Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Reporting: There Was A Fireworks Display Last Wedn
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 13:38:43

its been in talks for a few days now

if u go to
http://xtremelaronde.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=Discuss

someone is reporting that there was fireworks coming from La Ronde, last Wednesday, at around 11:00, it lasted for 10 min

heres the latest post by "SuperCyberFlash"

"Les feux d'artifices qui provennaient de La Ronde était fait spécialement pour l'émission Occupation Double.
Les couples ont été fêté a La Ronde....et on pris du champagne pres de la grande roue
Et voila!!!"

heres another post by "Striker"

"C'etait pas long, genre, 10 minutes. Ca peté assez fort, il y avait du monde dans rue qui checkait ca avec moi. C'etait je pense vers 11:00pm.
Entk, croyer moi pas, mais ca venait de La Ronde, je le jure... "

if this is true, aruuuuuuuugh

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 14:45:05

Enkil,

Are you serious?! Well, that's strange! I wanted to see it! Where Striker says "il y avait du monde dans la rue," I guess people were on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame. Darn it! Oh well....

Anyways, Enkil, did you see that thunderstorm yesturday?

Trav.

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 15:14:34

i didnt really see any thunderstorms

it was happening else where, cuz we were hearing it and the lights where going almost off, maybe it was from Montreal, since im near Montreal, i think it was a strong one

"I wanted to see it! Where Striker says "il y avait du monde dans la rue," I guess people were on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame."

prolly not, he lives in East of Montreal and was watching from his house, i dont think there would be ppl on Notre-Dame street, cuz no body knew about it!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 15:53:44   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

It was strong. I live in the West Island and the storm passed directly over our area! Thr rains were heavy and the lightning was strong, but not frequent like the big one we had in August, plus there were loud thunderboomers. It was vibrating. I also know that it went to the greater Montreal area right after and intensified. All I have to say is that it was a pretty good storm to end off the summer! I watched from my usual spot. I saw a fork-like lightning shape! Then the thunder went!

If you only were hearing it, that means that you could either see it from a distance or it just clipped your area. Did you see any impressive lightning bolts from your house?

As for the "surprise display," I guess no one was notified about it, so I guess people in the streets of Montreal at the time were fortunate enough to see it.

BTW, today is the last day of Summer. However, tomorrow's forecast is looking summer-like! But, then a cool down for the rest of the week, so enjoy tomorrow, because this may be the last time we will experience this kind of weather, well not definitely, I hope!

Trav.

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 16:10:49

there was no rain, no lightning, i only heard it as if it was coming from somewhere else

there was a moment where it was a BIT shaky

but i imagine it was only happening in Montreal

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 16:17:42

"En regardant le preview a TVA.
Les couples sont a La Ronde proche de la grande roue et ils sont surpris par des feux d'artifices. En plus, le parc semble fermer au public.
Je ne vois pas d'autres scenario possible...Ont le saura Mercredi lors de l'émission." by SuperCyberFlash

be sure to watch it!!!! ill going to record it

it says it will show this Wednesday, but on the show's site its says Thursday at 8pm

i think this show is like For Love Or Money

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 16:20:58

J'avais lu cette rumeur dans le forum Xtreme La Ronde. Je dois avouer avoir été très sceptique jusqu'à ce qu'un intervenant précise qu'il s'agissait d'un tournage pour l'émission "Occupation Double".

Depuis la privatisation de La Ronde, il est désormais possible de louer le parc, en tout ou en partie, pour y tenir des événements privés. Ce tournage en était sûrement un. À ma connaissance, cependant, c'est la première fois qu'on y tient un feu d'artifice "privé".

Il serait intéressant de savoir si le feu a été produit par un sous-contractant ou s'il est le fruit de l'équipe pyrotechnique de La Ronde.

Frédérick

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 16:28:17   Edited by: Enkil

bonne question!

i even asked them if it was a high quality show like the usuall, we could prolly know from that

ill ask again later

Posted: Sep 21, 2004 18:22:40

i THINK i can confirm that it will shown on Thursday after getting the latest from that board

FINALLY, something to look foward too!

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 00:04:44

Yeah, great pleasure for pyro to know fireworks display, for there are something to know and to look forward.
Regards,
Sun

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 15:43:27

What?

There's another one on Wednesday????? Anybody have more details?

Trav.

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 15:51:38

no, u misunderstood

tomorrow night at 8pm, check the TVA channel, the fireworks of last Wednesday will be shown on a episode called "Occupation Double"

its a 1 hour show

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 16:27:12

What channel is TVA? I have satellite, so I have to search around for it.

BTW, you mentioned that you might record it. Does this eman that you're going to add it to your video, Enkil?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 16:51:52

no, i WISH i could!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont have the tools/knowledge how to do that, but i know theres a way to record VHS to computer

i will just record it on a VHS, but they prolly wont show the whole thing, but how cares, its still something coming from La Ronde

Smoke, TVA is a french channel, check in satellite guides, it might be there

u can also just take a TV and put an antenna, go to channel 10 and there u have it

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 17:04:38

Thx.

We can discuss it after we see it. The display is only about 10 minutes in longevity, although the program is an hour on TVA. I'll be checking for the channel tonight so I can get it easily when it's starts.

Enkil, meet me back here as soon as the show is over. We can discuss it then.

I think it's great that we can see it! I hope everybody on the forum will watch it.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 17:28:11

Enkil

Will the show on TV tomorrow be just in Montreal or can you see it in Ontario too.

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 17:29:33

Smoke, i wont watch it, becuz Friday i have a huge math exam, and i finished all my homeworks today, so that tomorrow i do the whole night maths

i will record for personal use, but i will watch it friday night, i wont loose 1:30hours (its not 60min, its 90min, my mistake) for a segment, it corrupts me

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 17:33:52

Hi Brad

i dont think so, when i went this summer to Ontario, there wasnt any french channels (with an antenna)

if u have french channels, u'll prolly have TVA, cuz its huge network here

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 17:42:13

Hi Enkil

Just went to see if I can get that and I can it is on chanel 68 cogeco what is the show about.

Brad

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 17:57:44

i believe, its a show like For love or money, buch of men and women and they have to eliminate each other (something like that) nothing to do with fireworks, but i read that there will be a part where a man and a woman r near the ferris wheel watching the fireworks (?) something like that

Smoke, if u watch it and they show it, if u want do a topic here "Review of Wednesday's Fireworks" that would be kewl!!! it will our last review hehe, and do post ure "review" or just comment, i post mine Friday

Posted: Sep 23, 2004 12:35:35

Enkil,

I've found the channel on satellite yesturday, so I'll be watching it tonight.

As you say, I'll start off the topic and get my review up, as soon as I've see the display.

If you have time, you can check my review, and yes, it may be our last reviews of fireworks 2004. Be sure to get study hard first, though! Don't wait for last minute to study for a math exam!

I'll see you tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026