Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› DVD recording Cameras
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 27, 2005 11:23:45

Which type of DVD recording camera is recommanded to record fireworks? How much do they cost (in Canada, like Futureshop)?

A camera that records a blank DVDR, do they exist? For how long can you record?

I'm not looking foward to buy one right now. But in the future, I'd like to buy one myself. Do you think that in 3 - 5 years, the prices will get even lower?

Posted: Feb 28, 2005 06:13:12   Edited by: Smoke

Sounds like a good idea, Enkil. I was thinking of purchasing one myself, but I never got down to it.

However, I'm sure that prices will get lower, depending on what model you want, as newer ones come out all the time.

Anyways, if you're ever planning on doing this, make sure that you bring a tripod.

Trav.

Posted: Feb 28, 2005 12:14:01

Which type of DVD recording camera is recommanded to record fireworks? How much do they cost (in Canada, like Futureshop)?
-I have a very nice panasonic which i have seen being used by other pyrofans. The must-have features are:
-Manual focus ring
-Manual lightsensitivity (directly accessible)
-Wide angle lens

And there's cameras which record on a DVD-R but i don't see the idea... as far as i know you can't record for more than 45 minutes...

Hope it helps?

Lars

Posted: Feb 28, 2005 14:44:46   Edited by: Enkil

Lars could you list me all the features I need? Is there any more freatures I need from those you listed?

I tried to search on Google, but it's confusing. Could you show me a list of camcorders that are good for fireworks?

I prefer one that directly records on a DVDR.

Basicly, I want one that will give me the same quality as the mondialsaq.com's videos

Posted: Mar 1, 2005 08:21:43

Enkil,

That's the main features - i'm not into the details. And i don't know what's on the market besides this, which is pyro-suitable. But i can recommend panasonics versions with manual focus-ring... That'll give you more than the quality of the web-clips.

Lars

Posted: Mar 1, 2005 08:59:37

Thanks for help.
Interessing, I found a Canadian Panasonic site
http://www.panasonic.ca/english/audiovideo/video/palmcorder/index.asp

Most of the camcorders have a Focus (Auto / Manual). The cheapest one was a VHS lol.

I still find them kinda expensive. With that price, you can literally buy a new computer! I'll wait a few years when I start working or maybe someone will me buy one or something.

Hopefully the competition will last by then

Posted: Mar 1, 2005 21:03:58

The competition will always last.

BTW, what's with the underlining words I've seen recently? They are set as a hyperlink, but most of them seem to lead to nowhere.

I don't get it.

On topic, I probably will bring by video camera to the competition this year. Of course, with a tripod.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 1, 2005 21:29:33

Smoke,

You've got Spyware!!! Say hello to your new nightmare lol

You need to install Spybot.

You can get information from http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022-10289035.html? tag=list

Does it happen only on this site?

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 07:56:36

Enkil,

Yes, it only happens on this site. Certain words are set as a hyperlink, like "fireworks." That word should be underlined in my post.

I checked out the link, so I'll see what I can do.

BTW, we're in March now. 3 months to go. Can you believe it?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 08:02:37

Smoke,

Could you post an URL? Does it link to an advertising site?

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 17:43:27

Enkil,

All it says is that the page cannot be displayed when I click on the words set as a hyperlink.

I'm not sure if I can post URLs.

Huh? Finally! I've reached 1000 posts!

Trav.

Posted: Mar 2, 2005 19:20:47

I'm at 599, lol, never realized!

Why can't you post the link?

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 11:31:41

Which link, Enkil?

BTW, on my other pc, everything is normal.

Oh yes, I forgot to tell you. I will be attending university in September. I was supposed to go in January, but many things were closed at that time, including what I wanted to major into. So, I was left with no choice. This was the case at Mc Gill. At Concordia, however, I was accepted in my second program choice, but I still wanted to wait.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 15:25:39   Edited by: Enkil

You said you getting hyperlink and led you no where. Post me the URL, the link of the hyperlink.

Anyway, so now you have vacation until September?!

Well, I'm mostly likely going to College this September. I'm going to Édouard-Montpetit at Longueil. I'm going in Techniques de denturologie.

I didn't know what I wanted to do. So some guy invited me to this. I was lucky enough to visit with him the school.

Posted: Mar 3, 2005 22:29:43

Enkil,

Sorry for the late reply.

Actually, it's different now. Instead of always saying the "the page cannot be displayed," I'm lead here now:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

And it's good that you're looking into college now. I always thought you would go to John Abbott or Vanier. Well, no big deal.

As for my vacatiom, well, yes, I guess you could say that I'm off until September, but I'm still working my brain and reviewing notes and texts. You could forget a lot of things from January till September!

And I guess you're on March break now. That's good. However, you still get homework! That defies the whole puprose of "break."

And are you feeling excited? The competition is not that far!

Plus, it's ahrd to believe all the posts coming in here all of a sudden. January throughout February, there was NO ONE! i really think that it was the first time is was ever that quiet for such a long time.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 4, 2005 21:44:40

"Actually, it's different now. Instead of always saying the "the page cannot be displayed," I'm lead here now:"

You should check the link I gave to you, you might have spyware or something.

"And I guess you're on March break now. That's good. However, you still get homework! That defies the whole puprose of "break."

lol Actually I didn't have any homework, expect I had to prepare for the final exams. Sucks, it's hard to work your brain during vacation.

Posted: Mar 7, 2005 08:36:57

Enkil,

Sorry for the late reply again!

You were lucky not to have any homework! My brother had quite a bit on his hands!

And today is a typical Winter day. Funny how all the snow comes right before Spring is almost here.

As for the link problem, it's disappeared now and everything is normal.

And speaking of Spring, we're getting closer and closer. Where did all that time go?

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025