Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› 2007 videos
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 04:15:59

is there anyone who would post full videos of the 2007 fireworks competition displays?

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 07:32:21

I will be posting full videos shortly - except where I had problems with the camera

Like last year, only forum members will be able to see them.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 09:33:37   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

that would be great i hope that you didn't have problems with the american, spanish, chinese and english displays hehehe!!

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 12:47:49

In the meantime, if you'd like, I have posted 2-5 minute montages of highlights from each of the previous 2007 displays on Youtube.

I am not sure what the admin has in store, but my videos are, unfortunately, without the soundtrack and the quality is somewhat diminished due to Youtube compressing my videos. In any case, it may be something to tide you over.

If you have any trouble finding them on Youtube let me know, but they should be simple enough to find through searching.

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 19:51:59   Edited by: Smoke

TRae,

I just looked through your videos on YouTube and I must say that you really got some nice footage for each show. I'm particularly impressed with the video of England with the strong flash of lightning in the distance before the video started off. I'm guessing you took these from the other side of the bridge closer to La Ronde given the relative distance from the firing site, height off the ground and the general direction you were looking at the storm from.

Thanks,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 17, 2007 22:11:05

Trav,

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I'm very happy myself that I have been able to document the displays this year and I plan on putting together a DVD at the competition's end - each country's segment will likely be shorter than my YouTube videos due to memory constraints on my computer at home, but it should be a very nice keepsake none the less.

I have been filming from the bridge, north-west of La Ronde , along the pedestrian walkway where you're literally "caged in." I use a .5x lens which may give you a skewed impression of how close I actually am from the firing site.

The lighting shot was nice, but I enjoy it even more because of the "holy mackerel!" reaction from my younger brother.

I'm really pumped for the Canadian display tomorrow night - I hope I'll be able to sleep and concentrate at work in the meantime.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I live in Ile Bizard. I like Dollard Des Ormeaux a lot - used to play baseball there a number of years ago.

Goodnight all.

Posted: Jul 18, 2007 18:20:14

Hi TRae,

I've actually only been on the bridge once when I was really small (I think in 1991) and I actually liked the view. However, that night the wind favored the smoke to blow in our direction, so the constant exposure to it was uncomfortable. The view was great, though, and I'd like to go there again to view the displays.

I was actually thinking about the kind of lens you were using when viewing the display, and yes, it did look a lot closer than it was! The lightning shot was extravagant (I looked at it multiple times) and I also did enjoy the reaction from your brother.

As for Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, indeed, we have many parks, especially near my residence. I always go to watch baseball in the Summer in the park near my place. The other adjacent park in Pierrefonds always has fireworks there for St.Jean Baptiste and sometimes Canada Day. Ile Bizard? I have a friend who moved there recently.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos and I, too, am very much looking forward to tonight's display.

Take care and enjoy tonight's show.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2007 14:01:55

Hi,

Does anyone know of any finale videos are available on YouTube for Canada's show this year? If not, I'll just be patient and wait to see Pierre's and TRae's videos on them.

Thanks again,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2007 18:44:53

Hi Trav,

First off, I wish you a very happy birthday. As you've mentioned, the great weather coupled with a promising-sounding display from France makes for quite a birthday treat!

As for YouTube, I've been trying to upload my video like a madman the past few days - it seems they are doing something maintenance related and I have not been able to upload as a result.

Trust me though, I did record the display and the montage - including the finale in its entirety - will be posted as soon as YouTube makes it possible.

As for tonight's display, I'm going out to celebrate a friend's birthday afterwards - he will likely join me for the fireworks - and I'm still not sure if I will be recording the display tonight as lugging around a camera bag doesn't exactly fit into my idea of a fun night out. But hey, we're in Montreal right, North America's most European city - I shouldn't look out of place carrying what looks like a purse around to a bar or two right?

In any case, to my fellow "fireworks forumers,"may we have a great time tonight!

TRae

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 01:36:47

Hi TRae,

I hope YouTube will soon finish off their maintenance so that you may be able to upload your video and share it with us in the near future. However, just remember that it isn't a big rush, but as long as we get to see it eventually, it's not a big deal.

