Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› HAPPY NEW YEAR(2006)!!!!!!!!!
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 31, 2005 21:54:08   Edited by: Smoke

Greetings, my friends!

Well, a truly remarkable way to end the year. As I was telling Pierre, I looked back on all that we had, not to mention some bad times, like that Tsunamis or hurricane Katrina. Other than that, now we must face the wrath of January!

Anyways, we had a wonderful year, not to mention one of the hottest Summers on record. The competition was also great and intense, though the finales lacked for the first time, but I'm sure that will change for 2006! In fact, the finale improvments and the hopes for incredible ones i.e Spain 2001, were part of my resolution!

Well, a very happy new year to all of you and have a peaceful new year's night, wherever you are!

Best wishes,

~Travis.~

Posted: Jan 1, 2006 10:48:17

you too travis.i hope for 2006 firework competition is better than 2005 competition but 2005 firework is very nice.so best wishes for you trav,enkil,pierre and all the other people on the forum !!!

jérôme

Posted: Jan 1, 2006 11:01:35   Edited by: Lars

Hi Trav

Also greetings in return from Denmark. I Hope you've had a nice evening? And by the way: Is it normal that everyone buy their own fireworks articles or does the town organize a large show (like Sydney, London etc.?)

A brief statusreport about NYE in Denmark: After the accident in 2004 (where a warehouse exploded) we have now seen the consequenses for the fireworks market. By my judgement there was one third less fireworks in the sky at its peak last night and it is very clear that the largest and most powerfull rockets and cakes have been banned, since the "brutality" of a whole city firing at once was missing compared to 3 years ago. I don't know if the spanish finales with 600+ salutes in Tarragona last summer spoiled me but I definetely believe that there's a significant decline in the amounts fired. However I was surprised that some very large chrysanthemum shells were fired and I also spotted/felt 6 and 8 inch salutes from 2 places. There have been an increase for these salutes in the black market and the police have unfortunately not found all. Luckily no major incidents have been reported.

The positive side of the decrease in the fireworks seen last night (for my situation isolated) is that I can allow myself to go to the competitions in Chantilly (france) and Tarragona (spain) in this year 2006 - that will surely calm my need

Happy new year to everyone from me

Kind regards,
Lars

Posted: Jan 2, 2006 11:49:01

Hey guys,

Just a short note to wish you all the best for 2006....to you, Travis, Enkil, Paul, Jérôme, Lars, Dan and everyone of you in this forum!

May 2006 bring a great firework competition with intense finales!

Pierre

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020