Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Les Feux sur Glace 2007 au Vieux-Port de Montréal
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 17:21:43

My pleasure Canuck. And I will be there tonight - same spot as usual. I will keep an eye out for you

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 22:39:42

What a show tonight. That was one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. If FAE could add 13 more minutes to that show, it could easily win a Jupiter award during the summer.

Posted: Dec 22, 2007 23:54:32

Due to a major road being partially closed in the West Island I was late showing up for the display and watched from Rue de la Commune, in front of the Marche Bonsecours. I saw the entire display but only got about half on tape.

Like Canuck, I was impressed by FAE's display. The penultimate segment was just wonderful - however ending with the clichéd "It's a Wonderful World"/gold tableau bit did, in my opinion, detract from my personal attachment with the display.

More importantly than that, Fire on Ice was, without question, a huge success and I cannot wait for coming winters as I see this event growing both in scale and popularity. Hats off to the Old Port and Telus as a sponsor!

...and so the wait begins for Prestatech in late June!!!

Tyler

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 14:05:38

Hi guys,

I'm glad that you both enjoyed last night's display as well as the entire Fire on Ice event overall. It also sounds like FAE's performance was quite vehement in its entirety! Thanks for both of your comments!

And Tyler, many thanks to you for constantly showing us good footage of each display and also subsequently providing information about different aspects of some of the effects present, the general feeling, and of course your own thoughts on how the displays were concocted, which often made me feel as if I were there on site. We really appreciate it!

All this talk makes me to can't wait for June 21st. A little less than six months away now!

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 14:37:43

Last night's show was good but far from a Jupiter winner. I picked the winner last summer and was right. The second to last song was the best part of the show and should have been the finale. FAE's typical gold finale is nice but cliched.

I would encourage FAE to give more variety and better synchronization with the music. It lacked eye appealed and was very predictable for most of the show.

I give them full credit for setting up a winter show which can be a cold task at the best of times. The show appeared to fire correctly and provided good entertainment for the many viewers.

Cheers,

pyrobabe

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 20:15:04

Moi j'ai très apprécié le feux de FAE PARCONTRE le vent qui pointait vers nous, nous a amenée les bébris de bombe+la fumée+les résidus+les étoiles....ont voyait les débris s'accumuler autour de nous pendand le feux et le pire c'est qu'on a tous reçus des étincelles et des étoiles de bombe kamuro de la finale sur la tête de bon nombre de spectateurs...j'ai reçus des résidus de poudre dans les yeux et des étincelles incandescente dans mon manteaux !! PARCONTRE cette ambiances a rendus le feux d'artifice EXTRÊMEMENT interessant, me rappellant ainsi les bonnes fois quand j'était derrière la console lors du feux sur glace l'an derniers, j'ai adoré revivre cette expérience fantastique ! bon ce qui est du côté technique....je donne 7/10, la fausse finale a été très spendides ! d'ailleurs la trame sonore était très apprécié, et ce qui est le la finale kamuro...elle aurait du être plus intense, car la fausse finale a été pas mal meilleurs ! la salve de marron a été aussit parfaite avec le mélange de volcan rouge et de petit marron suivi de marron 75mm ! donc en gros il aurait du inverser le processus, c'est à dire la toune de monsieur armstrong en avant dernier et la toune espagnole pour couronner le tout avec les marron, etc !

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 21:06:59

Last night's show was good but far from a Jupiter winner. I picked the winner last summer and was right. The second to last song was the best part of the show and should have been the finale. FAE's typical gold finale is nice but cliched.

Obviously it wasn't up to competition standard, but considering some of the shit shows we have had in the summer the past few years I would say FAE could be very competitive with this show. The riverdance song should be the last song with wonderful world coming right before it makes more sense. With some tweaks to this show it could do very well.

Posted: Dec 23, 2007 22:16:38

Bonsoir

Moi aussi j'étais là pour la prestation de la firme FAE. Wow!!! Comme la plupart d,entre vous j'ai adoré ce que j'ai vu. Bien sur il ne s'agissait pas là d'une compétition mais j'ai senti que cette équipe voulait montrer de quoi ils sont capables.
Félicitations ...FAE
Je me suis aussi beaucoup amusé à danser, chanter avec ALAIN FRANCOIS...quel talent d'animateur.....

IMPECCABLE l'organisation de cet événement.

Bonne nuit. Rendez-vous aux feux de MONTREAL EN LUMIERE

Roger

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 01:36:44

Wow, the forum hasn't been this busy since the final night of the Symposium!

Reloadable Shell, où était-tu pendant le spectacle samedi soir pour que les débris s'accumulait autour de vous autres et les étincelles et étoiles tombait sur la tête? Tout près du patinoire? Comme j'ai mentioné, je n'étais pas sur le quai alors je savais pas que le vent était si fort. Moi aussi j'ai reçu des débris en plein visage pendant le feux d'Angleterre cette été passé - bien que moi j'ai pas d'expérience derrière une console lors d'un feux... mais j'aimerais revivre l'expérience tout de même!

Canuck, I'm not exactly sure how to weigh in on the potential Jupiter-contention of this display as, aside from this past summer, I have not been to the majority of "l'International des Feux" displays in recent years. However, offhand, my two least-favourite displays have probably been the Czech Republic display of '05 and Switzerland of '06, and in my opinion, FAE cannot yet hold a candle to either respective firm. I agree with Pyrobabe - welcome to the forum by the way - that the display lacked variety (save the excellent second-to-last segment we all seem to have enjoyed) and, aside from the "Wonderful World finale," tended towards, as Paul might put it, "an atmospheric synchronization" as opposed to a beat synchronization... not that there is anything necessarily wrong with that. Overall, I believe that FAE did a great job considering the budget, time allotted, and overall scale of the Feux Sur Glace; a few tweaks shy of a Jupiter or not, it is a respectable achievement all the same.