If you did record some of tonight's display, we'd as always love to see it when it is ready. I hope your friend got the chance to attend the French display and get a little fireworks for his birthday as well. I also hope that the party afterwards also goes very well and that it's an enjoyable one! Best wishes to your friend, too.

Thank you very much for your good wishes on behalf of my birthday as well, TRae; I really appreciate it.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 09:05:35

is there a specific link to see the videos of the fireworks shows - I see here that only forum can view them but I see no links

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 10:18:43

Rachelita,

only the 2006 videos are up at the moment. I'll be posting the 2007 videos later on for the enjoyment of forum members. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 22, 2007 11:47:34

im sure that it's worth the wait specially if you're somewhere far from canada!

Posted: Jul 27, 2007 08:27:08   Edited by: Admin

Hello all,

Just wanted to mention that YouTube is finally working for me and I have posted my edited montage of Canada's 2007 display including full finale.

Before I left for work this morning, I began uploading France's display and it should be up at some point today.

I'll be home editing the German display tonight before going to La Ronde tomorrow for the day - plus the awards ceremony and closing display! Woo-hoo!

Sorry I cannot offer a direct link - my computer at work isn't technologically advanced enough for YouTube to work on it

[ Paul edit: here is the link ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-_PqDYH-o0

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 03:13:05

TRae,

Excellent video, as always! I thank you for sharing it with us and I look forward to seeing the videos of the remaining displays, that is assuming you plan to record them.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 30, 2007 11:17:50

The Telus website http://telusmobility.com/fireworks has video clips of all the displays (though the closing show isn't there yet). I also discovered that it's possible to download the .mov files by going here:

http://hd-t2237cl.privatedns.com/~wtel019/video/

Grab them while you can!

Paul

Posted: Jul 31, 2007 11:36:17

Nice videos. I hope we get to see the closing show clips as well sometime soon.

Thanks for posting the link, Paul.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 19, 2007 03:12:02

Hello everyone,

I finally found the time today to edit together the final display that I recorded this season and the German montage is now posted on YouTube. I am aware of the fact that many would prefer a full (3 part) video but the upload time and other circumstances keep me from taking that route.

All of this year's montages can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=TraeCH

And if any of you add me on youtube as a "friend," I will allow you to view a special 'private' video of the German display with full audio and video. I chose not to make it public as I am not sure about copyright laws in regards to the soundtracks for displays. I, half-jokingly, tell people that my biggest fear is infringing on copyright laws!

Also... this announcement may be somewhat premature, but I do plan on putting together a DVD of the year's highlights including all of my montages plus certain full segments from a few of the final displays - some with full soundtrack audio - and perhaps the "members only videos" and pictures if I am given permission. I would offer the DVD, absolutely free, to anyone willing to pay postage or pick it up.

Anyway, just giving you a heads up. I'll be starting this little project once I'm back at University and have 24 hour access to the editing labs.

Goodnight all.

Posted: Aug 19, 2007 17:17:47   Edited by: Smoke

Thank you very much, TRae, for the information and updates. Watching these alone makes me can't wait for the 2008 season. I abhor Fall!

Thanks again,

Trav.

p.s. I still love the England clip the best, thanks to the lightning. June 27th was my favorite day this Summer!

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 17:27:06

Just to re-open this topic to get the videos from "The Best" topic into here.

Keep checking the Member Only Videos link as there will be more coming from 2007 next month

Paul.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 21:25:17

As I just posted in the "October is coming" thread, indeed, it is a new month today and, as promised, a new video is uploaded. As usual, only members can see it - check the "Member Only Videos" button at the left of the main forum window.

Enjoy!

Paul.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 23:56:56   Edited by: Smoke

Edit: My bad...I put this (the original message and links) in the wrong thread....I just reposted the message that was originally here under the appropriate topic "All video links".

In any case, thanks for putting up the video of France's display, Paul! Watching these videos really keeps the competition going in our hearts.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.016