Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Fireworks Photography —› GERMANY FIREWORKS - JULY 25, 2007
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 08:50:51   Edited by: Admin

Here are my images from the Germany fireworks competition
You can go here to see large size of each thumbnail and get my settings for each individual shot, based on the exif information - although I was very disappointed at first, seeing all the blownouts, I was pleased to see when I was calmer and more relaxed and spent an evening editing them, that thanks to RAW format, many came to life on my screen - below you will see thumbnails of the images, as they appear on my website if you follow this link below. Hope you like them - there is only one show left, and it is tonight - and I will be at LA RONDE - ya hoo! I can't wait to see this show up close and personal as they say and get beautiful closeups like Bob and Steve captured throughout the season

The vantage point for these were from Avenue Pierre Dupuy in Longueuil, so hence a little closer than Ile Charron - all images were shot with a 28-105 lens as the 70-200 was just too close for this location

http://www.pbase.com/rachelita/germany2007

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 09:02:04

Wow, pleasure overload!

Many fantastic photos there Rachelita - we're indebted to you for the wonderful photos throughout the 2007 season.

Thanks again!

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 09:09:01

hehe thanks a lot Tyler - I was equally enthused when I saw your videos late last night on youtube - as you, I am unable to insert the link here to my website - so I guess people will have to cut and paste into their internet browser page

It was a great experience for me to do as many shows as possible, well 7 out of 10 - So for me, in itself, this is an accomplishment.

It was fun also to see you video and re-create the explosions in my head and remember when I clicked and see which ones I actually caught (and all the ones I missed hehe)

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 09:49:01

Rachelita,

all you have to do to enter a link is type it directly - pressing the link button in the reply composer is confusing if you're not used to it. For example, here's the link to your Germany pictures - I just cut and paste from the address bar in the browser:

http://www.pbase.com/rachelita/germany2007

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 13:45:43

Holy! My expression is the same as TRae's! You really outdid yourself this time, Rachel, and I thank you for that! Such beautiful pictures; it will be hard to pick just a selected few to post on the photos page!

Thank you, Rachel, for your contributions in photos this season and I hope you have a good time taking them at La Ronde tonight!

Will you be with us next year as one of our main photographers so that you will be able to share your pictures with us? It's also great because we get additional pictures! I'd really, really love to have you here!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 15:54:53   Edited by: rachelita

well I certainly wish to do it again next year - it certainly was a lot of fun and quite a challenge to do it every show - I missed three so I have a pass mark hehehe 70% of the shows.

Maybe I will meet some of you guys (and gals, if any) tonight at the grand finale - I was just told by my neighbour that the show tonight is one hour long - is that true? if so, wow wow wow

Posted: Jul 28, 2007 16:00:37

Rachel,

It would be a pleasure to have you take photos again for next year.

And no, unfortunately, the show isn't 1 hour. It's 1/2 hour like the others. Wouldn't it be cool if it was an hour?

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020