Roger, qu'est ce qu'il y a comme feux pendant le festival Montreal en Lumière? Sont-ils présentés le nuit du "all-nighter?" Quel sort de spectacle pouvons-nous expecter? Merci en avance!

Finally, Happy Holidays to you all/Joyeux fêtes à tous!

Tyler

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 07:54:29

Fine I clearly lose this one
I really enjoyed FAE and hope to see them compete in the summer some time soon

Tyler, you actually liked the Czech show from 05? I thought that was one of the worst shows that year.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 08:15:09   Edited by: Pyrobabe

Happy Holidays everyone and enjoy.

Looking forward to MONTREAL EN LUMIERE in February.

Next summer is looking good already. I am hoping Eric Tucker will be designing a display. His displays are always a definite crowd pleaser and he has not been there since 2004. More designers are developing their own creativity and winning such as Germany and Argentina which is what we are always hoping for. Like in golf, you keep going trying hoping for that great shot which keeps you going. It would also be wonderful to see more from Patrice Guy and Yanick Roy. Both did well in the competition of 2003.

Let's think about having lots of great displays in 2008!

Cheers,

Pyrobabe

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 12:22:39

Un déménagement entre Montréal et Québec samedi dernier m'a empêché d'assister au spectacle de FAE mais, à lire vos commentaires, il semble que c'était excellent! J'avais rencontré deux gars de cette firme estrienne lors de la conférence de presse. Ils étaient très motivés et ils sont ambitieux. Les Feux sur glace ne sont pas une compétition et le budget alloué par le Vieux-Port n'a rien à voir avec celui de La Ronde. Mais surveillons cette firme, je pense que nous verrons leur nom apparaître au programme de certaines compétitions dans les années qui viennent!

Je n'ai assisté qu'aux spectacles d'Ampleman et Royal cette année. Malheureusement, il semble que Royal ait éprouvé certaines difficultés techniques lors de la mise à feu du spectacle; ces courtes interruptions n'avaient sans doute pas été prévues au programme. Par ailleurs, je m'interroge sur l'environnement acoustique, il me semble que le système de son performait un peu moins bien ces soirs-là que l'an dernier. Suis-je le seul à avoir constaté une différence?

Néanmoins, je partage les commentaires positifs émis sur ce forum à l'égard de cet événement et de l'organisation qu'en fait le Vieux-Port. Avec le bar d'hiver et les spectacles musicaux qui précèdent et suivent les feux, nous avons là un événement qui se tient bien et qui vaut le détour, entre autres pour les familles. Si les feux de La Ronde sont de bien plus grande envergure et que la compétition y soit vraiment excitante, il n'en demeure pas moins que l'événement du Vieux-Port est beaucoup plus abordable.

Joyeuses fêtes à tous!

Fred

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 13:39:30

quel qu'un connait la dernière chanson utilisé dans le feux d'artifice de royal..

merci et joyeuses fete à tous
pat

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 13:49:52

Pat, le chanson s'apelle "Wizards in Winter" par le Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Tu peux le revoir vers la fin de cette video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJYhfQHLFU

Tyler

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 14:28:08

merci Tyley

passe de belles fetes.

Pat

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 14:48:09

Salut

suite au message de TYLER.le détail de la programmation extérieure de montréal en lumière ne sera disponible qu,'en janvier 2008.
Le festival commence le 21 février et se termine le 2 mars.
L'an dernier il y a eu 2 feux d'artifice et de bons . Le premier en ouverture du festival et le second en clôture avant la nuit Blanche .

Je ne connais pas encore les firmes qui seront de la partie.

A suivre....

Joyeuses fêtes à tous.

Roger

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 16:27:22

" FAE's typical gold finale is nice but cliched. "
[i][/i]
FAE and Gold Tableaus... you can't say FAE and not think about an over-abundance of gold!

I have seen their last two or three performances at Sherbrook. This past summer when they won, I think they were very fortunate for the very weak year. They were easily the best show, but their show would not have fared well at the 25th anniversary year against other past winners. On a side note, during this 25th version we saw Fireworks Spectaculars Canada perform a most wonderful version of "What a Wonderful World" - FAE then used this music one year later (2007) in the same competition. I much prefered FSC's interpretation/choreography over FAE.

The good news for FAE is that it sems they are improving as the years go by. I wouldn't expect them to fare well in Montreal just yet, but maybe after some years of competing in smaller venues, they might be able to graduate up to La Ronde.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 23:28:06

My final video from the Feux sur Glace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2tXhBvO3OA

It's from a bad angle and it's only about half of the display (and the beginning is pretty blurry) but it's all I've got!

Et merci Roger pour l'information.

Again, happy holidays all.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 09:43:49   Edited by: fredbastien

En cette période de temps chaud et humide, je réanime momentanément ce fil de discussion pour vous informer que FAE Pyrotechnie, qui a satisfait plusieurs spectateurs lors de sa performance au Vieux-Port de Montréal en décembre dernier, participera au concours international du Globalfest à Calgary en août prochain. Je crois qu'il faudra compter avec ce nouveau joueur au cours des prochaines années!

Fred
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.015