Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Fireworks Photography —› CANADA FIREWORKS - JULY 18, 2007
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 19:42:55   Edited by: rachelita

Hi everyone, I am back hehehe - well despite the forecast of thunderstorms and rain, I was finally able to go with a friend and shoot from Ile Charron -

If worse came to worse, we would shoot lightning instead - oh well, we will experiement with that another time

here is one image, I am just starting to have time to look at the images

From Ile Charron, the atmosphere was again very charged, the city barely visible with the clouds or smog or whatever it was in the air - at some point, i actually thought it was raining in Montreal and not where we were -

During the latter part of the evening, there was really a lot of smoke and I don't know if it was just the lack of wind pushing it out of the way - This was unfortunate because from far away, the explosions were getting stuck behind the smoke and within the smoke clouds

From a photographer's point of view, it was quite difficult to photograph as there was a lot of very strong explosions, very close together - pow pow pow - this is like white white white bursts for a photographer as the light is too strong and sudden. this usually gives us nice white blobs without detail so I felt that the show lacked in color somehow -but overall, I found this show quite beautiful.

So here you go, my first image here

Posted: Jul 19, 2007 20:14:40   Edited by: rachelita

here is image #2

here is image #3

here is image #4

Posted: Jul 20, 2007 18:06:40

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for posting these wonderful pictures! I could tell that there was a lot of smoke, but at least the fireworks still came out beautifully. You really did an excellent job and the viewpoint is an good as ever.

As for the color choice, I did also notice a slight lacking in color richness, but this was moreso prevalent in the earlier parts of the show than the latter half anyway.

Thank you again so very much! It seems that for the first time, we have 12 pictures for a display!

Keep up the good work!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013