Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2005 Display Reviews —› Prizing Ceremony on Rythme FM ?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 30, 2005 00:28:15

Hello,

does Rythme FM broadcast the Ceremony ?

So we could follow the ceremony on the internet radio...
http://www.rythmefm.com/mtl/popup_radio.html

At what time do they start broadcasting from LaRonde ?

*Stardust*

Posted: Jul 30, 2005 04:13:31

I'm not sure what time they start broadcasting - in anycase, the prize ceremony is usually somewhat earlier than the normal pre-display ceremonies. I think you need to start listening at around 21:00 Montreal time to be sure of hearing the results.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 30, 2005 07:53:30

This year, Rythme FM is the new broadcaster of the Montreal International Fireworks Contest. Before, it was CITE Rock-Détente and this radio channel did not broadcast the closing ceremony, but I believe that the speaker announced the winners as soon as possible, between two songs. But, it remains possible that Rythme FM is going to change this tradition by broadcasting the ceremony...

As Paul wrote, the closing ceremony usually begins at 9:00pm and the results are disclosed a couple of minutes later, between 9:20 and 9:30pm, or something like that.

Fred

Posted: Jul 30, 2005 08:42:59   Edited by: Smoke

Do you guys know when they shoot up fireworks for the winners? I just want know so I know when to start walking on Notre-Dame. I want to be up front early tonight.

Is it also between 9:20 and 9:30? I think I remember this is the past years.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 30, 2005 11:24:31

Trav,

You are right. There are one set of shells and some other pieces for each winner. These pieces explode each time that the name of a winning contestant is pronounced. So, it should be between 9:15 and 9:30. Be ready for 9:00pm, you will be sure to do not miss any thing.

Fred

Posted: Jul 30, 2005 21:12:02

Fred,

Thanks a lot! I figured that would be the case. It's funny that I still keep forgetting when it's actually time, especially since it has been 16 years!

I'm sure you also were surprised with tonight's results!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 31, 2005 10:23:04

I'm quite happy with Rythme FM. They broadcasted the resultats without any interruption! Never CITE attempted to do this. But I miss the host, Eric Godlin! lol

Though, I wish Rythme FM could broadcasts more of Michel Lacroix's speeches before the display instead of always putting songs!

Posted: Aug 2, 2005 10:17:58

Well, since I really didn't listen to the former station much, I can say that this one is informative and comprehensive! I had a good time listening just before 9 P.M all the way to when the winners were ready to be announced.

I think I will do this more often next season!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019