Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Can you imagine if...
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 9, 2005 11:35:23   Edited by: Smoke

Can you imagine if all the hundreds of thousands of people who attend the competition knew about this forum? If this were true, then we would have so many more users here.

This brings me to something to consider. Is there a way to actually advertise or bring it to one's attention to this forum? If so, we would probably have an endless rate of discussions, I think.

Just for the record, there are about 157 registered users here, however, there are only about 6-7 of us who actually post here frequently, which includes Paul, Fred, Pierre, Lars, Jerome, Enkil and myself, especially Enkil and I.

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=stats&top=3&d ays=365&lst=2

Not to be too critical on this, but my point is that is there a way to actually increase the popularity of this forum?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 9, 2005 15:23:47   Edited by: Enkil

lol Smoke,

Remember when we discussed about this? I've been thinking about it ever since...

I guess most of the people there aren't pyrofreaks, like us. If they were, there would have been at least hundred of people on Notre Dame and on the birdge for the Pyjama day, but that's not the case. They prolly don't always breath and live with fireworks, like us.

Hrmm, but that explanation alone wouldn't justify it, right? Often, I see the same people every night on Notre Dame. I'm sure there's a lot, maybe they're not interested in joining?

One of the ways to boost the number of members on this forum would be with the help of internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com's webmaster. He could add the link to his site, but the problem is there's no link section...

Posted: Aug 10, 2005 08:47:22   Edited by: Lars

Trav,

I definetely agree that you and Enkil are the most active users (besides Paul, of course)
And that is meant positively, since you comment well on the specific shows etc.

However I must admit that I have not made many posts this year though I have visited the site every day... It's a bit difficult to comment on the shows since I have not seen any of them "live"...
In my "normal" job as an accountant I am tought only to comment on things I know about
And then I have been very busy doing pyro myself - it is the most buzy season in our country and a turbulent half week at the danish championship didn't help much

But Paul has switched links with the german site feuerwerk.net (webring) and that might lead interessted visitors to this site...
The Tarragona-competition has Markus's site feuerwerk.net as their official one but most of the posts are written in German. Eventhough danish pupils are obliged to learn German for 5 years in elementary school (is that the right term?) I can't recall enough phrases to write a post on the site
Luckily the administrator of the feuerwerk.net speaks english well and is a very friendly person to discuss pyro with - so we still had a few nice debates about the shows in Spain

Regards,
Lars

Posted: Aug 12, 2005 09:59:09

Enkil,

Yes, I remember when we discussed this! That's why I decided to start a topic like this, so others get an idea of statistics of this site. However, this season has actually been the post popular in terms of posts. Take a look at the past 2 years worth of posts and compare it to this year. It's almost both of them combined! But I guess you're right, not everyone there are pyrofreaks like we are, but I'm more than certain that they would love to give their opinions on the show, even if it's a one sentence statement. I'm sure many people would be interested in joining the site, but I'm sure that they don't know about it. It would be nice to see what others think, but I'm also sure that they will have similar opinions like ours.

Lars,

I totally agree. However, remember that there's no obligation to post all the time, like I do. When you're busy, you're busy and if you don't have time, there's no big deal. But it's good to know that you check in almost everyday.

Even though you didn't see the shows this year, perhaps you had some questions about specific things? You see, just because you didn't see the shows doesn't mean that you can't discuss anything! Like I said, you can ask questions pertaining to the show and then build up your thoughts on other aspects that might appeal to you. This always gets things going. But, as I said, when you've got the time.

Good to hear from you, Lars!

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021