Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› is there anybody knows it?
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 6, 2004 21:10:49

Hello,
Sun here, i have ran acorss a problem that's someone asked me the "white flare" it puzzled me, so i look it up in every book i have to get it, but can't solve it, so im here, and put it out and ask for help and sincerely hope you can lend me a hand, and another more, how to make the white flare.
Sun

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 11:23:17

Sun,

white fire is one of the most basic pyrotechnic compositions. I suggest you either borrow or buy a good book on pyrotechnics. Note, however, that a list of ingredients is only the beginning to understand how to make a pyrotechnic effect, just like a list of ingredients for a recipe is only the first stage in creating a delicious dish.

If you want a good source of pyrotechnic books, go to:

http://skylighter.com/mall/books.asp

There are many to chose from. As in any craft, the more you read and learn, the better and safer you will be. Undertaking the mixing of pyrotechnic compositions should not be attempted without serious thought for the consequences and you should always have an emergency and safety plan. Like any other chemical work, you will, of course, keep a detailed lab book on what materials you have and the procedures you follow. Consistency is something which the masters of fireworks are always striving for. As for safety, you have to ask the question: which parts of my body do I not mind losing? If you can answer this question and formulate a good safety plan, then you might be ready to start along the road to being a pyrotechnic chemist.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 12:46:21   Edited by: Smoke

Sun,

I'm happy to hear that you're interested in the chemistry in the field of pyrotechnics! I'm very intrigued, myself, in the way it's done to make the different effects, such as colour, shape and size and so forth. Really quite fascinating stuff. However, it's a very complex field of study and you really have to know what you're doing!

Paul's right about the safety precautions, though. You really should be careful if you're planning on using different varieties of chemicals and compounds. They're many ingredients and combonations to make certain effects in pyrotechnics. As Paul also says, make sure you have a safety plan and procedures that you can follow safely! A pyrotechnic book is also a very good idea. Paul had mentioned one, but he had also mentioned one to me when I was talking pyrotechnic chemistry.

He posted this in another topic so you can check this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0913022004/qid=1085

You can also check this one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0820603546/qid=108515230 8/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3384171-3653713?v=glance&s=books

This is another one mentioned by Paul.

Very detailed books and great for understanding pyrotechnics.

Remember, keep safe!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 03:00:34

Hello
thank you very much for your advices and i'm so happy for your friendly help. i learn a lot from their web and get what i want. But you know im a Chinese fireworks fan, would they like to mail them to me?
Sun

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 07:46:01   Edited by: Smoke

Sun,

I believe that they can do this, but, of course, I'm certain you'll have to pay for shipping and handling costs. I'm not discouraging you, though! They've got some excellent reviews on these books, so you can read about them. From what I read, I think it would be worth the purchase, especially since you're a Chinese fireworks fan!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 18:32:48

hello,
Trav and Paul, Sun here thx for your advice, yes, it costs to buy a book from abord, so i will follow your advice, read what u said and ask u when i have problems.
another one, what does the" titanium metal powder" mean? and what for?
thanks for your advice.
best regards.
Sun

Posted: Aug 14, 2004 07:18:09

Sun,

I'm not that quite sure of that particular powder. I'm sure Paul would be able to tell you. I wouldn't ming knowing myself!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 15, 2004 18:44:51

Trav:
im sun. thank you very much, im now know that mental but "atomised ( spherical particles) around 75-- 200 cm, or ground titanium," what's that?
thanks.
Sun

Posted: Aug 15, 2004 19:07:04   Edited by: Smoke

Sun,

Perhaps this site might help:

http://huizen.dds.nl/~wfvisser/compoDB.html

Paul had posted it a while back and I figure it would be of use to you. You might also find what you're looking for. I find it very useful and understandable.

You might also want to check this:

http://cc.oulu.fi/~kempmp/colours.html

Another great site and very good content.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 17:44:31

Hello
Thanks Trav, i had just followed your advice visited the two web above. great ones useful for me, and i gain so much about it, about fireworks colcors and effects.
Many thanks and best regards.
Sun

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 06:44:05

Sun,

No problem! Glad I can be of help.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 18:40:30

Hello,
Trav, milly again, thank you very much for your kindly help, and im now want to make fireworks friends and gain more about foreign fireworks , would you please give me some advices?
Thanks a lot.
Sun

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 17:21:59

Hello,
Trav and Paul, sun here. im a member of http://www.fireworkstown.com
and i would like to update our news everyday, so i need everything about fireworks everyday, esp. the daily news, so i hope you can give me some advice about these? many thanks.
Sun

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 20:13:41

Sun,

I'm glad to see that you're also a member of that forum, as well.

