Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Tickets vs Bridge
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 7, 2004 21:12:47

I'm returning to Montreal from Dallas primarily for the fireworks displays. We'll be in town for Holland and China. I was originally planning to buy tickets for Saturday and try to watch Wednesday from the bridge, but when I went to order tickets there were Gold level tickets available for Wednesday and I decided, what the hell, after buying plane tickets and hotel rooms what's a few extra bucks to go first class. Now my question is, should I buy Silver level tickets for Saturday, or is the experience from the bridge equal/different from the park.

We saw the Portugal show in 2002 and were totally blown away. Couldn't make it back last year, but for now we're planning on making it an annual event. Maybe next year we'll make it Saturday to Saturday and get 3 shows.

Anyway, just wanted some input on options besides watching inside the park.

Thanks,

Alan

Posted: Jul 8, 2004 05:55:49

My personal opinion is that, especially this year with the displays being so amazing due to the 20th anniversary, you'd regret it if you wer not in the park. Also, many people think the silver section tickets give a better view than the gold ones but I've never sat in the gold section.

Saturday's show will have many low level effects and sequences that will not be well appreciated from the bridge or anywhere else. I'd say to get silver section tickets, especially as you're coming from so far.

Cheers,

Paul.,

Posted: Jul 8, 2004 07:44:41

Alan,

After coming such a long way, why not just get the best views! I've been to the Silver section many times in the past, while at La Ronde, and I must say that you won't be disappointed. It offers a nice view and thus you'll see plenty, especially, as Paul said, that there will be a lot of low level effects for this particular display this coming Saturday. So, in essence, you should benefit from the park.

I definitely agree. Buy tickets for the Silver section. I guess it's only proper for you to see the 20th anniversay displays form such a view!

I wouldn't say the bridge is bad, but you could miss a lot, especially low level effects. Your best bet is the park.

BTW, more real summery weather for Caballer this Saturday, kinda like IPON's weather last week, maybe even warmer!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 8, 2004 13:36:19

I would get whatever tickets you can in either section.

Silver is best, in my opinion, front and center. The gold section gets you a seat with a back on it and a beverage. Not worth the difference in price.

Iowa Tom

Posted: Jul 9, 2004 07:44:25

Might as well enjoy the show with top noche seats!

Plus, this is Spain, and I wouldn't want you to miss out on such a grand show and opportunity to get right up front! As Tom said, not to worry too much about the difference in price! It's definitely worth it!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 9, 2004 21:32:36

I wish I could catch Spain, but I'll still be in Texas. Looking forward to Holland and China, though!!

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 16:28:44

can anyone tell me where the bridge is?
and maybe even driving directions from university and sherbrooke?

thanks so much,
brian

Posted: Jul 22, 2004 13:35:42

The bridge is closed to motor traffic at 8pm so you would have to park your car and walk. Car access to the bridge is from Sherbrooke street east - just keep going east along Sherbrooke from University and follow the signs for Pont Jacques Cartier. Or look on a bus/metro map. They are free in all metro stations. The nearest metro station is Papineau. Take a look at the "where to view the fireworks from" page on this website (under the "Information" section).

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022