequencing at the end of the finale was different, making it appear even more intense, especially the final barrge of studata lambi shells. You definitely made the wrong choice!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 25, 2004 17:40:19

Sorry to say, Salutes Lover, but I'm going to have to agree with Paul. You really missed something special and exciting. It was definitely better. From what I remeber in 1998, IPON did an excellent job and an insane finale, but as Paul said, the sequencing of this year's finale was different, making it more intense and breathtaking. I thought it was better now, than in 1998.

It was well done, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're the winner. I'm rooting for them!

You really missed the wrong show! I guess you can start banging your head again!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 27, 2004 17:02:43

Oh well, I hope IPON comes back next year to represent Italy....this time, I will NOT miss the show for sure! About the video clip showing portion of the firework display by Italy, is that portion of the finale? Is there some way we can view the whole 30 minute display...I'm willing to buy....woof!

Posted: Jul 28, 2004 02:51:52

tank's smoke

I.P.O.N.

Posted: Jul 28, 2004 06:45:38   Edited by: Smoke

You're very welcome!

An incredible display. I'm really hoping that you guys win! All will be revealed at 9:00P.M.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025