Saturday - June 20
Saturday - June 27
Saturday - July 4
Saturday - July 11
Wednesday - July 15
Saturday - July 18
Wednesday - July 22
Wednesday - July 29

http://www.montrealinfo.com/fr/nouvelles/2019-11-21/36e-edition-de-l-i nternational-des-feux-loto-quebec

For now, La Ronde official website and Facebook page do not feature any schedule.

Fred

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 09:56:16

Thanks for sharing this, Fred. If this holds true, this would appropriately begin on the first day of Summer! It looks like the eight-display structure, but I would assume that the first show is off-competition. Maybe France on July 22nd?

Trav.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 08:26:51

I don't like the final two displays being on Wednesdays. I don't understand how the La Ronde Marketing Department can think this is a good idea I guess the format with 6 competitors and two-off competition shows is pretty much set in stone now. I miss the days when we had 7 or 8 competitors.

Paul.

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 14:45:30

La Ronde website now confirms the aforementioned schedule:

https://www.laronde.com/fr/larondefr/special-events/festival/%C3%A0-ve nir-saison-2019

It also specifies that June 20 will feature an opening show, presumably off-competition as it was over the past few years.

As Paul wrote, I miss the days when we had 7 or 8 (even 9!) competitors. At least, the pace of the competition won't be as rushed as it was in 2019.

Fred

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 22:51:37

Nice to see a more drawn out schedule next year. It's not great when half the season is at the same time as the Just for Laughs and a lot of other major events.

In terms of the Wednesday closing show: it's not ideal for some, but it is the construction holiday. There may have been a reason why La Ronde was asked to avoid the Saturday. Maybe there is bridge work planned...

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 10:58:24

It's the Osheaga Week-end. They have done it last year. They're was to much people rushing to get out of the island at the same time.

Posted: Jan 2, 2020 14:10:31

Is there a financial advantage to doing the non-competition opening and closing shows?
I get that there is an advantage to doing the final night, it allows them to award the trophies that night without needing to have people wait around after show (for judges to tabulate scores). But the opening show being non-comp has always struck me as odd.
Only 6 teams gives competitors a 50% chance of getting a Jupiter.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019