Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Final predictions about the 2008 schedule?
Last poster Message

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 20:42:42

Hey guys,

It always seems to be variable in the actual release date of the new schedule between the months of December and January, but I do recall that it was released on this forum within the first week of December last year, while that of 2005 and 2006 were released at approximately mid December. In that sense, I thought it would be appropriate to have some final predictions before it is actually released since time is approaching either way. My predictions as far as countries go (if assuming 8 entrants):

Japan
Canada
U.S.A
Australia
Italy
Spain
France
Argentina

If there were 9 entrants, I suppose I can throw in Portugal into that list. I have yet to guess the firms for each, but I do sincerely hope that we get many new ones, including another Canadian firm outside of Quebec-Fireworks Spectaculars were, well, spectacular!

Trav.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 02:25:52   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

France - intermede
U.S.A - john sagaria fireworks
Taiwan - san tai
Mexico - pirotecnia reyes
Spain - ricardo caballer
Portugal - luso pirotecnia
Italy - Pirotecnia Scarpato / Ipon
Australia - Foti's fireworks
Philippines! LOL (this is a mocked up guess)- Dragon fireworks
Germany/italy - Gamma p.

Posted: Nov 29, 2007 07:19:36   Edited by: Rovira

Spain - Vicente Caballer

Canada - Fireworks Spectaculars

Japan - Marumataya Ogatsu Fireworks

France - Prestatech (Intermede is also a good comapany: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YByp9NUZ9vc

U.S.A - Atlas Pyrovision

UK - Kimbolton Fireworks

Italy - Parente

Germany - Gamma-p (the same than Vaccalluzzo)

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 15:10:59

My predictions with company representation in accordance with my country list above is as follows:

Japan - Marutamaya Co. Ltd
Canada - Royal Pyrotechnie (hopefully a firm outside Quebec, too)
U.S.A - Rozzi's Famous Fireworks
Australia - Foti International Fireworks
Italy- IPON
Spain - Pirotécnia Vicente Caballer
France - Groupe F
Argentina - Fuegos Artificiales Júpiter

Under the assumption of 9 entrants, again I'd throw in Portugal, and predicting that Luso Pirotecnia, LDA will represent the country.

Thanks for your predictions, and I hope to see more to make things even more interesting before the actual releasing of the schedule!

Cheers,

Trav.

Posted: Nov 30, 2007 16:15:10

Canada: Garden City Display Fireworks or Archangel Fireworks
UK: Spitfire Pyrotechnics
China: Sunny
USA: Pyrotechnico
Germany / Poland / UAE: Flash Art
Russia: Pyro Show
Spain: Pirotechnia Zaragozana
Hong Kong: Glorious Group
Italy: Pirotecnica Scarpato

While I would love to see Foti fireworks, I would be very surprised to see them in Montreal as they have been listed as competitors in Quebec City. (Same as Royal Pyrotechnie)

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 12:14:52

Hey paramount,

Actually, that's a very good point - I almost forgot about the Quebec City displays! If that's the case, then I'll have to resort to predicting Ampleman for representing Canada (again hopefully also a new firm for the Canadian team that's from outside Quebec) since it has been some time. With regards to Australia, I'm at a loss, but I still predict the country itself will show up on the list somehow.

I had some thoughts last night about Sweden also possibly showing up, but we'll see shortly...

Trav.

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 21:06:56   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

well for australia there's still howards and sons! which is quite a good firm! i saw their video in the main website of montreal fireworks competition! and i liked it! god choice of music and nice synchro!!

There's also proformance from australia! they have nautical cakes haha!!

For canada i wish that apogee wil join! they had a really god display in nuits de feu! i'm sure that that was a montreal kind of display! i tihnk people compared it to the displays of the caballers!!

Maybe we'll se ukraine as well! theres this one company that is good there! pyro-show!

Russia should join also! they have this moscow fireworks festival and i saw a nice display there i think that it was from Khan fireworks, i think they won in les grands feux du lac leamy this year!!

For portugal i want to see macedo's pirotecnia again! their display in hannover was great! i loved the songs!! i think they won their!

vander

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 11:11:41

Ahhh lots of big boys on the list....

Yes, they have the capacity and the finances to mount the big show but what I always say, some of them lack the thirst and the creativity to mount something new...

Just like Montreal 2007, nothing impressive or new.

JCO - France never heard of them before yet they won in Macau and Liuyang
Europla - Have you heard the batucada and the musical mascleta?
Vaccalluzzo - with what they do with the Monetti system, they will blow you away with their boutique shows!

Then again, they're not the big boys, so I don't know if the organizers will go for them. Lucky are the French, the Spanish, and the Italians who get to see their shows live.

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 11:13:25

Ahhhh I forgot, Toni Scarpato makes great comets and mines...

And his lightning shells are awesome too!!!

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 02:46:59

I agree scarpato has great comets and mines and also their sequences are great!!

Europla- i love their musical mascleta!!

Vaccalluzzo - i love their shells and mines and comets sequences!! their shells are so baroque! their one of a kind and not something you will see all the time

is jco - the same as the jacques courtier who joined hannover in like 2004 or 2005? their quite good but i would prefer to see intermede or prestatech!

How about mirnovec pirotecnia of i think croatia? their good as well!

France's fetes et feux is also good!!

Does anyone have a clue on when the new dates will come out?

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 13:03:57

Well, it has been exactly a year today since the schedule of 2007 was released, so I'd imagine everything will be revealed not too far from now, or at least within the next two weeks or so since the releasing date trend seemed to have migrated towards early to mid December as opposed to early to mid January, but we'll see!

Maybe because it's a leap year coming, the schedule for 2008 will be released in January, like the one for 2004, but that's just Trav's suspicion!

Trav.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 20:41:27

This is not a prediction......it's a wish!

Italy (IPON S.R.L.)

Yeah, I know.......I am so predictible.....LOL

Pierre

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 20:29:13

Hey Pierre,

IPON was actually a prediction of mine should Italy be a competitor for 2008, and I hope that becomes a reality.

At this point, I'm very anxious to see the schedule, especially since it could be released anytime now. I wonder what the leap year has to offer...

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025