Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› fallas the Valencia
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 2, 2005 12:48:38

Hello

we just put some nice movies from shows from Fallas the Valencia online.

please feel free te see and enjoy them. Let us know in the englisch forum from our website how you liked our movies and website.

have fun

www.pyro-reports.com

greetings from holland

Posted: Apr 8, 2005 22:14:14

Hello Thunder Lady,

Thanks for posting the pryr-reports site. Its very awesome.

I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of shell this is on this page: http://www.pyro-reports.com/movie/zurich/indexmannheim.html

much appreciated
Tre

Posted: Apr 9, 2005 07:03:40

That would be a farfalle shell - an Italian cylindrical shell filled with titanium tourbillon inserts. The one in the photo looks like it has two concentric rings of tourbillons - I'd guess that it was probably made by IPON - Benito Pagano makes absolutely wonderful farfalle shells.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 9, 2005 08:16:03

So that's what they're called. I see them used quite often.

Paul, what's a "tourbillon"?

And another question, which is off topic, but are you going to put up the winner from last year? Just a reminder, but I know that you're a busy guy.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 9, 2005 15:39:43

A tourbillon is a device that spins on its axis and emits sparks - think of what it means in French and it makes sense.

OK, I've fixed the winners list

Paul.

Posted: Apr 11, 2005 09:33:42

Paul,

Thanks for the expanation. It truly, indeed, makes sense when you interpret the French terminology.

And thanks for putting up the winner from last year.

BTW, when is the press conference?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 12, 2005 10:44:29

Thanks for the info Paul,
Tre

Posted: Apr 12, 2005 10:55:30

Paul,

Would you happen to know what kind of shell it is where there is an initial explosion and then there is a bunch of sparkling lights falling downward. I would describe it as a waterfall in the sky. The sparkling lights last a while. I don't how else to describe it. Hope you can help.

thanks,
Tre

Posted: Apr 21, 2005 15:26:01   Edited by: Lars

Hi Tre

I know I'm not Paul, but i'll try to "give it a shot"

It sounds like the shell named skymine, niagra-falls-shell, horsetail, or falling-leave-shell. These are not "exploding" but breaking while igniting the chemicals inside, which have a long burning time compared to ordinary shells like peonies.

I don't know it that was what you meant? As far as i understand it's coloured, silver or golden shells you are referring to and not glittering/flashing?

Regards,
Lars

Posted: Apr 23, 2005 11:33:49   Edited by: Smoke

Lars,

You seem to know a lot! Perhaps you can help me identify all the names of all the types of fireworks.

Trav.

Posted: Apr 26, 2005 11:12:38

Hit me

Posted: May 3, 2005 11:42:07

Hey Lars,

Sorry for the late reply.

What do you call those fireworks that look like palm trees? Are those weeping willow shells or something?

Trav.

Posted: May 3, 2005 22:03:41

In technical terms, those are called "Palm Tree shells".

Sorry, couldn't resist replying!

Posted: May 4, 2005 08:41:05

Thanks anonymous, but then what are those weeping willows? And what do they look like?

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022