It would a pleasure to tell you the latest info that goes on about our competition or anything else that goes on in the field and world of pyrotechnics!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 30, 2004 08:55:16

I am chinese firecraker , if you want know what's things ,please send email to me
email :taobiao2383@yeah.net

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 01:47:11

Trav,
thank you very much for your kindly help and so many useful suggestion, they are now playing an very important role in my daily work. and i learn so much from them, and now is ten days before the tourism festival opening ceremory in Hunan, China. and fortunately the opening cerempry will held here. as the birthplace of fireworks, it will certainly play a very important role in the ceremory, so there will be many fireworks lovers here. hope many people can be here on 12th, Sep.
Sun

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 13:01:06   Edited by: Smoke

Sun,

No problem! It's always a pleasure to help you, and I'm more than delighted that I, and other members of the forum, could be of service.

One question, are you planning on coming to Montreal next year? You really should consider!

As for the fireworks in Hunan, I hope that you, and everyone else enjoy it! It should be good!

Please tell me about it after!

Best regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 3, 2004 19:20:11

Trav,
Thank you very much, im so happy to hear that you and other members wiil help me. Yeah, i will consider your suggestion of watching montreal fireworks next year, and would be glad to tell you about the display here, it's eight days before it, then i will try to tell you as much as possible.
Sun

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 07:59:07

Sun,

Thank you. I would be a pleasure to hear about this display from you! It sounds pretty cool!

I'm really hoping that you can make it to Montreal next summer! I really wouldn't want you to miss out on the biggest fireworks competition in the world! You'll be amazed with the whole thing. From the materials and creativity used to the breathtaking finales! You'll also be fascinated with all the things that go on in the competition.

Sun, this is a big opportunity for you and you've got lots of time to think about it. In fact, I would be honored if you could come! I'm sure Paul would say the same thing! I don't want you to miss this!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 8, 2004 19:46:45

Hi,
Trav, im really glad that you invite me to see the competition. I will go there if i have had the chance, and it's only two days before the opening ceremory, and these factories have been getting ready for the large outdoor fireworks display, and the ticekts are sold out, many foreigners come here to visit, ang enjoy it.

Posted: Sep 9, 2004 12:53:28

Sun,

That's good to hear! I'm sure that many foreigners come to see it.

Tell me all about the display!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 9, 2004 19:30:33

Hello,
Trav, OK! i will do my best to tell you all about the display. So it's two days before the display. The government, factories, people here are getting ready for it.
Regards.
Sun

Posted: Sep 9, 2004 20:14:31

Sun,

That;s great. How long is the display? Do you know what type of materials are going to be used?

I'll save the rest for later.

Thx.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 10, 2004 17:53:04

Hello,
Trav, glad to be here to read your reply. The display will be on next evening over Liuyang River, we are located in the International Fireworks Exhibition And Trade Center, many fireworks manufacture factory sales agents are now opened again preparing for their customers, there are so many kinds of products, i can't tell them all, we can hear the sound of candles, rockets and shells which are displaying outside, there are so many people from different areas come here. i think they use electronic systems to fire it, waterfall, display shells, willow, peony, etc.
Regards.
Sun

Posted: Sep 10, 2004 18:13:45

Sun,

I'm impressed! Such great product!

I hope that you guys see some girandolas! Those will be spectacular over the river, especially the gold glittering ones!

Thanks for the update! It's great to have a fireworks display in Liuyang! Make sure that you get a good view!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 12, 2004 19:14:05

Hello,
Trav, thank you very much for replying me. Yup, a great display !!http://www.fireworkstown.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12&PN=1
In the forum there are some photos about fireworks here as well as the firewroks display photos, sincerely hope you can visit here to see the international fireworks exhibition and dispaly center.

Posted: Sep 12, 2004 19:26:45

Sorry , i can find these photo now, while we are dealing with others

http://photo.rednet.com.cn/Articles/2004/09/611526.HTM

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 18:13:09

Sorry. the link i released yesterday didn't work, so im here to release it again.

http://www.fireworkstown.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12&PN=1

Sun

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 16:43:47

Sun,

Thx a lot!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 17:18:50

Hello,
Trav, it's my pleasure to share those wonderful pictures with so many fireworks fans, for we all like them very much, hope we can share more.
Regards,
Sun

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024