Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Fireworks Display at La Ronde on Canada Day?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 21:29:17

According to two sources, there will be a special 30 minutes fireworks display at La Ronde on Canada Day at 10pm.

Feux d'artifice : Beau temps, mauvais temps, des feux d'artifice embraseront le ciel du Vieux-Port (30 minutes). Cette année, les feux partiront de La Ronde, dans le cadre de l'International des Feux Loto-Québec.

https://ethnomania.com/m/events/view/Fete-du-Canada-a-Montreal

La Ronde is Quebec’s biggest amusement park sure, but it’s especially special on Canada Day. Get your fireworks fix right from the source and experience them from as close to the launch pad as you can be. La Ronde offers waterfront seats (and food and drinks) at the La Ronde bistro where you can see the fireworks from the launching pad across the water. The synchronized music that accompanies the fireworks plays through La Ronde’s house speakers. It costs money to get into La Ronde but once you’re there, you’re in prime territory. Battle the Goliath during the day and relax to first-hand fireworks at night.

When: Sunday, July 1
Time: 11 am – 11:30 (special Canada Day hours)

http://dailyhive.com/montreal/montreal-canada-day-weekend-events-june- 29-july-2

But according to La Ronde's website, the park will close at 9pm...

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 21:48:06

It is not impossible that La Ronde provides its infrastructure for the event, as it did for the 375th anniversary fireworks events. However, it looks that these unofficial sources feature a "copy and paste" of the 2017 descriptive.

The official website doesn't provide the same information. While the fireworks are scheduled at 10pm, the Quai Jacques-Cartier is the reported location (that is, where the fireworks are launched during the Fire on Ice event) and the whole line-up of activities is supposed to end at 10:15pm.

http://www.feteducanadamontreal.org/activites.html

Fred

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 07:34:14

There's definitely NO fireworks at La Ronde today. As Fred said, it's being held at the Quai Jacques-Cartier at 10pm. Last year was different as July 1st was on a Saturday, so this fit into the schedule for displays at La Ronde. This year is the latest the fireworks competition has ever started. I remember back in the 1990s when the 1st display of the season was held on the last weekend in May!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 3, 2018 13:52:12   Edited by: Smoke

Did anyone attend the display at the Quai Jacques-Cartier? If so, how was it? I tried looking on YoutTube for any videos, but I couldn't find anything.

A bit late for my usual formal thread (due to being pre-occupied with multiple tasks on July 1st), but I hope that everyone had a nice Canada Day (2018)! This was one of the hottest Canada Days in recorded history, too.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019