Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2004 Display Reviews —› Opening display photos (including Circus Orange)
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 07:02:37

I've put up the photos from the opening display. There's a dramatic one of Circus Orange in full performance!

Enjoy,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 08:43:04   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

I saw the pic with the perfromance. It really is something else! And I can clearly see how much work and effort that must've taken to accomplish that performance!

That's also an original and unique picture out of the others on the forum because there's actually people involved and integrated to the display.

Once again, some nice pics for the opening display!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 13:01:52   Edited by: nantel

I got some as well. They are not bad considering that I was at a friend's condo near the old port.

http://www.digitalapoptosis.com

Can't figure out that linky thing ;-)

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 13:29:35   Edited by: fireworksforum

nantel,

thanks for sharing your photos with us - they're pretty cool. Only suggestion I can make is that you might want to play with levels and curves of your photos a bit to bring out more detail either with photoshop or, if you don't want to pay anything, try The Gimp ( http://www.gimp.org ). I use the gimp on all the images on this site to give them the best look without having files that are too large.

I hope you will share any future photos you take of the competition with us!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 13:36:56

Nantel,

Some very nice pics here, as well. I like the way the fireworks are integrated with the bridge. But, I can also imagine that you also felt that there were times when nothing much was happening, since you were at the Old Port. All the performances, done by the Circus Orange, can be seen at La Ronde. However, if it's your first time, then it would be beneficical!

Trav.

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 14:36:41

I've just uploaded three more pictures, including another one of Circus Orange.

Enjoy!

Paul.

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 14:51:17

If anyone else has any photos of our group Circus Orange I would love to get digital copies (for our records, performers and possibly our web site). We have some video but no stills. Hi-Res pics would be happily accepted here:
tc(at)circusorange.com
Hoping if I write it like that I won't get spammed to death by the bots.
I have a good e-mail account and can accept around 10mb per message.

Thanks!

TC

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 15:56:47

Tom, send an email to Bob Burch - his email is linked on the photos page - I'm sure he can arrange something with you. The photos that are on my page are from slides scanned at 3000x2000 pixels and so I think that'll be high enough resolution for you

Bob's website is at http://www.burchcom.com

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 17:59:14

Paul,

Approximately how many pictures does Bob Burch take per display, on average each year?

And how many more do you have for the opening display?

Trav.

Posted: Jun 15, 2004 18:25:35

Bob has been known to take over 100 pictures during a display - that's three 36 exposure films. I think he has been known to get through four films! Given that the displays are only 30 minutes long, that's around 3 photos per minute and all of them are time exposures plus it takes time to change the film.

I only have the photos that Bob sends to me - he said he will give us six per display this year since my other photographer, Steve Austin, cannot make it to the competition unfortunately.

We should consider ourselves very lucky to get Bob's pictures since he's one of the leading pyrotechnic photographers in the world!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 16, 2004 07:07:56

Bob's pictures are that popular and well-known? I can see why they're state-of-the-art pics. Yes, we're very lucky, indeed!

I can also see that's quite a lot of film that he uses within a roughly 30-minute duration display! It also must be quite costly and expensive for all that film! But, it's worth it!

And yes, unfortunately, it would've of been nice to also have some of Steve Austin's pics, so this way we could have more additional pictures. I guess that doesn't matter, though, because at least we're still getting a few! So, I suppose we can't really complain!

BTW, what type of camera does he use to get those pictures? I'm just curious.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 17, 2004 15:04:42

hi paul from sunny madrid

looks like im going to miss some excellent shows this year but as you know im out of town for several mths. weather conditions looked good for saturdays show unlike most of last year.
congrats on your supervisor liscence. regards to all at show

steve

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019