Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2005 Display Reviews —› What are your expectations from Sweden?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 5, 2005 06:02:11   Edited by: Admin

What do you expect from the swedish team, Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik?

According to their website, this firm won in 2002 and 2003 the first prize at Hannover. I have already heard that Hannover fireworks contest is, with Cannes and Macao, one of the most important in the world behind Montreal.

Also, Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik has been the winner of some prizes in a swedish festival, the "Stocholm Water Festival". I do not know exactly what it is, maybe a contest oriented toward the nautical effects. If it is the case, maybe should we expect again a lot of water-based effects, what would be very interesting from my viewpoint!

Fred

Posted: Jul 5, 2005 09:03:36

The Hannover competition is an important one. The Stockholm Water Festival is more named because of all the lakes in Denmark rather than anything specifically related to nautical fireworks (though they can be used there). As far as I know, the Water Festival doesn't exist anymore - at least as far as fireworks are concerned. As you point out, the Cannes competition is an important one - it was once the premier competition in the World.

I know the director of the company quite well and I know that their display will be a good one. I can't go into any more detail than that otherwise I would give too much away. But I do know that it will be a very original display. For those who are fans of Italian fireworks, I do know that Göteborgs use product from Ipon.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 5, 2005 12:42:33   Edited by: Smoke

I think we can expect a pretty neat display from them, let alone exciting, like the past 2.

The firm that represented Sweden did a good job back in 1994, as I recall. I'm sure this firm will do the same.

Paul, when you see the setup, let me know if it's pretty big. And yes, I am a fan of Italian displays. I'm sure we all are. So, my expectations are high.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 7, 2005 12:39:35   Edited by: fredbastien

Below is the essential of a press release edited by La Ronde today about the Swedish display. It looks like the "Postcards from Hong Kong" (2003), with a visit of six places in Sweden: a taxi cab, a concert, an amusement park (oh yeah!), a movie theater, a pub and a night club. Three 12-meter towers are going to be used, and other nautical effects are announced. Another setup which should be very interesting to see!

Fred

MONTREAL, le 7 juillet /CNW Telbec/ - A 22h le samedi 9 juillet prochain, L'International des Feux Loto-Québec de La Ronde accueillera le quatrième concurrent en lice dans la course aux Jupiters, la Suède, dignement représentée par la firme pyrotechnique Goteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik. Pour l'occasion, l'équipe suédoise tentera de conquérir le coeur des jurys avec "Un soir à Gothenburg", une grandiose expédition pyromusicale qui entraînera les spectateurs de La Ronde dans une soirée de découvertes au coeur la ville natale de l'équipe, Gothenburg.

C'est sous la direction du concepteur Martin Hildeberg que les
artificiers de Goteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik offriront leur toute première exhibition pyromusicale à Montréal. Agrémentée d'une légère narration de mise en contexte, cette magistrale prestation sera scindée en 6 tableaux - destinations : le taxi, le concert, le parc d'amusement, le cinéma, le pub et le club de nuit.

La trame musicale du spectacle compte 12 pièces et a été ingénieusement développée pour aider à construire l'histoire et entraîner les spectateurs dans des lieux et des ambiances complètement différents les uns des autres. C'est donc sur un fond de musiques classiques, de musiques de films, de musiques typiquement suédoises, de rock et de disco que les spectateurs
visiteront Gothenburg. Notamment au menu : ABBA, Khachaturian, Ponchielli, Hans Zimmer, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roxette et les Pointer Sisters.

Entre autres effets spectaculaires, l'équipe suédoise fera danser comètes et fontaines dans un ballet parfaitement synchronisé en utilisant rien de moins que 3 tours de 12 mètres à partir desquelles elle utilisera une technique de tir toute particulière, spécialité de la maison. Le spectacle sera principalement constitué de plusieurs combinaisons de 2 couleurs et inclura des pièces nautiques et des bengales flottants.

Posted: Jul 7, 2005 12:57:12

The press release above is not quite correct. There are actually 13 pieces of music listed. I've put them up in the skeleton of the report:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/cgi-bin/rep.cgi?head2005,sweden05,ta il2005

It does sound like it's going to be an interesting display though!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 7, 2005 13:34:47   Edited by: Smoke

Wow, I love most of those songs!

I can already see that this is going to be an original display which sort of turns my thoughts to Holland of last year, particularly with those 3 towers. I also think that I know what kind of effects will be shown during the segment with the soundtrack "Great Balls of Fire."

I like the selected soundtrack for the last segment. Perfect for an intense finale and well suited typically for one, too!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 8, 2005 19:24:13

I am in a hurry to see the Göteborgs FyrverkeriFabrik and also I hopes for it do not rain.

jérome

Posted: Jul 9, 2005 10:32:26   Edited by: Enkil

Jérome,

Don't be fooled by what your seeing. The system is moving slow, but we shouldn't get any precipitation tonight.

Posted: Jul 9, 2005 10:35:32

I went to La Ronde in mid-afternoon Friday and I examined the setup. A fifth ramp is going to be used again, with seven floating platforms parallel to the third ramp, at the mid-point of the lake between the latter and the audience. Several pieces were installed on the four other ramps, but the three towers were not.

It is actually raining (1:30pm) and it must be difficult to complete the setup with this weather condition. Unfortunately, I expect for tonight the lowest crowd since the beginning of this season...

Being a fanatic of rides, I am thrilled to see the sequence of the show about the amusement park, for sure Liseberg Park, which is located in Gothenburg.

Fred

Posted: Jul 9, 2005 11:17:25

Guys,

As Enkil mentioned, we should be fine this evening, though you can expect the odd sprinkle, but nothing like what you're seing right now. Once again, as I said, this is the remnants of Cindy.

And I agree with Fred, this will probably be the smallest crowd tonight. Similar to that of Australia.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 9, 2005 14:46:00

Hi Everyone,

I don't care if the weather is nice or if it rains cats and dogs this evening.....nothing will stop me from standing on the bridge, so I can watch another firework display

I am praying for salutes to bombard us all.....LOL

Let's go, Sweden!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 9, 2005 15:01:07

This evening, I will try to remember to look at the Molson clock to notice the time, right after a segment that I really enjoyed. That way, I can include the time it was in my comments tomorrow, as I describe what got me so excited!

Enjoy the display!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 9, 2005 15:51:05

Alright then, Pierre. Have a good time! I'm sure we'll get a nice and potentially intense show, especially with some familiar soundtrack!

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020