Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Happy Canada Day(2007)!!!!!!!!
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 1, 2007 00:25:35   Edited by: Smoke

Hi guys,

I just got back from downtown, and I must say that there are a lot of festivities taking place, especially due to the Jazz Festival! I also took a little drive up on Mont-Royal to see our beautiful city while also enjoying the mountain terrain as well.

In any case, I wanted to wish everyone a very happy Canada Day! I hope we'll see some nice fireworks displays for the occasion, too. There will be multiple displays, including a parade at Pierrefonds, here in the West Island, but I think there will be a nice performance taking place at the Old Port as well, which I might be attending tomorrow evening depending on how things work out. If not, we might take a trip down to Ottawa to see the grand fireworks show taking place there as well.

Enjoy the day!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 1, 2007 03:53:55

If you want to see the biggest display on canada day, go to Ottawa. The budget is 70 000$ and this is a 14 min show. It suppose to have a total of 100 bombs (8", 10" and 12 inch). The show is desing by Yanick Roy and all work done by Royal Pyrotechnie.

Posted: Jul 1, 2007 16:31:56

Yeah, the biggest displays typically happen in the nation's capital. I might still be heading there this evening, but the weather, as expected, is so cold. Also, as typical with Canada Day or Canada fireworks, the risk of rain is always there; we're experiencing some steady rain in the West Island as I write this (don't know about elsewhere). This evening should be ok with partly cloudy skies, cool conditions and a moderation Northwest wind. The same holds true for Ottawa.

Ever since those cold fronts went through and took the heat away after England's performance, the weather sucked (that's why I hate cold fronts). But hey, it's still Canada Day, so let's make the most of it and enjoy the fireworks!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023