Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Fireworks Photography —› MEXICO FIREWORKS - JULY 7, 2007
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 8, 2007 10:10:15   Edited by: rachelita

Well Guys, I tried a different viewpoint yesterday at the request of two friends but it was really far - shot from Parc de l'Ile Charron, in Boucherville - the view of the city was quite hazy, wa sit fog, humidity, particles standing in air, light pollution - anyways it was too late to make my way downtown -

So to start, here is one shot - I especially like the background which really shows our city - I will post more later

Posted: Jul 8, 2007 10:12:00   Edited by: rachelita

Here are a few more and one of them is the same as above with a different and closer crop

Posted: Jul 8, 2007 22:47:20   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Rachel,

From that picture, it's clear which direction the smoke was blowing in and it's certainly no wonder why Fred and Paul stated that there was much smoke build up. I'm guessing that the dangerous wind for spectators at La Ronde is that of a light Westerly.

As for the picture, it's also a really nice viewing alternative, especially with the park and the glorious view of our beautiful city. However, I didn't notice your pictures in the photo section, unless of course you will have Paul add them when they're ready? I'll be patient, if that's the case.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 9, 2007 07:42:50

Rachel -- This point of view is awsome. The fireworks are not hidden by the bridge, but the shape of the bridge remains. The downtown silhouette adds a lot to the interest of these pictures.

Fred

Posted: Jul 9, 2007 08:21:51

Rachel's wonderful photos are now up on the photo page.

Thanks once again, Rachel, for providing us with your work which shows a really different and exciting viewpoint of the fireworks.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 9, 2007 23:15:36

Those additional provided pictures are also so extravagantly brought out by the city. Personally, I very much prefer this viewpoint moreso than the last because it offers, as I said before, the city, the bridge and the park itself as an integrative whole into the photographs. This arguably brings out more life and definition from the fireworks and associated effects in the pictures.

Rachel's photos certainly have made a great addition to the photo page. Keep up the fantastic work.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 9, 2007 23:28:36

you guys are soooooooo nice - thanks a bunch - I love Bob's images, as they so precisely show the explosions themselves - I merely offer a different point of view, one that shows that the image was indeed shot in Montreal - so basically, these images of Bob and I show different perspectives of the same show - as seen by tons of people, all so differently, depending on their place of view

Posted: Jul 10, 2007 11:16:45

Rachel,

Just a question, but will you be taking your pictures in that area for the remainder of the competition, or did you have other angles in mind that you wanted to experiment with? I personally love this view, though.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 10, 2007 11:49:38

Hi Smoke, what is your real name? TRAV???

My problem is that I do not have a car so there are many places I cannot access via bus and metro - my favorite spot is at the tip of the parc des havres, near habitat 67 - but I have to walk all the way from University with all my equipment, and then when I return, it is like 11pm and there are no buses - so that is kind of difficult for me - so I always try to find a lift with someone - I sure would like to do that spot again, as I did in my last two previous years - you can see the images on my website -

As far as this location is concerned (Ile Charron), I hope to go again, again it depends on my friends and their availability and whether they are willing to take me all the way back to Cote des Neiges, where I live.

I will do my best and present to you my best - that is all that I can safely guarantee right now heheh

Posted: Jul 10, 2007 23:51:58

Hi Rachel,

I understand your predicament of transportation. Unlike you and possibly every member of this forum, I live way out in the West Island near Kirkland in Dollard-Des-Ormeaux and traveling to downtown is difficult and expensive. We do not have access to the metro here, but we do have a train that links us all the way to place Bonaventure. The problem that I face in taking the train to downtown is that the hours aren't exactly flexible. However, the problem really isn't the train, but once I get back to the train station, the buses no longer run at that hour; there's nothing after 11:30, and I would arrive there at 11:50, so forget that! My only option is to drive there, but it's not like I have my own car; we only have one vehicle.

And yes, my name is Travis, but everyone calls me Trav. You may address me with whatever you wish.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023