Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2004 Display Reviews —› Photos of the French Towers
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 10:04:28   Edited by: fireworksforum

I've just got back from La Ronde with photos of the two Eiffel Towers the French team have errected. I've create a page with photos of these and other parts of the setup. Take a look here.

It looks like it will be a massive display too - with lots of huge 6 inch mines and nautical shells.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 10:15:37

Very very impressive, Paul.

It looks like the show will be massive. The towers are very nicely done and I have a strong feeling that this display will be very complex, unique and very creative, like Holland.

Just one question, where is the "bike wheel" going to be located? It looks so cool! I just want to know, so I'll be able to see it when I get there.

Wow! What a treat for my birthday!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 10:28:58

There's a line of bike wheels along the front of ramp three. They are less likely to stick than other forms of wheels.

Sounds like you will be there at La Ronde tonight? Let me know if you want to meet up.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 11:03:24

well those towers arent very high, i dunno u cant know for sure by watching photo

Smoke, do u think it we will be able to it from Notre Dame? (ure coming there or at La Ronde?)

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 11:30:35

Paul,

Sorry to say, but I'm most likely watching from Notre-Dame and De Lorimier. Although, it would be an honour and pleasure to meet you, face to face for the first time! I think I'll be way too shy! Maybe during the Panzera display, I'll be at La Ronde, in the silver section, not for sure, though, so maybe I'll see you there.

One question of curiosity, though. Where do you watch in La Ronde, Paul?

Anyways, I'm not sure if we'll be able to see the effects as you folks in La Ronde. However, I'm sure we'll still see plenty, Enkil. I'm probably going to be right up front on Notre-Dame, by the steel gate! Not only for old times, but also because it's my birthday. Like I said, what a treat! I wonder if they'll do an incredible finale.

I also wonder if they're going to shoot out tons of cardboard and paper in the air, like 1993! I still remember that so well, back then!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 12:27:32

Smoke i have a question

at what time do i have to arrive, to watch it by steel gate?

i MIGHT be able to go early today, maybe

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 12:42:32

Enkil,

I wouldn't specify an exact time to go to that spot, but you shouldn't get there no later than 8:00-8:10 P.M. Even by this time, most people have already taken the front views. Fortunately, today is a week day, so we might be lucky! If you're still going up there, make sure that you can a view right next to the gate, so this way you can practically see anything.

Believe me, it may be a long waiting period, but it really is worth it! I'm talking from many years of experience!

I hope that helped.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 13:18:37

Smoke,

u need to tell me exactly where i have to stand

i dont really know Notre Dame street very well, i only know ure place

i know that if i walk straight , theres is a gate, is it good there, or i have to walk more on the west side, where exactly to u recommand?

here r the intersections:
De Lorimier and Notre Dame (where u told me)
Parthenais and Notre Dame

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 13:39:08

As long as you're anywhere along the steel gate on Notre-Dame, then that's fine. You should get a good view anywhere there, regardless of where you stand. As I said before, just be right next to the gate.

And one more thing, try to stand close enough to where you parked because it's pretty tough walking back with all those people!

Enjoy. Who knows, maybe I'll see you there!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 13:48:26

Smoke, i know that u go there and have experienced it

but, i want to ask, is there any trees that can hide the view, cuz i want theres alot of trees near the ramps

im sure something special will happen tonight, thx to u, its ure birthday, ure going to be 20 yrs old, plus its the 20 anniversary, it cant get any better! lol
btw, Happy Birthday!

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 14:45:27

Enkil,

Thank you for your kind words and good wishes.

As for the trees in your view, I don't believe that there's any to block your vision of the show, by the steel gate. The only trees I know of are on the far back part of Notre-Dame. Don't worry about a thing. Once you get there, I'm sure you'll understand what I'm talking about. You will realize that you're in front of the whole thing. It's kind of like stting at La Ronde! Also, when you're there, you'll see that a lot of the higher shells will feel as if they're right over your head! It's really amazing. I think you might enjoy the show more! Especially if there's an intense finale tonight!

Anyways, do me a favour and give me some feedback on the view!

The weather is perfect and I really can't ask for more. Tomorrow is going to be even hotter!

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021